Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which npcs have you found in related to 12 Zenithar's hour blessings?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So far heard of 3 npcs though haven't seen them all.

Also saw a lot of people at one spot
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 4, 2022 1:43AM
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the buff? Where are the NPCs?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you referring to? Is it this: "New rare social and combat wilderness encounters are peppered throughout Tamriel for you to find, related to Zeal of Zenithar"? If so, are you saying there's some kind of buff associated with them?

I've heard someone in Belkarth arguing about something with someone, which sounded like it might have been related to the event. This was in the vicinity of the little bridge between the wayshrine and the event merchants.

I also heard an altercation going on just outside of Wayrest, in the vicinity of the crafting turn-in crates. Someone was yelling at a merchant and accusing him of having scammed her or something. Then he yelled, "Somebody stop her, she's going to kill me!" or something to that effect, and then she said "He got what he deserved," so I guess she killed him.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met a very suspicious woman somewhere in the Reach trying to sell a a protection trinket of some kind for almost 400 gold, warning me about her (invisible) friends who would attack me if I wouldn't buy it. I said no, prepared to fight, but nothing happened. Not sure if it's in any way related to the event, but I've been in the Reach quite often but never met her before. It's not liste here either:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Encounters#The_Reach
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve protected someone and got an award-winning radish treasure worth five gold.

I’ve come across someone digging for treasure.

And I’ve come across the protection-offering lady in Wrothgar.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What are you referring to? Is it this: "New rare social and combat wilderness encounters are peppered throughout Tamriel for you to find, related to Zeal of Zenithar"? If so, are you saying there's some kind of buff associated with them?

I've heard someone in Belkarth arguing about something with someone, which sounded like it might have been related to the event. This was in the vicinity of the little bridge between the wayshrine and the event merchants.

I also heard an altercation going on just outside of Wayrest, in the vicinity of the crafting turn-in crates. Someone was yelling at a merchant and accusing him of having scammed her or something. Then he yelled, "Somebody stop her, she's going to kill me!" or something to that effect, and then she said "He got what he deserved," so I guess she killed him.

There's a priest that gives 12 hour blessings then there's a mercenary that gives Mark of protection
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7640017#Comment_7640017
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found the weird woman talking about her invisible friends and a priest who asked me two questions about Zenithar. Upon getting the questions right, he told me I might be blessed (or something) with Zenithar's light (or something) that'd lead me to some treasure. The only lights I saw came from torchbugs. Both NPCs gave me 12h buffs, though I've no idea what they do.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found the weird woman talking about her invisible friends and a priest who asked me two questions about Zenithar. Upon getting the questions right, he told me I might be blessed (or something) with Zenithar's light (or something) that'd lead me to some treasure. The only lights I saw came from torchbugs. Both NPCs gave me 12h buffs, though I've no idea what they do.

Where was the npcs at?
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Where was the npcs at?

The priest was in northwestern Stormhaven, between Alcaire Castle wayshrine and Windridge Warehouse. The woman was at a place where random encounters often spawn, a little southeast of Coral Road wayshrine.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a priest in Deshaan. Don’t forget to loot the offering urn for a unique necklace.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was a Khajiit woman in Greenshade who was attacked by bandits and wouldn’t give up her prized sack and asked them to take her gold. When I fought them off she offered the sack and it was a prized radish. I felt bad.

Also I forget where a man asked me to help him pray to a Zenithar shrine. The only option was to have him offer gold, which I did. Then it ended and I wasn’t sure if it was the right choice. I felt bad again.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found an argonian in the woods of glenumbra, asked for alms. Had several options; could tell him there's a festival of zenithar in crag, pay him, or walk away. Paid 69 gold, got nothing in return (no item, no buff, no achieve).

• FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Found an argonian in the woods of glenumbra, asked for alms. Had several options; could tell him there's a festival of zenithar in crag, pay him, or walk away. Paid 69 gold, got nothing in return (no item, no buff, no achieve).

Begs-in-Wilds or something. I met him when I had the blessing and it turned out that actually he was the one with angy invisible (initially) friends. Friends got their faces broken.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran into a dude who gave me a quiz. I guessed at the questions and got them right, so he gave me the blessing, whatever it does.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came across someone in High Isle, told him to pray to Zenithar (the only option), got nothing. Couldn't loot anything. I checked.

Came across another one in Murkmire. Based on his dialogue (he was hungry and didn't want to go to a city), I chose the option to give him gold, over the option to send him to the festival in Belkarth. He thanked me and said I'd made him happy. Got nothing.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk what buff everyone is talking about. Encountered two NPCs so far but never got any buff from them regardless of dialogue choice.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was tempted to steal the priest's money pot, but decided against it because I presumed Zenithar wouldn't approve and I'd be somehow penalized. Next time I'm emptying the cookie jar!
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the buff actually do tho? It shows up on my buff tracker and character sheet but has no effect displayed.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What does the buff actually do tho? It shows up on my buff tracker and character sheet but has no effect displayed.

Oh, it's very ingenious: "Causes the player to scratch their head and wonder what the buff actually does. Has a small chance to provoke wild speculation."
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found a female Bosmer in Deshaan who told me that Zenithar guided her to a treasure chest. I couldn't resist and persuaded her to give the treasure to me (Sorry, I was curious about what she found :D ). I expected a curse or something like that to happen, as I had clearly scammed her, but I indeed got an item: A golden treasure chest worth 50 gold, that can't be opened and serves as sellable loot only. It really makes me wonder what would have happened if I had chosen a different dialogue option.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭

Also I forget where a man asked me to help him pray to a Zenithar shrine. The only option was to have him offer gold, which I did. Then it ended and I wasn’t sure if it was the right choice. I felt bad again.

I had another option pop up to give him something I had stol.... er, taken from someone else earlier, but to avoid spoilers, I'm just going to say, I half expected what happened to happen, but I was still a little taken aback when it did. And I laughed a little after, ngl 😆
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Found a female Bosmer in Deshaan who told me that Zenithar guided her to a treasure chest. I couldn't resist and persuaded her to give the treasure to me (Sorry, I was curious about what she found :D ). I expected a curse or something like that to happen, as I had clearly scammed her, but I indeed got an item: A golden treasure chest worth 50 gold, that can't be opened and serves as sellable loot only. It really makes me wonder what would have happened if I had chosen a different dialogue option.

I met her too. If you choose to be honest, you get nothing at all.
  • I_CraftwithPntButter
    From what I have found/experienced so far.

Encounters tend to happen more along main roads ( visible on map) , in any zone , can even happen in same zone one after another. They tend to appear outside towns/cities and generally away from hostile npcs/monsters ( unless they are part of the encounter) .
    They can be seen/interacted with by more than one player ( like finding M'aiq)
    Note : I have it set so dialogue shows on screen , I find it easier to "catch" these encounters . I tend to listen to music while looking so this helps

Encounter types :
    -Priest : Gives buff after answering 2 questions correctly
    -A nord offering protection for gold
    -Wood elf = Ive done all 3 replies
    -Argonian = Ive done all 3 replies
    -Breton = He will be at a small shrine , only dialogue is for him to offer coins to Zenithar then nothing happen . BUT later on I rescued --a Khajiit from bandits, he gave me an award winning radish (unique item) . I was later on able to give the radish to the breton.
    -The Khajiit I rescued from bandits , gives a radish ( see above)
    -A mound of dirt with the same glow you get from the blessing
    -A minotaur digging up a mound of dirt with the same glow as the blessing
    -A redguard who is being attacked by an unhappy customer with a bear, and thanks you for saving him .

Hope this helps and if I find anything else I will update
    Edited by I_CraftwithPntButter on July 3, 2022 12:01AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes that happened to me too... honesty be damned lol.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes that happened to me too... honesty be damned lol.

Walking away from her resets the quest. You can stack the loot if you really want
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get mark of protection in Bangorki by Halin wayshrine
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into a Minotaur Shaman in Vvardenfell near the Egg Mine world boss. After I killed it I got a Golden Treasure Chest, which is a bound Treasure worth 50 gold. I assume it was related to the event.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I ran into a Minotaur Shaman in Vvardenfell near the Egg Mine world boss. After I killed it I got a Golden Treasure Chest, which is a bound Treasure worth 50 gold. I assume it was related to the event.

I got the same treasure from another npc. And I kept it, as I think it might be traded in at a different encounter later.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    i was confusing to me.. the npcs were too close together lol .. and i could not find things. also i think was too many nps in general
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ran into a simple mound of dirt with nothing signaling it near the BlackRose Prison wayshrine and dug up one of those 50 gold treasures you can get from the Bosmer woman. Was able to gather a few of these so far but Idk if they can be used for some other encounter or something; was not able to give one to the Breton at the shrine or to Begs-In-Wilds.

Received that Mark of Protection from the Nord woman but no clue if it does anything. I had ran into a group of bandits earlier and I think one of them said something about not having a mark of protection but I'm not entirely certain that was what I heard.