Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.5 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Update 35: New Druid Motif Y'ffre Will from Earthen Root Enclave, should be used by High Isle Druids

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
General feedback: The new motif from the Earthen Root Enclave dungeon, Y’ffres Will (used by the Deeproot Zeal, Rage of Ursauk, and Stone's Accord sets), should be used for all Druids that already exist in the previously but recently released content, High Isle.

Currently, Druids use a mix of Black Fin Legion, Reachmen, Ashlander, and Glenmoril Wyrd style as this new style did not exist yet. Druids are their own Breton sub-culture and should be using their new motif.

P.S. please also use unique color schemes for the different circles for their motifs, to help differentiate them.

Edit:

To assist the devs, the Stonelore Circle druids can be found here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Stonelore_Circle
Most of what are Eldertide Circle Druids can be found listed here: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Special:WhatLinksHere/Online:Eldertide_Circle&limit=500

Druid in new motif in the dungeon
gnr1mk18b805.png
  • KingArthasMenethil
    KingArthasMenethil
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the Druids of High Isle do need their styles updated to the new one.
    EU 2000+ CP
    Characters
    Gaius Sulla 50 Cyrodiil DragonKnight.
    Livia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Nightblade.
    Divayth-Fyr 50 Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Ragnar Shatter-Shield 50 Nord Dragonknight.
    Selvia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Templar.
    Attrebus Mede 50 Cyrodiil Warden.
    Zirath Urivith 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
    Dame Edwinna Gelas 50 Breton Dragonknight.
    Agrippina Tharn 50 Cyrodiil Necromancer.
    Bedal Dren 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. This was retroactively done for the base game Dro-m'Athra so there is precedent to update the look of certain npcs as our style options grow and change.
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • Proventus
    Proventus
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with this, would be a lot more immersive and lore-friendly.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the Druids of High Isle do need their styles updated to the new one.

fr tho, there is precedence in the past for updating
  • Tyrvarion
    Tyrvarion
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Druids should have their own unique motifs, rather than reuse outfits that were used earlier for a myriad of various races and cultures.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No update with the next hotfix, hopefully they consider it
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I was quite disappointed when I immediately recognized the slighty altered "Blackfin Legion" and "Ashlander" motif styles on the druids. I couldn't wrap my head around why this decision was made.

Seeing the new "Y'ffres Will" motif on the stonelore druids in Earthen root Enclave made me hope that the actual druid motif just wasn't finished on release and will now be displayed instead of the Blackfin-Ashlander combo.
    But apparently not. Visual storytelling and recognizing factions by their amour and body markings is highly appreciated by many players for many reasons but most importantly for the immersion.

The captain of the Systres guardians and the two dead knights of the ascended order (we encounter those during the mainquest in a small cave) shouldn't be wearing "Silver Rose". And the druids should be wearing "Y'ffres Will".

...by the way, the Anequina troops that we can encounter in Northern Elsweyr shortly before the dragon lands right on top of them are still wearing the "Wormcult" motif. And I'm wondering if this change was even intentional or not. Happened during the release phase of Greymoor and never changed back to their original "Anequina" motif.

-> https://postimg.cc/gallery/8pLFygC

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 5, 2022 6:50PM
  • kynesgrove
    kynesgrove
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I was quite disappointed when I immediately recognized the slighty altered "Blackfin Legion" and "Ashlander" motif styles on the druids. I couldn't wrap my head around why this decision was made.

Seeing the new "Y'ffres Will" motif on the stonelore druids in Earthen root Enclave made me hope that the actual druid motif just wasn't finished on release and will now be displayed instead of the Blackfin-Ashlander combo.
    But apparently not. Visual storytelling and recognizing factions by their amour and body markings is highly appreciated by many players for many reasons but most importantly for the immersion.

The captain of the Systres guardians and the two dead knights of the ascended order (we encounter those during the mainquest in a small cave) shouldn't be wearing "Silver Rose". And the druids should be wearing "Y'ffres Will".

...by the way, the Anequina troops that we can encounter in Northern Elsweyr shortly before the dragon lands right on top of them are still wearing the "Wormcult" motif. And I'm wondering if this change was even intentional or not. Happened during the release phase of Greymoor and never changed back to their original "Anequina" motif.

-> https://postimg.cc/gallery/8pLFygC

[edited for thread bumping]

I'm going to bump this, because I also feel this is very important immersion wise. Personally, I like playing ESO in sponge-like manner, so every detail adds to whatever story is being told, and often it is in fact important to note these environment details if someone is even slightly invested in the grander world-building. Seeing certain things, like faction designation not being too carefully considered, is a bit of a let down.

I also understand and empathise with the value game developers and environment artists get from reusing assets in smart and resource efficient ways, but I don't like the idea that this is what they decided to shortcut through. Maybe Yffre's Will wasn't implementable yet at the time, but I think an update on faction armours would be very much appreciated.

It's one thing running around and thinking "The Gleaners have silver Arkthzand armour? Maybe they raided some obscure Dwemer vault" and well, the problem already outlined. Especially if the motif style books and pages try to not only add to the lore but tries to explain the aesthetic, no matter how mundane.

Black Fin Legion and Stonelore are just a little too close that it is kind of uncanny. Not enough of the style was changed since most people don't look up close at the emblems but the general silhouette and decoration placement so to speak.
    So even if the Argonian bits were altered, it still reads "Black Fin Legion x Ashlander".

In any case,
    TL:DR: My point is super redundant, thread is bumped because I agree.
    "The shrine is breathtaking, sitting upon a rise and dominated by many standing stones carved with holy runes. The place truly seems to have been kissed by Kyne's icy breath."
    - Urig the Wanderer
  • Ovrkyl
    Ovrkyl
    Soul Shriven
    I want the style worn by Druid Audrine. Is it available for players yet?
    q1ecrv6a9nf9.jpg
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep skirt is Ashlanders style and torso is Black Fin Legion.