The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magblade needs hugs

spacefracking
spacefracking
✭✭✭✭
Still basically avoiding pve this patch as what is supposed to be the "assassin" class is the lowest single target parsing class in the game right now.

Thematically, and just generally absurd the damage differential considering top parses are hitting 30-40% higher right now single target.

And magblade is supposed to be an assassin :<

A backbar of aoe dots makes no sense as an assassin either. So many solutions.

Hugs 4 pve magblades 2022 campaign
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this now or after the U35 PTS patch that is currently curbstomping all classes except NB? lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    now, and after pts
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we end all this talk about "assassin this" and "paladin that"? It's getting stale. Every class should be given the tools to excel in every role and be able to be played in several playstyles. Not just what the "theme" of the class is. If someone wants a Nightblade to be a brawler without cloak or utilizing stealth, then it should be possible.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we end all this talk about "assassin this" and "paladin that"? It's getting stale. Every class should be given the tools to excel in every role and be able to be played in several playstyles. Not just what the "theme" of the class is. If someone wants a Nightblade to be a brawler without cloak or utilizing stealth, then it should be possible.

They're saying mag NB pve DPS is the worst out of all the classes. That's the point of this thread, not talking about assassins or paladins. Every class should be able to do decent DPS with both magicka and stamina, and in almost every case, now as hybrid as well. NB is basically only ok as a stamina dps. That's the point. Not talking about how classes should be or how open ended they should be, no one is arguing that a class should be this or that. Though Nightblade as a class, its tool kit is definitely assassin oriented just like how templar is paladin oriented.
    Edited by merpins on July 22, 2022 8:48PM
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭

They're saying mag NB pve DPS is the worst out of all the classes. That's the point of this thread, not talking about assassins or paladins. Every class should be able to do decent DPS with both magicka and stamina, and in almost every case, now as hybrid as well. NB is basically only ok as a stamina dps. That's the point. Not talking about how classes should be or how open ended they should be, no one is arguing that a class should be this or that. Though Nightblade as a class, its tool kit is definitely assassin oriented just like how templar is paladin oriented.

Yep, exactly. It is the worst. And the idea that it is thematically supposed to be a damage dealer just compounds how ridiculous that is.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all, swallow soul needs a damage boost. If you have to lower the healing slightly, then fine, but the ability literally just deals damage and heals so it's not like its overtuned.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this now or after the U35 PTS patch that is currently curbstomping all classes except NB? lol

That's like saying Sorc got heaps of buffs, you know, an extra 2k heal to dark conversion, minor protection for bound aegis, minor endurance to empowered ward, twilight got cost reduction and attronach got a massive 30% AoE buff.

Which are all true.

The issue is that Magblade is the worst class in the game whilst stamblade are pretty good and they are NOT the same.

Ranged Magblade got the biggest nerfs this patch with heavy attacks from stealth being nerfed to the point where they're literally useless. We also got a 10% speed loss to concealed weapon, our back bar getaway slot.

Marked target now costs magicka, so, the destro debuff is now better than the class morph because who on earth wants a heal after a kill?

Magblades need some serious love.

Swallow soul sucks. You can run wretched vitality, slot silver bolts and have contingently 28% more damage to your spammable. How stupid is that? Even Crushing shock does more damage when you factor in status effects and the armor bypass, not to mention it's 20% cheaper which is massive.

Cloak doesn't work many times but it still costs nearly 4k and we really on it for our resolve buffs but when it doesn't fire not only are you a sitting duck, you're a sitting duck with no armor buff and 4k less magicka to defend yourself.

It's so far from fair on the weakest class. There's a reason only us masochist run magblade in PVP.

All 3 of us.

Just roll a Temp or Dk and railstomp the comp
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭

It's so far from fair on the weakest class. There's a reason only us masochist run magblade in PVP.

All 3 of us.

It's completely ridiculous. Patch after patch for at least a year now. And I expect little to change this update.

Rebalancing is fine, but leaving a class dropping like a stone for so long is pure negligence.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭

All 3 of us.

It's completely ridiculous. Patch after patch for at least a year now. And I expect little to change this update.

Rebalancing is fine, but leaving a class dropping like a stone for so long is pure negligence.

I'm done. Deleted my characters. Gave away all my stuff.

I spent 8 years learning to play Magblade and now it's literally unplayable unless you tank or gank and that's not right at all.

If you don't get damage from heavy attacks then a spammable from stealth ain't killing anybody and you can't even use Caluurions now because heavy attacks are the proc so your burst combo is cut in half.

I'm done. I don't need balance but nerf after nerf for the last 5 years is enough.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No we can't.

If every class should be able to excel in every role what is even the point of classes?

The "theme" of a class defines the class. If you want to be a brawler you go DK. If you want to be a healer you go Templar. If you want ranged DPS and crowd control, or pets, you go sorcerer. If you want to be a stealth DPS you go nightblade. Etc. Etc.

That's how MMORPGs work.
    Edited by Holycannoli on July 25, 2022 3:28PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldnt disagree more. Maybe I am old school. I am all for all classes being able to perform all roles reasonably well, but class identity is important to me. Some classes should be better at some stuff and worse at others.

NB is in a horrible spot right now in PVE. The DPS is laughably bad, especially considering it probably has the least forgiving rotation of any class. They make good bombers in PVP, and they are decent farmers in PVE. That's about it.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still basically avoiding pve this patch as what is supposed to be the "assassin" class is the lowest single target parsing class in the game right now.

Thematically, and just generally absurd the damage differential considering top parses are hitting 30-40% higher right now single target.

And magblade is supposed to be an assassin :<

A backbar of aoe dots makes no sense as an assassin either. So many solutions.

Hugs 4 pve magblades 2022 campaign

They never wanted a nightblade in this game.

They should have started with the necro instead.

They made me fall in love with the nightblade, then gutted it, threw its innard in my face and forced me to watch it gasp for breath to this very day.
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    stealth DPS you go nightblade.

Yeah, the DPS is so negligible so nightblades are "stealth DPS" lol

"Nightblades are spellcasters who use their magics to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat."
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AndreNoir wrote: »
    stealth DPS you go nightblade.

Yeah, the DPS is so negligible so nightblades are "stealth DPS" lol

"Nightblades are spellcasters who use their magics to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat."

It used to not be so negligible.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God someone else said it cause I've been saying it for months. On top of what has been pointed out they nerfed twisting path too which was one of the few viable dots they had. I main magblade and I am so saddened by how bad it has been treated in every patch. I wasn't around for elswyer but I read the patch notes and holy Moses. They think sorcerer got bombed this patch? If you haven't read the elswyer patch notes just take an peek, you will feel lucky for maining a sorcerer even after this patch....
  • starkidsc
    starkidsc
    Soul Shriven
    [snip]

Sorry, I don't post much on here but came to check on why these changes are going in and I guess this is the place DEVs get feedback.?

[snip] Not one person I know in-game who is at least 400 CP is complaining about magblade being weak on Xbox NA if anything they are super strong with great healing. IN PVP with twisted path near unkillable. With Crazy burst. Heck, my buddy ran his PVE sets in PVP and was wiping kids.

Would you like some build tips maybe I can ask him for you??

I'd like to hear the set combos you're running [snip] and maybe we can help out?? Are the sets all blue or white?? With no Glyphs?

When was the last time MagSorc got some love? most of the sets MAgsocs use got nerfed and most of the skills and still no good spammable

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2022 6:16PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh. One of my guild mates runs a meta build, golded out for her magblade and has a near perfect rotation, I've watched the footage. The most she has parsed is 95k. As a late game player. It is nowhere near on par with Necro, sorc, or templar who easily pull 100k and have some of the absolute highest parses highest parses at the meta. The rotation with bow is very hard to master relative to other classes for bow proc. You miss one or two light attacks and it takes a huge chunk out of your dps. On top of that light attacks, ranged builds, and twisting path are also being nerfed. Most of their dots are also not that great to begin with, again, relative to other classes which means you end up incorporating way more off class skills which in turn means you do not get the class buffs on those. So yeah, magblades needs some love. Stamblade is ok, magblade is in bad shape.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on July 27, 2022 8:55PM
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    starkidsc wrote: »
    [snip] Not one person I know in-game who is at least 400 CP is complaining about magblade being weak on Xbox NA if anything they are super strong with great healing.

snip

Would you like some build tips maybe I can ask him for you??

I'm not sure who you play with on Xbox, but this is common knowledge. look at the leaderboards.

please don't come into threads pulling rank on people or whatever this is, but since we're there already I might as well do the same
    , I have 290 played days on my magblade, all challengers, many trifectas, most hm trial clears (not craglorn, but I have those too lol), grand overlord, 44k achievement points (pre-combined).

so as to your offer of "build advice", I'd have to say "no". I have all of the viable sets. with golded out jewelry. the data speaks for itself, and the end game community also speaks. if you would like build advice though, I'd be happy to assist.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2022 6:18PM
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruh. One of my guild mates runs a meta build, golded out for her magblade and has a near perfect rotation, I've watched the footage. The most she has parsed is 95k. As a late game player. It is nowhere near on par with Necro, sorc, or templar who easily pull 100k and have some of the absolute highest parses highest parses at the meta. The rotation with bow is very hard to master relative to other classes for bow proc. You miss one or two light attacks and it takes a huge chunk out of your dps. On top of that light attacks, ranged builds, and twisting path are also being nerfed. Most of their dots are also not that great to begin with, again, relative to other classes which means you end up incorporating way more off class skills which in turn means you do not get the class buffs on those. So yeah, magblades needs some love. Stamblade is ok, magblade is in bad shape.

yeah, I got my 100k parse this patch and was like "whelp" time to find other things to do in this game. fun to run 4 mans still at least, but my dps often lags a bit with some of the cracked classes this patch
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you were a templar, Necro, or sorcerer on live you would be pulling 130k. They are behind. Period. They got nerfed in elswyer harder then sorcerer did in this patch by a wide margin. Numbers do not lie.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Per Friday's announcement, magblade is getting hugs!!!!!

<3

Thank you everyone who has participated in my threads on the topic over these months.

I am so happy now :blush:
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's hope these are not crushing hugs and that we don't get tough love instead of real love... 😳
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if you were a templar, Necro, or sorcerer on live you would be pulling 130k. They are behind. Period. They got nerfed in elswyer harder then sorcerer did in this patch by a wide margin. Numbers do not lie.

This thread is about magblade specifically, so you should address other sub-classes as well.
    Magsorc is in the same hell as magblade is. Everybody who run magsorc and want to do some DPS went stamsorc. So you can go stamblade, or address magsorc and stamsorc as different cause.

Magden then is in wors shape then magsorc and magblade and yet, it is magblade who has spamms of such thread about like it need buf. [snip] Then it was DK, now it is necro. I

I think, that magblade can survive some time without be best DPS. Especially in time, when all magicka classes are nerfed, so we are forced to go farming Coral set instead Bahsei.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2022 6:19PM
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭

Let's hope these are not crushing hugs and that we don't get tough love instead of real love... 😳

They're going to be super big happy <3 hugs. The hug-train is unstoppable and will annihilate all negativity in its path
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

<3

Thank you everyone who has participated in my threads on the topic over these months.

I am so happy now :blush:

About those hugs...
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    When I play my mNB I can't get out of feeling that the class isn't considering by devs as a "mage" class at all: all spammable, execute, ults, even passives are better as a stamina but still with access to all meaningful buffs from magicka side.
    What enrage me the most on upcoming changes: for make concealed weapon works mNB HAVE to use cloak at the time sNB can just slot surprise and get full potential of it on any panel and with or without invisibility. And I'm not even talking about changes to assassin's blade, since mNB has A LOT of options to choose from magicka-based executes, right?
    Edited by AndreNoir on August 8, 2022 6:20PM
  • Palumtra
    Palumtra
    ✭✭✭
    AndreNoir wrote: »
    When I play my mNB I can't get out of feeling that the class isn't considering by devs as a "mage" class at all: all spammable, execute, ults, even passives are better as a stamina but still with access to all meaningful buffs from magicka side.
    What enrage me the most on upcoming changes: for make concealed weapon works mNB HAVE to use cloak at the time sNB can just slot surprise and get full potential of it on any panel and with or without invisibility. And I'm not even talking about changes to assassin's blade, since mNB has A LOT of options to choose from magicka-based executes, right?

well at least they "buffed" Impale too hahaha x'D
    <grabs COPIUM inhaler>
    PCEU - Tank main
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    I think to fix magblades they need to rework some of the class abilities. They need more attacks to hit multiple enemies since I do not think there is any other way to make single target valuable now that hybridization is now in the game.

Some ideas is to make swallow soul hit multiple targets and also the merciless resolve should hit multiple targets (similar to acid spray) The damage may need to be lowered a bit but at least there will be a morph that hits multiple targets and one that hits single target.
    nb_rich
  • lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    nb_rich wrote: »
    I think to fix magblades they need to rework some of the class abilities. They need more attacks to hit multiple enemies since I do not think there is any other way to make single target valuable now that hybridization is now in the game.

Some ideas is to make swallow soul hit multiple targets and also the merciless resolve should hit multiple targets (similar to acid spray) The damage may need to be lowered a bit but at least there will be a morph that hits multiple targets and one that hits single target.

These are awful changes and ruin any semblance of MagBlade’s already struggling identity
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is... not good for pve magblade... at all. People were already running around cyrodiil 1 shotting with magblades.

I don't understand </3 :'(

I can't even believe this. Stamcros *still* parsing 123k this patch, and magblade went down even further...

Idk how much more tales of tribute and overland I can play until I go find a new game.
    Edited by spacefracking on August 10, 2022 2:52AM