Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which npcs have you found in related to 12 Zenithar's hour blessings?

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a priest in Deshaan. Don’t forget to loot the offering urn for a unique necklace.

I had looted the necklace, it was marked as stolen. I went to the same shrine and npc the next day. This time had option to give the necklace to the npc (it was still marked as stolen). I gave it to them they remarked how it was perfect for a offering as it had little anvils on it. The npc offered it to Zenithar, a bolt of fire came out of the sky and killed the npc.. LOL
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] if anything this be cool for players to return .. also for the adding group content .. for delves or other like trials ...world bosses and more.. solo also can be apart of it.. adding more content [snip]

[edited for off topic]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 6, 2022 12:45PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »
    [snip] if anything this be cool for players to return .. also for the adding group content .. for delves or other like trials ...world bosses and more.. solo also can be apart of it.. adding more content[snip]

Not sure how this is related to the little random encounters that have been added for the Zenithar event

I have so far got the radish and a few of the treasure boxes, the zenithar blessing that I think makes the location of the treasure boxes have a big golden glow, and the mark of protection but I also meet that lady alot!
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 6, 2022 12:46PM
    Soupy twist
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just noticed Razum Dar makes random appearances at the sweetroll stall in the festival. Nothing really happens but he makes comments about Naryu and references the Sweetroll Killer quest. Nothing relevant though.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 3 new encounters this evening:

In Western Skyrim I saw through subtitles that an Argonian beggar was requesting some "invisible friends" (it seems to be a recurring theme?) to manifest. She must have been some distance away as I couldn't even hear her. Unfortunately, I was in the mountains surrounded by a snowstorm, so I couldn't find her either. Neither there not downhill at the next road.

Later, in Reaper's March, I saw an Ork getting angry at a merchant who she claimed had scammed her. Just before I arrived, she had killed the merchant. I couldn't talk to her. I'm wondering what would have happened if I had hurried and saved the merchant?

Then, I met a man in Wrothgar at a small shrine of Zenithar. He asked me what he should use as a sacrifice and I could only suggest him to offer gold, which he did, and nothing happened. Probably I was still missing the right item for that.
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Just noticed Razum Dar makes random appearances at the sweetroll stall in the festival. Nothing really happens but he makes comments about Naryu and references the Sweetroll Killer quest. Nothing relevant though.

There are recurrent characters showing up at the festival market (I had Naryu and Gwendis), but they aren't really related to all these other mysterious random encounters in the wilderness.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think maybe some of these random encounters aren't meant to "do" anything per se, other than illustrate something that Zenithar is associated with.

For example, my take-away from the guy who says he's fallen on hard times is that he illustrates how some people will pray for help but don't seem inclined to do much (aside from praying) to solve their problems themselves. In this case, Zenithar blesses hard work, so supposing that the guy did attract Zenithar's notice by offering his last few coins in prayer, probably what he needs to do next is get busy and do something helpful for someone and then Zenithar will see to it that he gets some kind of reward for doing that. But instead all he does is stand there looking dejected and confused, waiting for some divine intervention from Zenithar.

The orc lady who kills the merchant who presumably scammed her might illustrate the importance of being honest and above-board in our dealings with others, especially in commerce since that is associated with Zenithar.

And there's an encounter I've seen in Belkarth where a merchant is complaining to someone else about how her merchandise for the School in western Craglorn, but when the other person suggests taking the merchandise to the school she balks at the idea and walks away hoping that maybe someone from the School will come pick it up. That seems like another lesson about the importance of taking a proactive attitude towards solving your own problems.

Edit: I just ran into the Orc lady who's threatening the merchant, and noticed that she and her feral guardian bear had yellowish auras that indicate neutral dispositions which can change to aggression, whereas the merchant had no aura at all. So I decided to fight the Orc lady and her bear to see if I could save the merchant, but her bear killed the merchant anyway, and before I killed her she told not to help him because he had cheated her out of everything she had. It kind of reminded me of those questions at the beginning of Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind where you're presented with a scenario and must choose between different answers to see what your inclinations and choices say about your basic nature and which class you might enjoy playing.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on July 4, 2022 2:48AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Craglorn Ranhi-Za lady is always in Craglorn, talking about stone warriors and lopping off the heads of the unworthy.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Edit: I just ran into the Orc lady who's threatening the merchant, and noticed that she and her feral guardian bear had yellowish auras that indicate neutral dispositions which can change to aggression, whereas the merchant had no aura at all. So I decided to fight the Orc lady and her bear to see if I could save the merchant, but her bear killed the merchant anyway

Met those two again; this time I was fast enough to I attack the Orc, so she and her bear turned against me and the merchant was saved. He thanked me, but I didn't get any reward from him. I could loot the Orc, though, and got one (regular) treasure map.

Later, I met the priest of Zenithar who asked me two questions. I got both right and the priest said that I now received Zenithar's blessing which would enable me to find secret treasures. I've already read that it indeed allows us to find dirt mounds where we can dig something out. The buff lasts for 12 hours, so I'm curious how many I'll find later today, and if it's different things or always the golden chest worth 50 gold that's also available through a few other encounters.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »

Not sure how this is related to the little random encounters that have been added for the Zenithar event

First time meeting this NPC? :wink:
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I somehow completed the daily yesterday by killing a vampire, vampire bear and something else (it was dead before I looked at it). Just thought it was a random soon to be loot encounter and was surprised when it told me to go pick up my tickets.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    I somehow completed the daily yesterday by killing a vampire, vampire bear and something else (it was dead before I looked at it). Just thought it was a random soon to be loot encounter and was surprised when it told me to go pick up my tickets.

Did you level up, maybe?
    @Syldras | PC | EU