The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whitestrake's Mayhem 101 - July 2022

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made this meme for another thread, then decided I liked it enough to include it as a helpful note for any PVEers who are worried about ganking. You can't guarantee that you won't get ganked, but you can make yourself look like a tough, alert opponent. Even if you know you're quaking in your boots, the ganker only sees your HP, your active buffs, and how alert you act.

Like this:
    6oazge.jpg
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really good guide that will hopefully reduce the worry some may have while trying to get involved with the event.

@ZOS_Kevin maybe this could be stickied? I think it will go a long way to improve the event for many.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Really good guide that will hopefully reduce the worry some may have while trying to get involved with the event.

@ZOS_Kevin maybe this could be stickied? I think it will go a long way to improve the event for many.

They included it in their guide article, actually!

Thanks for reminding me that I should link that here, too.

Community Guides: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62593

It's got lots of great build ideas for specific playstyles too, which is great because I'm not a theory crafter at all.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

They included it in their guide article, actually!

Thanks for reminding me that I should link that here, too.

Community Guides: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62593

It's got lots of great build ideas for specific playstyles too, which is great because I'm not a theory crafter at all.

Ah cool, that's good to see!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Yep! We included in the guide article for this go around. I believe we did pin the guide last WhiteStrake's Mayhem. But since it is in the community guide round up, we'll keep pinning the article for next Whitestrake's Mayhem.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano

Thank you for the time and effort involved in putting this guide together. This is a great beginner guide for anyone looking for information on getting involved in day to day PvP activities also. Can't thank you enough and I'll be referencing this to new players or new to PvP players in the future.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ymxzdbqp1a86.jpg
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50rll2b00t3v.jpg
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are more noob friendly. Even if you suck and die lots you will be rewarded. The non deathmatch modes are still pvp but more tactical then brutal

I suggest new people join up in battlegrounds

I haven't done a single battleground because I don't want to gimp my team.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ymxzdbqp1a86.jpg

And where the locations where your are most likely to get ganked and lose your stuff.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ymxzdbqp1a86.jpg

And where the locations where your are most likely to get ganked and lose your stuff.

Gankers tend to be built like glass cannons. They need to hide out in stealth for safety until they see an appropriate target, meaning someone who's low hp or distracted enough to be unlikely to fight back too hard.

Therefore, they tend to lurk in places where they know players are going to come. In Imperial City, that's nearby the spawn points and entrances, near the district flags, near the sewer center, near the bosses, and around specific quest locations. That's because they need their weak opponent to come to them or to be distracted for the best chance at a devastating first attack that kills the target and lets the ganker escape. The risk-reward of that playstyle is such that if they don't get the kill in the first burst, they risk dying and losing their stuff

So you might get ganked from behind while fighting a District Boss because that's a fantastic distraction. You might get ganked near an entrance because the ganker could sit there and pick who they wanted to fight. You might get ganked at a quest location for both reasons. I've had all those and more happen to me while questing in Imperial City, which is why I don't carry much Tel Var and just shrug, rez up, and try again by another route.(Except the times I forget to bank my Tel Var and promptly get a painful reminder to do so. :lol: )

If gankers are a big concern for you, I'd recommend either using stealth to hide from them as best you can (a PVE Thief/DB murderer type build should do fine) or build to make yourself look like a tough target. High HP, proactive buffs, proactive healing, and using Detect pots or skills will go a long way towards helping you avoid or survive the first burst attack of a ganker. It might feel weird for doing PVE-style questing and boss fighting, but it's better to be built like a PVE tank than a PVE DD in Imperial City when it comes to not being a ganker's first target.

Whatever your build, when you get hit by a ganker: break free, dodge roll, block, and heal - then you can think about fighting back once you've survived.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are more noob friendly. Even if you suck and die lots you will be rewarded. The non deathmatch modes are still pvp but more tactical then brutal

This event is a good time to give it a go, since there'll be other new players around. The dailies "Let the Games Begin" and "Test of Mettle" don't require winning, just persistence.

I was never particularly good at Battlegrounds myself, so I can't offer a ton of advice on how to get good. My best experiences were on healers as long as I stuck like glue to my teammates, an ice mage who CC'd and slowed the enemy for my teammates to finish off, and a gap-closing Stam Sorc who finished off the opponents my teammates weakened.

You might see a pattern - it's a team game. If you aren't sure what you are doing, stick to your teammates. There's strength in numbers and no shame in assisting the more experienced fighters! Good luck!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This event is a good time to give it a go, since there'll be other new players around. The dailies "Let the Games Begin" and "Test of Mettle" don't require winning, just persistence.

I was never particularly good at Battlegrounds myself, so I can't offer a ton of advice on how to get good. My best experiences were on healers as long as I stuck like glue to my teammates, an ice mage who CC'd and slowed the enemy for my teammates to finish off, and a gap-closing Stam Sorc who finished off the opponents my teammates weakened.

You might see a pattern - it's a team game. If you aren't sure what you are doing, stick to your teammates. There's strength in numbers and no shame in assisting the more experienced fighters! Good luck!

This is so true!

I don’t do BGs a lot, and haven’t much lately, but the one time my team stuck to my stamplar like glue I got the title for Battleground Butcher.

The rest of the time everyone is running around spread out and we lose.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    😶‍🌫️
    Edited by Call_of_Red_Mountain on August 3, 2022 11:40AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh the perils of drafting posts on old threads. Oops!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post