The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

It is not hard to earn tickets for Whitestrake

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

For the life of me I cannot understand all the complaining about Whitestrake Mayhem. Earning tickets is very easy. Go to cyrodiil, do a scouting mission which takes like 10 minutes if you stay off rhe main road and sneak when need to earn 2 tickets then go to Imperial City and do the super easy daily to get your last ticket. Takes you like a total of 30 minutes. I think everyone is so spoiled on how easy the other events are that they expect to be handed tickets instead of actually putting a tiny bit of time and work.

I get that some people don't like PvP, I do but saying things like there needs to be a PVE way of getting tickets for one of the only PVP events is ridiculous. We get like 10 events that basically throw stuff at you for just showing up. I'm a solo player and I went in last night and got like 8 boxes and all my tickets. It is honestly not hard. So please, stop complaining and either play the event or skip this one.

This ^ If we want the tickets, we have to do the work. The events don't have to cater to every playstyle every time. If zos ever does a housing event and someone hates housing, they'll skip it, and so on... They already made it pretty easy on us by attaching tickets to all Cyro/IC dailies, so someone can just do the scouting in a campaign where their alliance controls most of the map, and one of the easy district dailies and call it a day if they want the tickets. This kind of complaining really veers on the entitled side for the playerbase, the events do give a lot of cosmetic goodies for minimal effort, if someone doesn't want to put even minimal effort in, then they won't get the rewards, it's not complicated, and it's not the end of the world.

It's wildly entitled considering every other event in the game caters specifically to PvErs. AND this event allows you to get all 3 tickets without having to even think about killing other players.

Can you imagine if the bounty boards were the only way to get tickets? Hoooboy, people making complaints about the current event really don't know how good they have it.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roqueforty wrote: »
    I was killed 5 times today in IC, tryng to finish a damnable quest. 5 times...

Ask me again, why i don't want to play PVP, yet i'm forced to.
    No one is forced to play PvP.

If you plan ahead, you can do quests (as in complete the objectives and leave the quests active) across multiple characters in both IC and Cyrodiil prior to an event and during otherwise low-population periods, then turn the quests in one by one day by day. The event isn't long and you never actually need to fight another player (or even see another player) if you think ahead and plan for it.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly designed in a way to promote conflict, which is a reasonably goal in a zone that was designed for PvPvE combat and that you initially had to fight your way through Cyrodiil to access it.

If you've got a stealth build like a Dark Brotherhood/Thief, the Memorial District might be the easiest since you can basically size up the area ahead of time and pick your fights.

I generally go rushing in on a squishy speed build so I can sprint through most of the mobs, and when I die to a sneeze, I rez up and try again.

Go gank or go home isn't solution, it is problem of IC. That IC promote conflict isn't problem there. Fact that doing quest in IC setup you to be ganked is problem. Majority of quests need you to do some animation, during which you cannot defend yourself and ganks know it well and wait there.
    I forgot, which district need to kill only some daedra to fullfil quest. I was coming there, but it was still uniteresting, so I prefer spending time in Cyrodiil only this days of PvP events .
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PVP, but I get my tickets regardless, Scouting report for Cyro, and Arena District for IC.

Arena is easy, or a royal pia depending on what class I'm using, also which platform I'm playing on, I have a much much easier time on Xbox, as opposed to PC.

I'm just doing the bare minimum this event, other than the House Dufort Helm, which I acquired with tickets, nothing really interests me, so once I hit 12, I'm done until High Isle event.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back-and-forth and baiting from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    It's certainly designed in a way to promote conflict, which is a reasonably goal in a zone that was designed for PvPvE combat and that you initially had to fight your way through Cyrodiil to access it.

If you've got a stealth build like a Dark Brotherhood/Thief, the Memorial District might be the easiest since you can basically size up the area ahead of time and pick your fights.

I generally go rushing in on a squishy speed build so I can sprint through most of the mobs, and when I die to a sneeze, I rez up and try again.

Go gank or go home isn't solution, it is problem of IC. That IC promote conflict isn't problem there. Fact that doing quest in IC setup you to be ganked is problem. Majority of quests need you to do some animation, during which you cannot defend yourself and ganks know it well and wait there.
    I forgot, which district need to kill only some daedra to fullfil quest. I was coming there, but it was still uniteresting, so I prefer spending time in Cyrodiil only this days of PvP events .

I was not meaning that you should "go gank or go home." I was trying (though in hindsight it wasn't clear) to suggest PVE builds that can make easier to do the quests. That's my fault. If you aren't familiar with the Memorial district quests, it's a series of small fights with the option to pick which group of NPCs you fight. Having a stealth build like what PVEers use for DB/TG content can let you sneak around and keep an eye out for gankers before you engage the NPCs. In the same way, my speedy PVE Craglorn nirncrux farmer dies if a PVPer sneezes in her direction, but she's able to quickly reposition and go to the next quest objective if there's a ganker sitting on one of them.

And while I agree that a number of quests have set locations that make it easier for a ganker to set up shop on a quest spot, I disagree with your assesment on a couple of levels.

1. As far as ZOS is concerned, this is a feature, not a bug. One of the core principles of a PvPvE zone is that you want players to come into conflict with each other, and this accomplishes that design. They certainly don't mind it, since they require IC dailies for event tickets three times a year.

2. You can in fact defend yourself from ganks while doing quests/animations but it requires being proactive. Go in there with a high HP build, impenetrable trait gear, throw on your buffs and a pre-heal HOT, use a detection effect if you want to get fancy, and altogether make it obvious that you are a tough target prepared for a fight if someone ganks you. It works even if you aren't in fact tough - it's not like the ganker knows if you are a PVEer just there for the tickets.

I can't speak to what you do in Imperial City, but a lot of complaints I hear come from players who don't prepare for PVP and run up to quest locations like it's safe PVE, and then are shocked and appalled when someone kills them. I keep sharing methods to help PVEers in hopes that some of them read and maybe have an easier time in the future.

That being said, I'm with you on the Cyrodiil only thing. I prefer Cyrodiil PVP myself. But while I keep asking ZOS to go back to the old method of giving us all the event tickets from any PVP daily, they keep not doing it. So I assume they really, really want us to keep doing the IC dailies three times a year.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Of course, getting back is easy if you can find someone that will kill you after you complete the report. Otherwise, you are stuck with hoofing it.
    The Cyrodiil scout quests take you within spitting distance of an enemy-controlled resource. Just poke the guards and let them kill you after you are done with it, then respawn at whatever home base has the board to deliver the quest to.
    Although I prefer to go poke the guards at the front door of whatever keep the resource is tied to, so someone else might get some free AP out of the blue from my blood port.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Of course, getting back is easy if you can find someone that will kill you after you complete the report. Otherwise, you are stuck with hoofing it.
    The Cyrodiil scout quests take you within spitting distance of an enemy-controlled resource. Just poke the guards and let them kill you after you are done with it, then respawn at whatever home base has the board to deliver the quest to.
    Although I prefer to go poke the guards at the front door of whatever keep the resource is tied to, so someone else might get some free AP out of the blue from my blood port.

Haha you're better than me, I'll hassle NPCs for a bloodport before I let another player take my delicious AP (or tel var in IC)!

That said, there have been a few times I've run up to players to be killed, sheathed my weapon (because I'm not there to fight) and the other players have just looked at me and run off like "Nah, I'm good." :D

Another tip for the people who don't like to PvP - if you crouch in a PvP zone, you're effectively invisible to players of another alliance unless they get close to you, or are using certain skills/pots (which still require them to be within a certain range of you). I crouch whenever I do the scouting report, and even though you stand up, you're still invisible. It's the same if you're fishing in IC or Cyro, crouch and you'll be invisible when you stand up.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    It's not a case of getting the tickets itself. It's the case of the number of gankers that like to farm other players trying to get their tickets. It's also a case of those that hate pvp in general are forced to get tickets from this event. Admittedly this year feels a bit easier and more fun to get tickets then previously but I still get why folk want a pure non pvp alternative. Even getting Skyshards is almost impossible unless you get a good group together and unlock the gates.

i did all ic missions today, oh man, i was going to a mission area and the same ganker killed me 2x he was just there waiting.
    there were gankers on roofs too, just waiting.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    It's not a case of getting the tickets itself. It's the case of the number of gankers that like to farm other players trying to get their tickets. It's also a case of those that hate pvp in general are forced to get tickets from this event. Admittedly this year feels a bit easier and more fun to get tickets then previously but I still get why folk want a pure non pvp alternative. Even getting Skyshards is almost impossible unless you get a good group together and unlock the gates.

Every 6 months its the same story "the gankers will farm us". I do this event solo and hardly ever encounter PvP and I go into the more populated servers. For 4 or so years now I've been able to go in and get things done with minimal interaction with PvPers and rarely encounter what I would classify as a ganker. To the point that I can count on 1 hand the amount of actual gankers I have ran into. Theres no way you are going into Cyrodiil and not putting yourself in harms way if you are encountering gankers farming you. Cheydinhal is a short ride from Farragut. Waynon Priory and Chorrol are short rides from Fort Rayles. These are often quiet even with the event going and other alliance players running around them as most people only go there for the quests. Its off the beaten path for most PvPers and too intermittent in activity for actual gankers looking for kills (most of them prefer bombing zergs entering keeps over the off chance of catching a PvEer turning in a quest a half day ride from the actual action) to be bothered with it.

IC is the only place that you might have trouble with completing the dailies due to proximity and limited avenues of travel through the districts. But you can still complete quests for Nobles and Elven in short order and simply port to a Cyrodiil campaign to avoid the long run back to the base. Nobles on an EP character will net you all 8 Legion Soldier kills within a few meters of the spawn point as well as 1 trap. 2 other traps are tucked away off of the main path in the district with a 3rd being near the main circuit on the outside but can still be done rather quickly as it takes about 1.5 seconds to plant the trap. Quickly dipping into a building for the port out is simple and easy.

I do both Cyrodiil and IC in less than 30 minutes and I do it by myself and with near zero contact with other players of opposing alliances. The only reason I can think people are being farmed in this event is because they are intentionally going into heavily contested areas like Bruma and Cropsford or they are hanging out in areas so long that inevitably someone passing through comes along and notices the easy kill. Get in and get out. The drops from this event isnt worth the grinding anyway.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on July 31, 2022 11:31PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope too easy.

I am aiming for the power ranger armor only.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I posted this in another thread for one person. Here is me figuring out how to get IC tickets completely naked on a busy enemy occupied server, without any preparations or prior thinking about how I should attempt it. Unedited first attempt, so it includes some rather embarrassing moments. You can skip to second half where technique is more or less clear: Drop down from nearby district, leash mobs, run around freeing citizens.

Only gets easier if you use any of the tools available in game (sneak, invis pots, stage 4 vamp, reveals, actual damage to kill mobs).
    So what if you die a couple of times? Respawns are quick.

https://youtu.be/__wtvQCIJo0