The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Intel Iris Pro & HD 5000 Potential Graphics Issues

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    OpForce wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed with the updates to the Mac client listed on the patch notes. It's more than just NPCs, but EVERYTHING. Hopefully it'll all be fixed, regardless of what the text for it says was fixed.
    Why disappointed?
    Edit: It's just the way it is worded. It should fix all the graphics issues. it's the same fix as for the MacBook Pro which resolved it al.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 2, 2014 2:42PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Latest on US server maintenance here:
    As of noon EDT, we are currently looking at a maintenance completion ETA of 1-2 hours.
  • OpForce
    OpForce
    ✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Why disappointed?
    Edit: It's just the way it is worded. It should fix all the graphics issues. it's the same fix as for the MacBook Pro which resolved it all.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I was hoping they would have maybe expounded on what the patch did for the Mac client, at least in description, in the notes. But, I am hopeful that this will fix the issues.

EDIT: I just realized that I used a form of the word "hope" too many times in that post and it made me laugh.
    Edited by OpForce on April 2, 2014 6:59PM
    My clan is recruiting! Click here.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why disappointed?
    Edit: It's just the way it is worded. It should fix all the graphics issues. it's the same fix as for the MacBook Pro which resolved it all.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I was hoping they would have maybe expounded on what the patch did for the Mac client, at least in description, in the notes. But, I am hopeful that this will fix the issues.

EDIT: I just realized that I used a form of the word "hope" too many times in that post and it made me laugh.
    Hope, hope never changes ;)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see NA Megaserver is up again. Any feedback on how it is for MacBook Air with Intel HD5000?
  • jc.rosales.medinacub18_ESO
    I see NA Megaserver is up again. Any feedback on how it is for MacBook Air with Intel HD5000?
    Update running now on my MacBook Air Intel HD 5000! I'm on EU server. Fix seems to work. Finally :)
  • mkeisu
    mkeisu
    yes, seems to be working. :)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jc.rosales.medinacub @mkeisu Thanks for confirming the fix works.

Glad you all get to join the Mac ESO fun now ;)
    Edited by Moonraker on April 3, 2014 2:43AM
  • OpForce
    OpForce
    ✭✭

Rain/snow effects no longer effect my character while playing. I still get unknown errors when trying to use a wayshrine or go in/out of a dungeon on occasion, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as it did prior to the update. Occasionally though, after I get one of those, I get stuck in the "infinite loading screen" and usually it ends up with me force quitting the game multiple times and sometimes rebooting my computer to get it to load back into the game. Aside from that, I've been able to play a LOT better since this update.
    My clan is recruiting! Click here.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

Rain/snow effects no longer effect my character while playing. I still get unknown errors when trying to use a wayshrine or go in/out of a dungeon on occasion, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as it did prior to the update. Occasionally though, after I get one of those, I get stuck in the "infinite loading screen" and usually it ends up with me force quitting the game multiple times and sometimes rebooting my computer to get it to load back into the game. Aside from that, I've been able to play a LOT better since this update.
    "Unknown Error" is a known cross-platform issue. ZOS are requesting details to diagnosis on the Customer Service section on this thread:

UNKNOWN ERROR" RECEIVED UPON DISCONNECTING

If you are on wireless network you could try this workaround here.

If you are at a college or other place which may have port blocking check this which suggests opening ports and Firewall here.

Worth opening the ports required by the game:

They updated the list of ports that need to be open for ESO here. Worth doing to avoid issues at launch:
    WHAT PORTS DO I NEED TO OPEN TO ACCESS THE GAME?
    Updated 03/25/2014 08:07 PM Published 02/15/2013 07:46 PM

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online, players should configure their routers to open the following ports:

Ports 24100 through 24131
    Ports 24500 through 24507
    I suggest opening both TCP & UDP though they are not specific on this, most MMO would use both.

I believe the Launcher install uses other ports but I can’t find any reference for those.

Another cause was an add-on used for blocking spam in chat causing this. The add-on was updated I think but if you have any issues, you want to Disable all Add-ons until the issue is resolved.

For example, Esohead's own add-on caused lag in game until an update was released yesterday. Once you have the game running correctly then enable them again one at a time is safest way.

Worth checking the Customer Service section and PC Tech Support section for any fixes posted.

Edited by Moonraker on April 3, 2014 10:46AM