The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give us a Guest mode for PVP land

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiskers wrote: »
    So far, I have gotten 0 tickets from the event, and its unlikely I will get any.
    In PVE events, PVPs can get tickets without getting ganked, not so in PVP events. I ran across a few players in other factions who left me alone. We didn't fight, we just ran the other direction. There was a group of Ebonheart players though that would hunt me down. To that group I say, 10v1, I'm sure your parents are proud...
    Anyways, a guest mode would be nice where players could visit those zones do quests and be immune from player damage, while at the same time be unable to cause player damage.

Pick up a scouting report in a campaign where your alliance has a good control of the map->ride to the loacation->sneak->complete the scout report while sneaked )takes 10 sec)->go back to base (if the scout report is in an enemy resource you can wipe at the npc guards for a fast recall to base). It's that easy.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    It's a PvP event.

If you don't want to go into a PvP zone then you don't get tickets, it's that easy. If you go into a busy campaign and get PvP'd, well, that's what happens when you don't go into one of the empty campaigns.

PvErs have more than enough events for the rest of the year get all the tickets you'll need, nevermind the fact you don't even have to do PvP to get any of the tickets in this event.

That is a very bad attitude that is harming the game.

Their attitude is not ruining the game. They are correct in pointing out that this is one event per half year that is PvP and all the rest are not PvP at all.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To save some riding time, you could try taking the scouting quest in a campaign in which your alliance doesn't really exist on the map. With some luck, you get a mission that doesn't require too much riding when you change to a map with better map control by your alliance.

I used to go on a suicide mission against enemy guards to teleport back to base, too, but recently I changed this to going to and fro between a campaign and the Imperial City. Both methods work.
  • roqueforty
    roqueforty
    ✭✭✭
    If i wanted to play PVP, i would have played PVP, but the game forces me to do it, and gankers make it impossible to play this mode to finish quests that i must finish just to get event tickets. I come to this game to relax and have a good time, not to stress over a single quest [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 5:01PM
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a PvP event.

If you don't want to go into a PvP zone then you don't get tickets, it's that easy. If you go into a busy campaign and get PvP'd, well, that's what happens when you don't go into one of the empty campaigns.

PvErs have more than enough events for the rest of the year get all the tickets you'll need, nevermind the fact you don't even have to do PvP to get any of the tickets in this event.

There are less PvE events, than what you make it look. ESO birthday isn't PvE events, you are rewarded for PvP and PvE activity equally.
    Zenithatŕ events wasn't PvE events either.

PvE events is undaunted event and PvE zone events. Event like Wrothgar+Craglorn/IC is half PvE/half PvP. So, yes, there is more PvE events than PvP, but not so more.
    If we take difference in population, some would say that ratio is in favor of PvP.

However, main goal of this events is to save PvP by forcing new blood there. It is reason, why OP wishes cannot be fulfilled. It would denie why the event exist. It is also reason, why ratio is in favor of PvP.
    Only in case of IC I would like them not to push it so hard. IC is cesspool, which many PvPers hate as well.
  • Hvíthákarl
    Hvíthákarl
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why y'all complain about having to do PvE on other events as if ZoS couldn't work on adding PvP ways to get the tickets & rewards for those events. It isn't cake, we all can get fun
    Besides you ignore the fact that dedicated PvP builds literally oneshot ppl out of nowhere, with no real chance for victims to fight back or even flee, which is *extremely* frustrating, way more than doing a rando daily quest or Fungal Grotto I once or twice a day lol. But I get it, some ppl really dislike any form of PvE content. That's why I'll always advocate for adding PvP alternatives as well

I recommend y'all to check this video which has a lot of insightful points regarding this issue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ewlcUrIUb0
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who, these days, rarely does PvP (for various reasons; one-shot builds, extreme lag meaning you can't barswap for a full six seconds, etc.): No.

PvPers only get this one event per year, everything else is PvE. You can just skip the tickets. Or you can buy the tickets. If you care enough to collect absolutely everything, then just do the easiest board quests. It's only ~2 weeks. You don't have to do any real PvP for this event if you plan ahead by completing multiple quests across various characters prior to the event and then turn them in once the event starts day by day. Actively participating in PvP is absolutely not required for the event.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way to get tickets - Cyrodill random group. There are always LFG grps in cyro running.

And battlegrounds. YMMV, if you get grouped with PVP-ers you win. If not - que again.

IC is the worst option. You are free meat. Like a sick gazelle passing by pack of lions and expecting lions to ignore you.
  • Aquelarre
    Aquelarre
    Guest mode to view someone POV until you respawn or be able to it. Can be used as tool to learn 🧐
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be glad that getting tickets doesn't require you to actually PvP.
    Imagine if a PvP event required you to actually kill other players.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a PvP event.

That is a very bad attitude that is harming the game.

You can get the tickets in the Birthday Event just by using the item for that event, for example. You do the activities to get the other bonuses.

This event used to allow running the Dungeon for IC credit, but it does not now as far as I know.

The tickets are not tied to PvP items, so the argument that you have to repeatedly get ganked is not a strong one.

You may be able to get the Arena quest just staying on the tower in IC, but that is a very boring way to play, if it even works properly for you.

Doing a scouting mission is VERY risky unless you happen to get a map where your faction controls most of the map. Running across the zone(s) can be very dangerous with so many other players in them.

I have yet to see a solid argument for why tickets require the action there when other events do not have that requirement. (Some do, but the method of getting the ticket is usually much simpler in that case.)

How is that harmful? It is what it is. Do a PvP related objective for your tickets (which by the way can be easily done without killing a single player). Dumb suggestions like the OP suggested are probably way more harmful then people like you realise. These "we need pve cyro/IC" threads are becoming tiresome.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roqueforty wrote: »
    If i wanted to play PVP, i would have played PVP, but the game forces me to do it, and gankers make it impossible to play this mode to finish quests that i must finish just to get event tickets. I come to this game to relax and have a good time, not to stress over a single quest [snip]

No one forces you to play PVP but yourself. ZOS doesn't log you into cyro and not allow you to leave without playing.

If you feel so negatively about pvp. DON'T PLAY IT. No one is forcing you to do anything on this game. If you wanted to sit and fish all day you can.

But absolutely no one forces you to engage in this event. [snip]

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 5:01PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you dont want to PVP then dont PVP...

the rewards are rubbish anyway so its not like you are missing out on anything.
  • Geldauran
    Geldauran
    ✭✭✭
    PvP needs these types of events to keep it active and get more players to do them and prevent it from truly dying. I'm surprised they don't do it often, but making Cyrodiil free was a smart move
    Edited by Geldauran on July 31, 2022 4:24PM
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. No. No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit asking for it. It ain't going to happen. If you put as much effort into these begging threads as you do getting tickets, you would have your tickets.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, I have gotten 0 tickets from the event, and its unlikely I will get any.
    In PVE events, PVPs can get tickets without getting ganked, not so in PVP events. I ran across a few players in other factions who left me alone. We didn't fight, we just ran the other direction. There was a group of Ebonheart players though that would hunt me down. To that group I say, 10v1, I'm sure your parents are proud...
    Anyways, a guest mode would be nice where players could visit those zones do quests and be immune from player damage, while at the same time be unable to cause player damage.

Go to the very low populated servers. There are villages (pve with zero flags) by every faction. Do 1 pve quest and you will have your 2 tickets.

IC, run around 1 zone, again, in the lowest populated server and port out.
  • correctamundo
    correctamundo
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand how you can fail at getting tickets for this event. A village daily in cyro takes practically no effort and just a little time. The risk of getting "ganked" is almost zero. The same goes for IC dailies. In here you may get killed a couple of times usually but it is in reality a mere minor inconveniance. You will have your 12 citizens rescued in the arena district in five minutes tops. All without having to be pvper (I'm not).

Less forum crying and more taking it to the Daedra if you ask me.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand how you can fail at getting tickets for this event. A village daily in cyro takes practically no effort and just a little time. The risk of getting "ganked" is almost zero. The same goes for IC dailies. In here you may get killed a couple of times usually but it is in reality a mere minor inconveniance. You will have your 12 citizens rescued in the arena district in five minutes tops. All without having to be pvper (I'm not).

Less forum crying and more taking it to the Daedra if you ask me.

As I've said before, there are thousands of comments on this forum (because they're left by multiple helpful people every single time every single one of these threads come up every single MYM - including myself! But I'm no to the point where I just think "What is the point? People are just going to complain and ignore my efforts") that explain the easiest way for PvErs who don't want to PvP to get their tickets - and it is VERY easy - and every single time people would much rather complain about the one event a year that's not 100% catered to them instead of getting out there and getting their tickets pain free.

It genuinely makes me sad that if people don't want to do PvP (which they don't have to for this event), if they don't want to go into a PvP zone, they instead make complaining threads on the forum wildly accusing every PvPer of being a ganker or a sociopath (yes, there's been that accusation) just out for their PvE blood because apparently camping a quest site for some PvEr to maybe turn up is more fun than a three way alliance fight to take/defend a keep with 100 people there (sure, 70 of them might be a red zerg) instead of accepting not everything is for them and sit this one out.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    join ic with low player ammounts and after killing npcs go in to stealth or use invisibility potion.

It's not too bad, i was on the highest player cp server and did all missions.

outside of this event i have gone to imperial city and players there didn't kill me always, sometimes they just looked at me and went away.
    maybe i am ugly idk... haha
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 31, 2022 10:49PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do scouting mission on unpopulated campaign, I see a lot of empty campaign, get in scout, get out, too easy.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes when I read some messages on this forum, I feel like we need new terms that accomodate the definitions for "reward" and "game". At this point I'm wondering when there gonna be threads asking for tickets for getting out of bed.
    PC/EU
  • sup
    sup
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny to imagine good PVP players sitting at quest turn in spots to net 25 telvar from some newb. People have wild imaginations. You can easily get every ticket from this event with minimal PVP and getting killed doesn't matter at all, just respawn and finish your quest.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the issue, Cyrodil especially during the event and bonus campaigns its trivial. Do an town quest in an campaign your faction owns the map.
    An other option is to find an campaign there your alliance don't hold any keeps get an good scouting mission and go to an campaign there your faction own the map port in and do it.
    Save that for an day you can not play much however.
    I have farmed all the skyshards in Cyrodil on multiple alts and only gotten killed once in an delve by an enemy.

Now IC is harder, if smart do missions at off hours preferable before the event and do it like an sneak mission. Port to Cyrodil to get out or simply die.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every year, without fail, PvEers do their best to remove, modify, or otherwise transform the only event we get despite having a year’s worth of events for PvE.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...right after they give us a PvP option for every PvE event....just to be fair.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can generally do a scouting report with a very low chance of even seeing another player. That will be good for 2 tickets a day at least.

This is what I do. I would genuinely prefer to get a root canal than deal with IC, so I'm glad Cyrodiil is the 2 ticket choice.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    That’s funny. Cyrodil tourist visa. I’d buy one.

You'd get ripped off by local tourist traps...Night-blades selling fake tickets or over inflated prices to White-Gold Tower
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No guest mode please. That would waste population slots for those who want to PVP. Instead use the no-CP campaigns for Cyrodiil and IC. Check your gear and switch out the proc sets because most of them will not work in no-CP.

List of sets
    https://deltiasgaming.com/gear-sets-that-work-in-no-cp-cyrodiil-campaigns/
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned this to one of my comments in another thread. Twitch streams offer the perfect guest mode. You can watch other players participate in the content, get none of the rewards, and don't have to go into the PVP zone to do so.

Basically, you shouldn't be able to take up a slot in a queued in instance, and get the rewards from that instance, without participating in that instance.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every pvp event we see threads asking for pvp areas to not be pvp so pvers can farm tickets.

I don't see that happening.

But the bigger issue is the exaggeration to some of the problems. I pvp plenty, but I don't do it around the events, half the time any event is a separate task for me and I'm just getting my tickets or boxes. I'm with you, I just want to get my tasks done (like earning my tickets) and then do whatever else in game or out. So I can tell you, being able to earn zero tickets after several days isn't realistic. I've gotten my tickets from cryo and IC every day and only gotten into three fights total and two of them I started b/c it was a pvper trying to troll pvers at a town.

Go to IC, go up to like arena or arborteum districts, pick up the quest by the door. Jump down and kill the monsters the quest tells you to. If you get killed, spawn, jump down and keep doing it until you finish. Unless you have a few players or group literally trolling an area (which can happen) you can get a quest done and turn it in for tickets. You don't have to take districts or kill bosses to earn the tickets, you can just do those easy quests at each alliance area - the two districts I mentioned above are just the two I think are easy b/c it doesn't send you all over the place, just have to kill stuff and can move around to accomplish the goals to avoid others.

Same for Cyrodiil - just port to a town, usually a faction will own a town or two in a campaign, and since there are several campaigns you can hop to others until you see a town you can port to. Pick up the quest in the town, go do the random task they ask, turn in for tickets. Sometimes you will get ganked - respawn at town and keep going. Sometimes you will come across some trolls trying to farm pvers at a town, you can go elsewhere if it's bad and even port to another campaign and finish the quest. You don't have to do any of the boards at the front gate if you don't want to (sometimes even the scouting report can be a pain), the town quests will give the tickets as well.

Now if you want to farm boxes after you get your tickets, in either IC or Cyro, you can, but of course they more you hang around and farm, the more likely you are to run into pvp. And if you wanna farm drops of the style from IC bosses, of course you are more likely to run into enemies that way, but you don't have to if you just want your tickets.

My point is, I get why pvpers trolling pvers is annoying. They aren't doing it for the 'good fight' or for the rewards (refarming the same people over and over doesn't give you much AP or anything else) - they do it b/c they are literally the type that just have fun trolling. (that's why every time they get in a real fight they run away unless they have overwhelming numbers) It's frustrating, so I agree with you there, but you lose me when you try and make it sound so bad that you can't get a quest done in each area to at least get your tickets.

Edit: wanted to add - if you do your quests in those areas and it seems pretty dead pvp wise, then do one for the next day as well and don't turn it in. That way you can just show up and turn it in for tickets tomorrow and be done. Then you can either do a quest again for the next day and hold it or come back later if it looks too pvp crazy for you.
    Edited by xaraan on August 1, 2022 5:39PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC