The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

It is not hard to earn tickets for Whitestrake

Jarl_Ironheart
Jarl_Ironheart
✭✭✭✭✭
Let me first say I am a mainly PVE player. I play this game for the story and usually run around overland solo just collecting ingredients or helping other players. I do play PVP every now and then, a bit more so the past few months, but mainly PVE.

For the life of me I cannot understand all the complaining about Whitestrake Mayhem. Earning tickets is very easy. Go to cyrodiil, do a scouting mission which takes like 10 minutes if you stay off rhe main road and sneak when need to earn 2 tickets then go to Imperial City and do the super easy daily to get your last ticket. Takes you like a total of 30 minutes. I think everyone is so spoiled on how easy the other events are that they expect to be handed tickets instead of actually putting a tiny bit of time and work.

I get that some people don't like PvP, I do but saying things like there needs to be a PVE way of getting tickets for one of the only PVP events is ridiculous. We get like 10 events that basically throw stuff at you for just showing up. I'm a solo player and I went in last night and got like 8 boxes and all my tickets. It is honestly not hard. So please, stop complaining and either play the event or skip this one.

PS. This event is named for pelinal whitestrake who spent his entire life fighting a war in Cyrodiil. So lorewise making a PVE version makes no sense there too.
Edited by Jarl_Ironheart on July 30, 2022 2:47PM
Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a case of getting the tickets itself. It's the case of the number of gankers that like to farm other players trying to get their tickets. It's also a case of those that hate pvp in general are forced to get tickets from this event. Admittedly this year feels a bit easier and more fun to get tickets then previously but I still get why folk want a pure non pvp alternative. Even getting Skyshards is almost impossible unless you get a good group together and unlock the gates.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    It's not a case of getting the tickets itself. It's the case of the number of gankers that like to farm other players trying to get their tickets. It's also a case of those that hate pvp in general are forced to get tickets from this event. Admittedly this year feels a bit easier and more fun to get tickets then previously but I still get why folk want a pure non pvp alternative. Even getting Skyshards is almost impossible unless you get a good group together and unlock the gates.

The bit about Skyshards is entirely intentional. Cyrodiil is a faction-based Realm v Realm PVP gamemode. It shouldn't be surprising that there are some achievements that require having cooperation from your faction to get. In this case, you need other players to help capture at least two keeps and fight their way through the gates, usually as part of capturing a scroll for the campaign score.

There are a lot of options to get event tickets. Some are very easy with a group of allies. Some are very easy if you prepare for PVP. If I'm running solo, my PVE Dark Brotherhood/Thief characters are really good options for Cyrodiil town and IC questing. There's low population campaigns and Scouting quests for when you don't want to bother with the towns.

As for tickets, Events as a whole are a case of "You have to do ALL the content if you want ALL the rewards." If you don't like the content that's on offer during the event, you either do it anyway, skip the rewards, or buy tickets from the Crown Store.

Not only does the final option mean that ZOS is unlikely to ever offer a PVE-only option during the event celebrating PVP zones, but it's also true that an awful lot of PvEers are willing to casually pop into PVP zones for event tickets, and they prove it three times a year.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankers is an issue the first day or two then the focus shifts to farming AP.
    One tricks is to go to an campaign where your alliance is very weak to get an scouting quest close to your home base, then go to an campaign there your faction is dominating to just being able to port to it then save it up for rainy days.
    Else just to town quests.

IC is a bit harder, I find the rescue people in Arena to be fast, the killing flame atronaut and collecting documents are also very fast. Now some of the IC quests does not require fighting so its nice to do on an stealth build. port to cyrodil to leave.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a magblade is handy since you can just permacloak if you see people nearby.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got chars in every alliance,so I can goto anyone that is high pop,and be safer,doing quests in Chorrol or Cheydinal are faster and less gankers,cause no banners to draw em.If AD,hope ou get a campaign where they own most the map,or hope cropsford and vlastarus are owned by your faction.IC quests,just do arena,and stay on tower til others complete rescues,or kill the dremora guarding prisoners from top,no pvp really needed,and fast cause lots are doing it.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, as a pve'r I have no problem getting tickets, and for the most part people have left me alone, but just now for example me (AD yellow) and a Daggerfall were working together in IC taking down a boss, but a stupid red came in and killed me right before the boss' health was out. That sucked. You couldn't have waited until I could get the boss at least.

Xbox X- NA
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not forced though. It's a optional event and you do not even have to PVP to get the tickets. You can have zero player vs player to get what you need. The boxes yes you need to earn AP but that's not really worth it. Gankers are a constant problem for all players, not just PVE but that's why you join low populated campaigns and just stay off the roads or markers where they congregate.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't need any more repair kits.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    Yeah, as a pve'r I have no problem getting tickets, and for the most part people have left me alone, but just now for example me (AD yellow) and a Daggerfall were working together in IC taking down a boss, but a stupid red came in and killed me right before the boss' health was out. That sucked. You couldn't have waited until I could get the boss at least.

Man I had happen yesterday. A group of us Pact members were fighting a boss and ignoring other faction players but there was like 2 or 3 covenant and dominion that kept trying to fight us while we ignored them. They ended up killing me with a bomb build before the boss died and I got no credit. People who do that must just have nothing better to do or REALLY need some Tel Var.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't need any more repair kits.

You need more. Don't you like to me.

Seriously though. Why did they dilute the reward pool with that basically worthless group repair kit.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, that earning 2 tickets in Cyrodiil is easy on scouting mission. You can highly decrease chance to meet anybody and majority of players ignore lonely riders.

Earning ticket in IC is different matter. It is designed in way, that PvEers can be easily ganked.
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    Crouching/Sneaking your way clear across the map while avoiding roads takes way more than 10 minutes.
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodil dailies aren't bad it's the ones in ic that suck. I die...a lot...I just go early am and collect a few and turn them in once a day.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I agree, that earning 2 tickets in Cyrodiil is easy on scouting mission. You can highly decrease chance to meet anybody and majority of players ignore lonely riders.

Earning ticket in IC is different matter. It is designed in way, that PvEers can be easily ganked.

It's certainly designed in a way to promote conflict, which is a reasonably goal in a zone that was designed for PvPvE combat and that you initially had to fight your way through Cyrodiil to access it.

If you've got a stealth build like a Dark Brotherhood/Thief, the Memorial District might be the easiest since you can basically size up the area ahead of time and pick your fights.

I generally go rushing in on a squishy speed build so I can sprint through most of the mobs, and when I die to a sneeze, I rez up and try again.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earning tickets is very easy. Go to cyrodiil, do a scouting mission which takes like 10 minutes if you stay off rhe main road and sneak when need to earn 2 tickets then go to Imperial City and do the super easy daily to get your last ticket.

As far as doing the scouting mission in Cyrodiil is concerned, you might not even need to sneak; in many cases you can just ride around on your mount and, unless you're riding past a keep that's under attack, you might not even see another player. This is especially true if you pick a less-populated campaign, which is almost a necessity because the regular campaigns are so filled with the dedicated PvPers that there are long queues to get into them. Last night I literally rode around Cyrodiil in a huge clockwise loop for nearly an hour, looking for Jewelry seams to harvest for the endeavor, and didn't see another soul the whole time. I even rode past the EP gates and the keeps guarding the AD gates.

With regard to doing a scouting mission, I'd like to suggest that players who want to avoid getting anywhere near a keep or its resources consider doing a Fighters Guild bounty mission instead. There are four possible missions-- kill 10 Goblins, kill 10 Black Daggers, kill 10 Shadowed Path, or kill 10 Gray Vipers-- at least, those are the ones offered by the Fighters Guild NPC in the DC base. There are a number of locations around Cyrodiil where these 4 types of enemies can be found, many of them in the wilderness areas away from any keep or its resources, so you can usually avoid getting anywhere near a PvP hotspot. If you have no clue where to find those 4 types of enemies, the UESPwiki should be helpful for finding where to go looking.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    Just a tip for people that want to get both done fast;

Go to IC and open the map to the districts. If its owned by other factions you can simply port directly to Cyrodiil and pick up your scouting mission. While in Cyrodiil, if you don't like the distance you have to ride you can pick a different IC campaign and port directly to it. Look at the map again and see if any districts are owned by you faction.

Repeat these steps until you find the easy one. Sometimes in Cyrodill campaigns the map is mostly owned by your faction so you just port to the Keep and do your report. Also remember that you don't have to ride back to your base, when your done port to IC. Even in IC, when your done with your daily just port to Cyrodiil.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »

I encountered several lone Daggerfall players in IC when AD had the entire map. I just rode past them. I guess when both parties are there for the tix more than the tel var it works out.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    My other account is Still under level 15 and earning 3 tickets a day. Kinda wish these 'gankers' would come kill me after questing so I can respawn faster :'(
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the life of me I cannot understand all the complaining about Whitestrake Mayhem. Earning tickets is very easy. Go to cyrodiil, do a scouting mission which takes like 10 minutes if you stay off rhe main road and sneak when need to earn 2 tickets then go to Imperial City and do the super easy daily to get your last ticket. Takes you like a total of 30 minutes. I think everyone is so spoiled on how easy the other events are that they expect to be handed tickets instead of actually putting a tiny bit of time and work.

I am not sure I agree with the time. The scouting missions tend to not be right next door. It could take 30 minutes just to get there and back.

Of course, getting back is easy if you can find someone that will kill you after you complete the report. Otherwise, you are stuck with hoofing it.

If you are lucky, the IC entrance will be on the way back from the report.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shihp00 wrote: »
    My other account is Still under level 15 and earning 3 tickets a day. Kinda wish these 'gankers' would come kill me after questing so I can respawn faster :'(

The good old "deathport"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I am not sure I agree with the time. The scouting missions tend to not be right next door. It could take 30 minutes just to get there and back.

Of course, getting back is easy if you can find someone that will kill you after you complete the report. Otherwise, you are stuck with hoofing it.

A good trick for gaming Scouting missions uses the way the new spun up campaigns tend to he one faction dominated.

The Scouting Mission will try to send you to an enemy resource, so if you queue up on a campaign where your faction owns everything, you'll be riding a long way. But if you queue into a campaign where your faction is being beaten, you can usually get a scouting quest for a resource nearby your home keeps. Then you queue back up on the campaign where your faction owns that keep, and you've got an easier transit and ride out there.

I wouldn't try it with the main campaign's queues, but the new campaigns are usually sparsely populated enough for a quick transition.

Also /stuck will get you back to your base (once an hour) or you can just queue for an IC campaign or a different Cyrodiil campaign and then leave from the base there.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 30, 2022 11:51PM
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sPark101 wrote: »
    Crouching/Sneaking your way clear across the map while avoiding roads takes way more than 10 minutes.

I said sneaking when you need too. I didn't say I sneak across the map. You ride most of it and sneak when you are at risk
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Easiest way back:

(1) Queue for Cyrodiil.

(2) Do a scouting mission (or bounty mission, etc.) but don't turn it in.

(3) Instead of traveling back to base, queue for Imperial City.

(4) Do a district daily but don't turn it in.

(5) Queue for Cyrodiil and turn in your mission.

(6) Queue for Imperial City and turn in your mission.

(7) Leave through the Exit door in your sewer base.

(8) Ta-da! You're back in PvE land wherever you were before you queued for Cyrodiil.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me first say I am a mainly PVE player. I play this game for the story and usually run around overland solo just collecting ingredients or helping other players. I do play PVP every now and then, a bit more so the past few months, but mainly PVE.

I get that some people don't like PvP, I do but saying things like there needs to be a PVE way of getting tickets for one of the only PVP events is ridiculous. We get like 10 events that basically throw stuff at you for just showing up. I'm a solo player and I went in last night and got like 8 boxes and all my tickets. It is honestly not hard. So please, stop complaining and either play the event or skip this one.

PS. This event is named for pelinal whitestrake who spent his entire life fighting a war in Cyrodiil. So lorewise making a PVE version makes no sense there too.

until an opposing faction is literally spawn camping the entry point of the areas in IC, had to try a couple different campaigns because EP was camping the arena district safe zone for AD in 2 campaigns.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2022 3:41PM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't need to "get a good group together and unlock the gates". I never PvP'd when I got the Cyro scroll gate shyshards on any of my toons. All you need is for someone else to have opened the gates, and it doesn't even need to be your own alliance. As long as the keep closest to the gate and the next one out aren't the colour of the alliance whose corner of the map it is, the gate will be open.

Set a campaign as your home campaign and turn on AvA notifications and make a note of the 4 scroll temple names you need the skyshards from behind, do whatever PvE you usually do in the meantime, then when the gate is open you'll get a notification flash up on your screen and you'll be able to book it to Cyro and get the skyshards.

Alternately, this most wonderful time of the year is a great time for it. It was MYM when I got them on my first ever toon I got them on, and I went into each of the campaigns to check what the gates statuses were by looking at who owned the keeps at the gates. Good news! It wasn't the alliance who controlled that corner of the map!

Skyshards: obtained.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arato wrote: »

until an opposing faction is literally spawn camping the entry point of the areas in IC, had to try a couple different campaigns because EP was camping the arena district safe zone for AD in 2 campaigns.

[snip]

Then go do one of the other quests if there are losers camping spawn points, because they'll all be in the Arena and not the other districts. They're all simple quests. The one I usually do is the Arboretum one (collect documents/kill 5 daedroth/atros).

Then once you're done so you don't need to go back through the sewers either die and bloodport back, or hide (because then you'll be completely invisible to anyone from a different alliance) and queue for Cyrodiil. Then you can go get those tickets, once done go back inot IC and be where you need to be to turn in the quest.

Note, the Arboretum also has a neutral zone you can queue to Cyro from without having to worry about being attacked, it's the Ruined Archive door I think? It's near AD spawn point for that district.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2022 3:42PM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also just as a tip, if you don't: make your camera third person and pull the FOV all the way out. Having some idea what's going on around you is a good thing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »

[snip]

Getting really tired of the sociopath thing. Its not appropriate to insult players who are playing as ZOS intends in a PVP-enabled zone where everyone who's there willingly queued up for a PVP-enabled zone.

While ZOS thus far allows players to complete the Arena District daily from the platform, it's not actually a safe spot for you to pew-pew down at the enemy. You can be shot up there, just like you can shoot down. I mean, you can't expect ZOS to allow me to sit up there and snipe enemy players with them having no way to retaliate, right? Even the NPCs can hit back. I've had the ogrim by the EP tower pelt me in the face with a big rock before. Funny how the Devs don't let us just sit up there and attack stuff from complete safety.

Now, there IS an actual safe spot up there. It's over the trapdoor in the silenced area where you cannot be hit or hit other players. Or NPCs, so you'll have to depend on proximity to the players who are killing the daedra nearby to finish your quest. Boring and slow, but 100% safe.

It's almost certainly not the intended way for players to do the daily, but hey, ZOS knows about it and hasn't done anything about it. So go for it if that's your cup of tea.

Or, you know, you could get off the tower and run around killing NPCs to do the quest. Then you've got a fair shot at fighting back against other players. Or one of the other quests. You are not a helpless player trapped up there on the platform - unless that's how you choose to play.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2022 3:43PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ^ If we want the tickets, we have to do the work. The events don't have to cater to every playstyle every time. If zos ever does a housing event and someone hates housing, they'll skip it, and so on... They already made it pretty easy on us by attaching tickets to all Cyro/IC dailies, so someone can just do the scouting in a campaign where their alliance controls most of the map, and one of the easy district dailies and call it a day if they want the tickets. This kind of complaining really veers on the entitled side for the playerbase, the events do give a lot of cosmetic goodies for minimal effort, if someone doesn't want to put even minimal effort in, then they won't get the rewards, it's not complicated, and it's not the end of the world.
  • roqueforty
    roqueforty
    ✭✭✭
    I was killed 5 times today in IC, tryng to finish a damnable quest. 5 times...

Ask me again, why i don't want to play PVP, yet i'm forced to.