Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why does the Skyshard claiming animation show the entire process, but not give the Skyshard?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Why does the Skyshard claiming animation show the entire process, but not give the Skyshard?

EDIT: If it will fail, Stop it!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 11, 2022 1:47AM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You clicked on something else interrupting the channeled power like a bag nearby?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or got hit by an attack from something?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just really slow, wait a few seconds
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I failed to note it was an attack in the middle, but I still have to wait for the entire sequence for absolutely no reason but to waste me time. Either give me the skyshard or interrupt the animation. Not complete it and then fail!

I believe the same happens if you loot something during the animation. Stupid behavior.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on July 10, 2022 5:24PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, if a mob spawns and attacks me while I'm in the middle of the animation, let me break free out of it rather than force me to wait it out while I'm getting smacked around and then still not even get the skyshard. Either make the process work regardless or make the animation interruptible.
    PC NA, CP2200+. Character creation is the true endgame.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, if a mob spawns and attacks me while I'm in the middle of the animation, let me break free out of it rather than force me to wait it out while I'm getting smacked around and then still not even get the skyshard. Either make the process work regardless or make the animation interruptible.

That or let me take the damage and continue the getting of the skyshard. Don’t make me sit through the whole animation thing and then not give it to me. In the early days I did not realize that I did not get it and had to come back and do it again.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try getting ganked in Cyrodiil. Can't break free of the stupid long animation.