The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Siege weapons are incredibly underpowered.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaperGuy wrote: »
    I would be super happy to see sources of heal absorption buffed (soldier of anguish, traumatic poisons, borrowed time), to add more sources of heal absorption and to get the old major and minor defile values back for sure. As far as siege damage goes, I think it should be buffed. At least the anti-player damage. Make the weapons themselves lower health or something to compensate. Punish attackers and defenders for not having siege shields.

I would very much like to see this happen as well.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is amazing to me about this thread is that people are talking about how siege is under-powered and telling us about having oils and meatbags set up on breaches not doing enough to hold them, yet the only mention of scattershot is a suggestion it make people trip.
    Do people not realize that hitting someone with a scattershot puts a unique 20% damage taken debuff on them for 6 seconds? A debuff that stacks with other damage taken debuffs and applies to all sources of damage? A cold stone treb hit on someone with the scattershot debuff is 30K.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on September 3, 2022 5:54PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what is amazing to me about this thread is that people are talking about how siege is under-powered and telling us about having oils and meatbags set up on breaches not doing enough to hold them, yet the only mention of scattershot is a suggestion it make people trip.
    Do people not realize that hitting someone with a scattershot puts a unique 20% damage taken debuff on them for 6 seconds? A debuff that stacks with other damage taken debuffs and applies to all sources of damage? A cold stone treb hit on someone with the scattershot debuff is 30K.

This reminds me that we need a siege/AWA quickslot wheel :)
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use scatter often. But it could be improved. It's accuracy is terrible. And given the poor defensive design of many keeps it's nearly impossible to hit the ram from the wall. I think those two things keep people from using it as often as they should.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ninjagank wrote: »

I use scatter often. But it could be improved. It's accuracy is terrible. And given the poor defensive design of many keeps it's nearly impossible to hit the ram from the wall. I think those two things keep people from using it as often as they should.

True about hitting the ram with it but once that door comes down if there are meatbags, oils, and a few defenders on the breach keeping it covered in a scattershot turns the area into an absolute death trap by amplifying ALL that damage by 20%.
    That said I do agree healing, especially cross healing, is over tuned right now.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on September 3, 2022 9:02PM
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege shield is a massive reason ball groups get away with just standing around in oils and coldfire maybe reducing the effectiveness of the player mitigation to siege on this skill would help
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious what campaigns you're playing in, that you see siege as under-used? On PCNA Gray Host, anti-personnel siege of all kinds is VERY much used.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could buff siege damage vs other siege weapons. Sidestep the issue of healing and damage taken by players and see if they brought 20 ballistas each.
    Fear is the Mindkiller