Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – September 20,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

Diversity of Armors

muffinmuffel
I want to know if other Player also felt, like I did:

I loved the fact, that there are more different crafting skill Lines, especially, that the "medium Armor" got back.
However, I kind of miss the ability to craft different Armors in one style.
Did I not level high enogh?
Or is it really, that I can only use Iron and one of the special "racial" materials (moonstone, flint, deadra Hearts, etc.)?
Because I would have loved some more possibilities there, for examle 3 different looking kinds of Khajit heavy Armor (using Iron, Steel or rare Metals).

Is that acctually there, and I just never leveled high enogh, or is this really a thing and if it is, did you feel the same, or do I just expect a bit to much?

Players, please discuss.
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    Actually the armors you craft have 4 different looks depending on the level (material) you're crafting it with.

Iron, Steel, Orichalcum, and all the materials after orichalc, those 4 look differ from each other :) (which is up to lvl 36)

Same goes for the other types of armor.

Weapons have an extra look from lvl 50+1vet. onwards :)
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    Also, note that you have to spend points in crafting skills to be able to use higher lvl materials
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • Milord_H
    Milord_H
    Voidstone is the highest craftable tier smithing gear.
  • nzblustone
    nzblustone
    ✭✭
    Also, the appearance of any armour will change slightly when you improve it's quality. Perhaps a gold trim appears, or extra sashes or spikes etc.
    Founder of Imperial Traders Guild [NA] [PC-mac] • Guild WebsiteESO Forum Thread

Auron Lightblaze [Templar Heals] • Auron-khul [DK Tank] • Auronair [Sorc DPS] • Auronkha [NB DPS] • Brother Auron [Warden TBD]
  • Lucani
    Lucani
    Soul Shriven
    Although I went for Enchanting and Provisioning, I came across a couple of "Blue" rarity Lore Books (One for Argonians and one for Dark Elves) I used one to see what it was which turned out I learned a style.. Gave the other to my partner who's levelling clothing, so will have a look later at how it works!