The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Intel Iris Pro & HD 5000 Potential Graphics Issues

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    nirpius wrote: »
    +1 from me on this issue, HD5000 2013 Macbook Air. Can someone show me where to file these bug reports and raise tickets? I can't find it myself. Thanks guys.
    Check the first post, I put those details there.
  • heller1
    heller1
    Same issue...

Macbook AIR
    1.3 GHZ i5
    4GB Ram
    HD Graphics 5000
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    heller1 wrote: »
    Same issue...

Macbook AIR
    1.3 GHZ i5
    4GB Ram
    HD Graphics 5000
    Thanks for confirming and details. Please submit a bug report and raise a Ticket for this. See details in first post how to if you haven't.
  • Dagerim
    Dagerim
    BkAwu4kCcAATtC_.jpg:large Intel HD 5000… Unplayable… Angry. I'll try to stay calm and make a meaningful bug report. Layers of graphics are not redrawing, after choosing ‘Play’ from character screen, I'm getting weird mix of everything what's going on in game and I can peek through some small rectangle in bottom left corner into actual gameplay. — Please make it go away.
  • Rhizome
    Rhizome
    Update: This appears to be 'intermittent'; that is, I have finished quests/rooms on the bare minimum settings and then entered new rooms/quests on full 1440x980 on 'high' settings. I switch manually between the two settings. The problem returns, repeat manual switch, etc. Not fun when the graphics shut down in the middle of a fight!
  • heller1
    heller1
    Anyone get a response :(
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is an older MBP (mid-2012), with an HD 4000.

Beta ran a bit sluggishly on medium settings on the MacOS side, so I booted it to the Windows 7 side - where it ran more smoothly (though the computer ran hotter).
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • jordoncole
    Same issue

Macbook Air 13-inch, 2014
    Processor 1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

version 1.0.0.956792
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a form of wrap-up, it is clear that the issue is with the Mac Book Air Mid 2013 models with the Intel HD Graphics 5000 series graphics card.

From all the data you guys have posted today it's help confirm this. This has been brought to the attention of the Mac development team and they will be testing this tomorrow to work out why the fix that was put in did not work as expected. Perhaps due to a change in the Apple driver in a recent update that broke the original fix.

Hopefully there should be some feedback soon on a fix and when it may get into an update build (not sure quite how ZOS will handle hotfixes/ updates ion the Megaservers myself)

As a side note the fix that went in to workaround the bug in Apple's own Intel drivers (a OpenGL issue that is yet to be fixed by them) for the similar Intel Iris Pro, found in some 2013 MacBook Pros, appears to have resolved that problem. So, the fix does work but has to be adjusted individually for each model of card.
  • tofufever
    tofufever
    Same issue with me... Intel 5000 ... only happens in outdoor environments.. indoors it's fine.frow5gkud8rx.png

• Alcarissyë
    I too have an Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    I get this in the starting prison, fourth room
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. We know what it is now and should have some news later.
  • Lukefus
    Lukefus
    ✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. We know what it is now and should have some news later.

Thanks for the support you offer the mac players Moonraker. By earlier posts I imagine someone from ZOS has been in contact with you right?
    Their silence on the forums here worries me
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukefus wrote: »
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Just happy as ever, to try and get as many Mac players enjoying the game and work together to resolve thing.

Thanks for the support you offer the mac players Moonraker. By earlier posts I imagine someone from ZOS has been in contact with you right?
    Their silence on the forums here worries me
    I hope we see a ZOS face in our beloved Mac TS section sometimes :) Think the good thing is we can get on with things and do what we can while it's a mad house for launch times.

Yes. I do have contact direct to the Mac development which doesn't give a magic wand unfortunately but thankfully, it at least shows they do care about the Mac client and are wiling to listen and respond. In a big company operation like this, we will always be the small crowd.

Developers won't post direct to forums like this really and understandably. I want them at the desk solving issues :) I'm sure we will see some ZOS CS around over time.

Things are happening which is the main thing.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 31, 2014 6:59AM
  • Charlaquin
    I had the same problem, but didn't realize it was a glitch, since the game was more or less playable on the lowest graphics settings (though there was still a section on the far right side of the screen that was bugging out).

I'm on an 11-inch mid 2013 macbook air, 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB graphics, running on OS x 10.9.2 (13c64)
  • MaliciousGod
    +1 here on the rain/snow/ash glitch issue. Like many others, I'm also running on a mid-2013 MacBook Air with HD5000. Will submit a bug report next time I get a chance to log in.
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    I got this answer from ESO support after I submited a /bug from ingame command. :
    "Greetings traveler,

Thank you for your interest regarding The Elder Scrolls Online.
    We have checked the Bug Report you submitted and have found that the issue is not related to an in-game bug.

More specifically, your graphics card doesn't meet the game's minimum requirements.

For your reference, here's the official minimum and recommended requirements for the game:

PC Minimum System Requirements:
    Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    Memory: 2GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 60GB free HDD space
    Video Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant video card with 512MB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 / ATI Radeon™ 2600 or better)
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    PC Recommended System Requirements:
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit
    Processor: Quad Core 2.3GHz or equivalent processor
    Memory: 4GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 60GB free HDD space
    Video Card: Direct X 11 compliant video card with 2GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 560 Ti / ATI Radeon™ 6950 or better)
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    *A persistent internet connection is required to play.
    **System requirements are subject to change over time.

May the blessings of Mara fall upon you in the future.

The Elders Scrolls Online Team
    "

Really?! That is the excuse? And they wont fix it or what? I am playing the game on that card on medium settings just fine outside of rainy environments.
  • Emppa
    Emppa
    +1 also on this glitch issue, mid-2013 MacBook Air with HD5000 / OSX 10.9.2.
  • heller1
    heller1
    Beta was fine. REALLY?!?! Why did they Post PC specs if this is a MAC issue?
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    I complained back and they answered :

Hello again,

We are sorry for the confusion created and for the misinformation. We will be investigating this bug which affects mac users.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We hope to see you soon in Tamriel!

The ESO Support Team
  • OpForce
    OpForce
    ✭✭
    ssijak wrote: »
    I complained back and they answered :

Hello again,

We are sorry for the confusion created and for the misinformation. We will be investigating this bug which affects mac users.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We hope to see you soon in Tamriel!

The ESO Support Team

Unless they fix these issues soon, they won't be seeing me in Tamriel, or anywhere else.

EDIT: I've just noticed that ZOS responds a heck of a lot more often to the German customer service things reported than they do to the English ones.
    Edited by OpForce on March 31, 2014 4:00PM
    My clan is recruiting! Click here.
  • DrAlexMV
    DrAlexMV
    The source of the bug is Mavericks 10.9.2. Reverting to anything below that fixes the problem. I reverted to 10.8.5 and the issue was gone. This problem only seems to happen in the MBA's HD5000 Apple OpenGL drivers introduced in 10.9.2.
  • mkeisu
    mkeisu
    DrAlexMV wrote: »
    The source of the bug is Mavericks 10.9.2. Reverting to anything below that fixes the problem. I reverted to 10.8.5 and the issue was gone. This problem only seems to happen in the MBA's HD5000 Apple OpenGL drivers introduced in 10.9.2.
    Good to have it confirmed. It was a bit strange that it would suddenly stop working, given that I had played the beta successfuly.

Unfortunately reverting back OS version isn't an option. Bug / security fixes are too important.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi. Thanks a lot for checking this @DrAlexMV. As I posted it's what was suspected.

Do you know if 10.9.1 is OK? I think so but can't check myself.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 31, 2014 5:57PM
  • heller1
    heller1
    Very nice! How do you revert? Time Machine?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

If anyone wants to try reverting to OS X 10.9.1 and has a Time Machine backup the process is relatively straightforward using the Recovery disk & TM. There is an Apple discussion thread on how to do it here:

Best Method to Revert to 10.9.1

If you don't have Time Machine backup then it requires a fresh install which is not a quick process as you are probably aware and may be more restricted on the MBA due to free space required.

The option is there. Otherwise, I should have some feedback later today on the fix.
  • Last_Ottoman35
    i am having the same issue !! if i use time machine will the game be erased from the computer because i just downloaded it and it took for ever lol i don't wanna have to go through that again
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am having the same issue !! if i use time machine will the game be erased from the computer because i just downloaded it and it took for ever lol i don't wanna have to go through that again
    I believe it will delete any changes since last 10.9.1 save (check thread) You can backup the Zenimax Online folder (also The Elder Scrolls Online folder in Documents with settings) as well as other work of course etc. to an external HD etc. Then just put it back in after revert. If you have Time Machine I can't remember if it retains the information after revert or not within TM.

You need to check all this before considering this option.
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    I guess that there is no way to revert just the hd5000 driver (kext)?
  • Daavos
    Daavos
    OpForce wrote: »
    ssijak wrote: »
    \
    EDIT: I've just noticed that ZOS responds a heck of a lot more often to the German customer service things reported than they do to the English ones.

Anyone speak German?