Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you consider Azura morally good ??

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pitiful mortal, you seek to know the mind of a daedric prince?
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    She is mostly morally Good
    Vampires are the minions of Molag Bal. Azura's task then is quite benevolent to unchain them from his torment and eternal suffering. In death they shall no doubt be reunited with the mother of the Rose at a place of honor in my queens realm of Moonshadow.
    Edited by faeeichenlaub on November 23, 2022 1:24AM
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    She is morally Gray (does some good and some bad)
    Vampires are the minions of Molag Bal. Azura's task then is quite benevolent to unchain them from his torment and eternal suffering. In death they shall no doubt be reunited with the mother of the Rose at a place of honor in my queens realm of Moonshadow.

Great for her. However a little tiny bit of protection for the minions she sends on her 'benevolent" errand would be nice. Benevolent, even. Or, how about, if she can't/won't protect them from being infected, she lets them know there is a cure for vampirism? You know, so they don't have to cave in a mine to protect others from themselves? That wasn't a favorite quest for me. I actually felt bad about it; go serve Azura and your final reward will be becoming a vampire, getting killed by her latest minion sent to do her cleanup work, and having your body looted and left in the hole you died in, instead of buried properly. Oh yeah, she will put a candle on her shrine for you, but never mentions if it will burn forever or she'll only remember you as long as it takes the candle to burn out....
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    No god is moral. They are all self-interested and self-invested.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is morally Gray (does some good and some bad)
    Mascen wrote: »
    I consider her good enough because when you think about it, the divines hands off approach can be considered moral negligence past a certain point.

From what I understand, the divines “hands off” approach is not intentional, they were once as powerful as any daedric prince.
    When they helped create Nirn they were essentially tricked into giving up some of their power in the process.
    They are not hands off because they want to be, it’s just that their power is severely limited.

Edit: “Perhaps coincidentally, the eight Aedra Alessia chose are those Aedra said to have been most active in the creation of the world. When the et'ada realized what Lorkhan had done, and how their divinity was being drained to create Nirn, most of them objected or withdrew. The eight Aedra that make up the divines, however, willingly gave of themselves to complete the act of creation, and are therefore seen as benevolent, in contrast to the more aloof merish deities.”

If they willingly gave up there power or were tricked into it, I think, is up for debate.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Nine_Divines
    Edited by BlueRaven on November 28, 2022 6:27PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Lore section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is mostly morally Bad
    Has poor Darien not taught us anything!?

NEVER trust a Daedric Prince! None of ‘em!
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    Azura represents the energies and passions of the heart.
    As most will know, these energies are powerful and can be highly chaotic.
    The nature of existence itself creates the highly charged and polarized interplays of resonance, harmony, and opposition that are reflected on emotional levels.
    Azura could be viewed as a primal manifestation of those energies.

Azurah to the Khajiit is the reason that the Khajiit are.
    She once held a much more prominent place in Khajiiti civilization and society.
    Over time though, so much was forgotten and lost.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure
    Morality is a spook, and daedra are immune to spooks.
    PC/EU
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    If morality were a social construct and she socially constructed society, she’d be pretty good! 😅 I guess in her role as a Daedric prince and being influential to the mortal world, she is mostly good because her actions are correct in her eyes

“Every villain is a hero to their own journey, funny that.” — That Cheese Hater
    Edited by moleculardrugs on December 23, 2022 7:20PM