Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Diversity of Armors

muffinmuffel
I want to know if other Player also felt, like I did:

I loved the fact, that there are more different crafting skill Lines, especially, that the "medium Armor" got back.
However, I kind of miss the ability to craft different Armors in one style.
Did I not level high enogh?
Or is it really, that I can only use Iron and one of the special "racial" materials (moonstone, flint, deadra Hearts, etc.)?
Because I would have loved some more possibilities there, for examle 3 different looking kinds of Khajit heavy Armor (using Iron, Steel or rare Metals).

Is that acctually there, and I just never leveled high enogh, or is this really a thing and if it is, did you feel the same, or do I just expect a bit to much?

Players, please discuss.
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    Actually the armors you craft have 4 different looks depending on the level (material) you're crafting it with.

Iron, Steel, Orichalcum, and all the materials after orichalc, those 4 look differ from each other :) (which is up to lvl 36)

Same goes for the other types of armor.

Weapons have an extra look from lvl 50+1vet. onwards :)
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    Also, note that you have to spend points in crafting skills to be able to use higher lvl materials
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • Milord_H
    Milord_H
    Voidstone is the highest craftable tier smithing gear.
  • nzblustone
    nzblustone
    ✭✭
    Also, the appearance of any armour will change slightly when you improve it's quality. Perhaps a gold trim appears, or extra sashes or spikes etc.
    Founder of Imperial Traders Guild [NA] [PC-mac] • Guild WebsiteESO Forum Thread

Auron Lightblaze [Templar Heals] • Auron-khul [DK Tank] • Auronair [Sorc DPS] • Auronkha [NB DPS] • Brother Auron [Warden TBD]
  • Lucani
    Lucani
    Soul Shriven
    Although I went for Enchanting and Provisioning, I came across a couple of "Blue" rarity Lore Books (One for Argonians and one for Dark Elves) I used one to see what it was which turned out I learned a style.. Gave the other to my partner who's levelling clothing, so will have a look later at how it works!