Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

CYRODIIL ETIQUETTE

• afkpro
    afkpro
    ✭✭
    never apologize. there's no etiquette in pvp games other than don't troll your own team...and even that's not followed lol.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afkpro wrote: »
    never apologize. there's no etiquette in pvp games other than don't troll your own team...and even that's not followed lol.

This is what I meant by players are proving how far general consideration and respect for other people has declined in recent years. "Never apologize", really? When a person is wrong or behaves badly they absolutely SHOULD apologize.

I guess I was just raised to believe things like respect, consideration and honor are assets, not ideals to be shunned and shamed.

Don't forget the golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself". It's pretty basic. Just be nice and don't treat people how you know you don't want to be treated yourself. There absolutely IS etiquette in all things....or at least there should be.

The guild I run with bans people for the types of behavior people are making excuses for in this thread, and that's how it should be.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on July 31, 2022 5:02PM
  • afkpro
    afkpro
    ✭✭

This is what I meant by players are proving how far general consideration and respect for other people has declined in recent years. "Never apologize", really? When a person is wrong or behaves badly they absolutely SHOULD apologize.

I guess I was just raised to believe things like respect, consideration and honor are assets, not ideals to be shunned and shamed.

[snip] Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself. It's pretty basic. Just be nice and don't treat people how you know you don't want to be treated yourself. There absolutely IS etiquette in all things....or at least there should be.

lmao!! it's a video game. lighten up. glad zos agrees.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2022 4:13PM
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »

I am curious if you think I was in the wrong or was he just exaggerating? I'm asking because I've done it before and if it really is bad to do then I'll stop. I don't want to do anything that offends people. Is this similar to tbags?

The only thing that is tbagging is tbagging or push-ups.

Fact of the matter is, any ganker who bothers to rage whisper are the tbagging sort themselves, and would have given you a toxic round of whispers and emotes if they had killed you, so don't bother with replying to them at all. Just a waste of your time.

Next time shovel. Any ganker who fails a gank deserves the shovel.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I just realized I was replying to the wrong person. Ignore this message. In fact, don't even read it. Stop reading, really. There is nothing important here. Are you still reading? Okay fine.. here is something.

I honestly think ...I'm joking I have nothing more to add to this. Thanks for all the feedback!
    Edited by DaisyRay on July 31, 2022 3:48PM
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    You survived, it’s something to be proud of. Nightblades need to kill from stealth, or within the next 3 seconds after failing. So I’d say GJ.
    Now, you DID have a player save your bacon, so, you can do a happy dance, just not on the guys corpse.
    Now, if you had made the kill, sure, do happy dance. Again. Not on corpse.
    It’s when they come back a second time and die a second time trying, that’s when you dance on their corpse.

I’ve done a few stupids in my time in Cyro, generally running back to tango (and die again) at spots where I’ve gotten killed, usually by 3-5 players vs lonesome me, got teabagged too, whatever makes them happy I guess.

I just prefer running my stealthy nightblade bow build around, soloing mills and farms, moving on when captured.

That said, I’ve never won in cyro, but in duels? Done a few good runs in those.
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭

If this were just you playing against the computer like in Skyrim, you'd be correct. But when the other characters on the screen are played by real people, it's not simply a video game any more. It's a community of people, and there should always be etiquette within a community.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    You survived, it’s something to be proud of. Nightblades need to kill from stealth, or within the next 3 seconds after failing. So I’d say GJ.
    Now, you DID have a player save your bacon, so, you can do a happy dance, just not on the guys corpse.
    Now, if you had made the kill, sure, do happy dance. Again. Not on corpse.
    It’s when they come back a second time and die a second time trying, that’s when you dance on their corpse.

I’ve done a few stupids in my time in Cyro, generally running back to tango (and die again) at spots where I’ve gotten killed, usually by 3-5 players vs lonesome me, got teabagged too, whatever makes them happy I guess.

I just prefer running my stealthy nightblade bow build around, soloing mills and farms, moving on when captured.

That said, I’ve never won in cyro, but in duels? Done a few good runs in those.

I don't do it anymore now. It seemed harmless to me and I wouldn't be bothered if someone did it to me, but after reading the views of others I see how it can be taken. Also, I recognize that you can't tell people how to react to your actions. I have killed some nbs before on my healer, but that's mostly because nbs don't run a lot of defenses and my healer uses brokensoul.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lunaslide wrote: »

If this were just you playing against the computer like in Skyrim, you'd be correct. But when the other characters on the screen are played by real people, it's not simply a video game any more. It's a community of people, and there should always be etiquette within a community.

Exactly. A person either believes in being honorable and respectful or they don't. They don't make exceptions for video games or any other activity.

Like I said earlier in this thread, the guild I run with bans people for the types of behavior some in this thread are making excuses for, and that's how it should be.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on August 1, 2022 4:25PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since the new update and quickslot "wheels", i've been updating all my toons...

this is my standard emote quickslot wheel at the moment:
    hello
    thank you
    spread out
    guffaw/slap knee and laugh
    play flute
    dance redguard
    whispering claw kuta/cat contemplation/play dead/drinking from chalice
    pop the cork/celebration

i'll mix it up and throw some other stuff in...i like the ones that allow you to "sort of" interact with their bodies (like treasure hunter)...

if a nightblade fails trying to gank me, or, if there's anyone i feel is "targeting" me during a large melee - oh, you can best be sure i'm gonna stay around their body...i will literally pop a health draught (it has immoveable in it) just for the opportunity to do some laughing and dancing over their corpse...

it's amazing - i've been taunting dead corpses with my emotes for years and years...no one has ever seemed to mind...

i love it when someone who i spent a bunch of effort on entertaining while they lay there dead, finds me shortly thereafter dead myself - and starts working through all their emotes over me...

if i'm feeling salty or see an ally t-bagging - i'll usually just park my mount over their bodies...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lunaslide wrote: »

It's a community of people, and there should always be etiquette within a community.

yeah, go for the big guys first :p
    giphy.gif

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fight, Win or Die. IC taught me to always have my head on a swivel. I don't usually gloat more than stopping for a second. On to the next thing. The more attention you pay to them, the more homage their ego receives.
    People can continue to bag me, repeatedly, all I hope is they get bombed for doing it lol. When I don't do it back, they either stop doing it to me - or they look kind of sad anyway after using a group vs one person. Conversely, I dislike when we zerg down a solo, but it might have to happen so they don't make a camp etc. I also dislike the troops bagging in that example. I let it go though, as it seems to boost morale for some or at least fuel the fire. I accept Vae Victis.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Fight, Win or Die. IC taught me to always have my head on a swivel. I don't usually gloat more than stopping for a second. On to the next thing. The more attention you pay to them, the more homage their ego receives.
    People can continue to bag me, repeatedly, all I hope is they get bombed for doing it lol. When I don't do it back, they either stop doing it to me - or they look kind of sad anyway after using a group vs one person. Conversely, I dislike when we zerg down a solo, but it might have to happen so they don't make a camp etc. I also dislike the troops bagging in that example. I let it go though, as it seems to boost morale for some or at least fuel the fire. I accept Vae Victis.

I was that way at first. Whenever my casual group went to IC, they would always chase down solo people. I would always say "Lets leave them alone, they're just questing." More than not, that one person they killed or tried to killed turned out to be a ganker and was picking off our weaker members. Which was often me at the time. I still don't like to zerg a single person, but I am not that vocal about it anymore. I've learned gankers will gank you even if you're not bothering them and zergs will zerg you even if you are trying to avoid them. No one is safe in IC. <.< I honestly kind of like it like that even if I get zerged down multiple times while trying to complete quests. It's actually funny to see how long I can outheal the zerg.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    I was that way at first. Whenever my casual group went to IC, they would always chase down solo people. I would always say "Lets leave them alone, they're just questing." More than not, that one person they killed or tried to killed turned out to be a ganker and was picking off our weaker members. Which was often me at the time. I still don't like to zerg a single person, but I am not that vocal about it anymore. I've learned gankers will gank you even if you're not bothering them and zergs will zerg you even if you are trying to avoid them. No one is safe in IC. <.< I honestly kind of like it like that even if I get zerged down multiple times while trying to complete quests. It's actually funny to see how long I can outheal the zerg.

No one is safe there, that is for sure :D . In IC, I don't start a fight; if I want to fight the person, I send a light attack first to let them know. If they respond, we engage; if not, I move along. If I get jumped by a larger number of people, I either try to escape or to bring at least one of them down... and maybe try to remember their name so I can jump them the next time I see them hahaha

In Cyrodiil, I usually stay where the big fights are, so it is fair to assume everyone there is in the game, and as I like to play the map, outnumbering is usually the way to raise your faction points.
    Edited by Oakenaxe on August 3, 2022 5:27PM
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look, now y'all got me wanting to go to hang out in the IC districts :)

i usually have the most fun when i keep very few tel-var on me, or, don't pay attention at all to how many stones i'm carrying...if i get past 5k or so i'll head back to base...

the different environments mixed in with npcs and enemies keep things pretty fun, especially when the place is full...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 3, 2022 6:37PM
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going to go back, now is the time! I love how lively it is during this event. I wish we had more PVP events to bring people out. I've been going to IC every since the event started and sometimes before. I do the quests, take some flags, join some groups, and then head into Cyro once the Q is done. I've been having a blast too. You should totally go hang out in IC while it's hot.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone else getting the kill and still doing a little dance seems a little odd.

If it was a good fight between two people then the victor doing a dance or t-bagging would be showing disrespect to the fallen player and to themselves as it was a good fight.

If it was a quick fight and you pawned the other player it is a waste of time to do anything. They are either new players or ones who never learned to play so it is really a no-joy situation.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My EP guild tried not to hit solo questers, but there was one time that zone chat called out that an AD guild was heading to Drakelowe. We started riding, and then Cropsford's flags started flipping yellow.

So we ride in, smash the one guy who's flipping the flag, and start looking for the raid he's a part of.

Slowly, it dawned on us that the raid wasn't there, and we'd probably just given that poor quester a real bad night. Sorry, dude!
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Someone else getting the kill and still doing a little dance seems a little odd.

If it was a good fight between two people then the victor doing a dance or t-bagging would be showing disrespect to the fallen player and to themselves as it was a good fight.

If it was a quick fight and you pawned the other player it is a waste of time to do anything. They are either new players or ones who never learned to play so it is really a no-joy situation.

I personally don't see tbagging or dancing as disrespectful, but I recognize that not everyone feels the same about it. Just yesterday I was in IC. It was a four man fight between me, another person in my faction, and two blues. The fight went on forever and no one could kill anyone. So we all just tbagged the ground as a sign of a good fight and a good opponent. We weren't being rude to each other or the ground, it was just our way of saying good fight. Then we all went our separate ways.

I don't tbag others though because I know people aren't of the same opinion as me and I don't want to offend them or risk getting banned. Well, with the exception of my friends. We're all goofballs, so I know they are fine with it. That's why I made this, I was curious if people saw dancing the same as tbagging so I know if I should avoid that too.