Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Oakensoul future

lordchopfb16_ESO
lordchopfb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I am not currently playing ESO but occasionally check up what is going on. The mythic mentioned in the title intrigued me and got me a little exited to maybe give ESO another try. Ofc that all got dampened after i found out that Oakensoul soon will be "balanced"

After some forum browsing and YT vids i got the impression that Oakensoul is/was a very contentious item in both PvP and PvE which made me curious...

PvE
From my understanding you will do more damage with a 2 bar setup anyway so are there any other problems like unintended interactions that would necessitate adjustments? Or is there a perception that the "lazy" players should have to work a bit harder for decent dps?

PvP

I could always equip the meta build on any of my characters but that would not automatically made me steamroll cyro. Does the ring make veterean players to powerful or newbies with little game knowledge able to compete on a high level? Does the ring break the meta as in "the best tank builds must have Oakensoul", "the best gank builds must have oakensoul" ?

As with every written word intent is often misunderstood and i would like to stress that this is not a troll post but me curious about the one thing that might or might not make me spend some more time in ESO. I have no problem with minmaxing gameplay but i really enjoy QoL when i just don't feel to try hard and do some grinding or casual rounds in cyro/bgs hence my interest in the mythic.

cheers

• Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say nerf the rest of the major buffs to minor, add Expodition and be done with it.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    This ring no has future. It was only inserted to increase interest in the High Isle chapter, probably they already knowing that Oakensoul would be nerfed later.
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    Patro wrote: »
    This ring no has future. It was only inserted to increase interest in the High Isle chapter, probably they already knowing that Oakensoul would be nerfed later.

True: The only time true balance is achieved is when no class is fun to play
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used and tested on veteran Maelstrom. Never again since I don't have means to survive and restore magicka when tied to just one bar. At least it made me rethink my abilities and CP stars for better PVE gameplay.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Used and tested on veteran Maelstrom. Never again since I don't have means to survive and restore magicka when tied to just one bar. At least it made me rethink my abilities and CP stars for better PVE gameplay.

Losing one entire bar (AKA 6 skill slots) is fair in order to get those buffs. Yet how people still whine about it, despite every nerf it got, is beyond me.

Remember, this ring is meant to help people by making things simplier and the game enjoyable in a competitive way. Two-bar builds are stronger and those people will never me able to achieve full power, but they can still enjoy ESO.

Seriously, stop asking for nerfs. At this point it is getting old and extremely stupid.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on September 15, 2022 10:21PM
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried oakensoul in U34 and in U35 and it’s still a strong mythic so I’m personally not sure what the issue here is.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a fine mythic for overland content or if you're at the lower end of mid-tier gameplay. It's not worth it for anyone else, though. You can get better DPS out of the Sea Serpent's Coil than oakensoul now, since you aren't locked to one-bar. But even then, my one-bar warden doesn't use Oakensoul since it does more damage without it. I wasn't even aiming to make a one-bar warden, it just ended up happening, and it does more damage without the one-bar mythic. That's not right, so I won't ever use that mythic again. No reason to have a one-bar mythic item when you can do a better one-bar build without it. Imo, it got nerfed too hard to be useful to anyone that is playing any kind of difficult content. Which is too bad for people that have disabilities.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakensoul works very well in overland exp grind / leveling companions, and can be used in normal dungeons, unlike pale order ring. For me its a useful mythic.
  • lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    Oakensoul is great in high MMR battlegrounds
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    It's still fun to play and hits hard on my 1 bar PvP Magsorc in Greyhost PC/NA campaign!
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP

I could always equip the meta build on any of my characters but that would not automatically made me steamroll cyro. Does the ring make veterean players to powerful or newbies with little game knowledge able to compete on a high level? Does the ring break the meta as in "the best tank builds must have Oakensoul", "the best gank builds must have oakensoul" ?

As with every written word intent is often misunderstood and i would like to stress that this is not a troll post but me curious about the one thing that might or might not make me spend some more time in ESO. I have no problem with minmaxing gameplay but i really enjoy QoL when i just don't feel to try hard and do some grinding or casual rounds in cyro/bgs hence my interest in the mythic.

cheers

It did yes. It's still good though and if you like a utility mythic this still does that well imo.