Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning Crown Crates system touch-up

Damien2424
Damien2424
✭✭
With the ever-increasing types of Crown Crates the chance to get your hands on something from a past Crown Crate is getting slimmer and slimmer.
I'm sure many of you have experienced the feeling when you really want something from a past crate, but you just can't buy it. For example I really want to acquire the 'Fisherfolk Work Wear' costume from the Ayelid Crates. Although the Ayleid Crate isn't a really "old" crate, it wasn't present in the Crown Store for more than a year (as per UESP). I wonder when it will be available again, 1 month? 3 month? A year? Nobody can tell.
Instead of the current "one type of crate per month" system, my idea is to have a weekly rotation with random Crown Crates which were not present in the Crown Store for the last 3-6 months. This would make them more available, while also keeping them somewhat exlclusive, with one type of crate being present 2 or 3 times a year.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 10, 2022 6:35PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. And they should be on somewhat of a schedule ahead of time so you can expect to see your favorite crate at a certain time.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love it if they brought back crates more often. Even if it's just every two weeks there's a returning crate, that is far more often than the just one a month we have now.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really needs to be some improvement with the rotation. It's not even really 1 crate season per month because they don't return crates on the month a new season is released, which really only leaves us with 8 returning crates a year. We are now in our 22nd season, so at best the rotation is about 3 years currently and only increasing every 3 months as more are added.
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other games with loot boxes they usually consolidate past seasons with current one in one form or another, i wonder why in ESO this is not the case. Like for example, bringing all atronach themed crates at once under single unified type, more range of possible items, more motivation to buy more.