The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cannot launder group repair kit

phileunderx2
phileunderx2
✭✭✭✭✭
I got a zeal of zenithar box from an NPC by pickpocket. It contained a group repair kit I tried to launder it and could not. Is this intended? If so it reduces the usefulness of this item as I can't bank it or give it to any of my other characters.
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 30, 2022 11:52PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't resist saying-- given how some players reacted to reading that pickpocketing can give an event reward coffer-- that Z'en must be laughing at you, or scolding you. But seriously, I don't think I've ever used a single group repair kit that I bought with tickets during other events, so it seems like a bit of a trash item (unless it was bought with tickets), so maybe just use it while you're grouped with fellow guild members, like right after a boss fight.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i doubt its intended there are just some items that were not ever intended to be marked as stolen, so they were not properly marked as launderable
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I can't resist saying-- given how some players reacted to reading that pickpocketing can give an event reward coffer-- that Z'en must be laughing at you, or scolding you. But seriously, I don't think I've ever used a single group repair kit that I bought with tickets during other events, so it seems like a bit of a trash item (unless it was bought with tickets), so maybe just use it while you're grouped with fellow guild members, like right after a boss fight.

The usefulness of group repair kits depends heavily on what you play.
    If its easier content, or pvp (no repair bills), they aren't useful.
    In harder content where your group is wiping several times (progressing a HM for example) they are appreciated because it can save your group of up to 12 1k+ each. Nothing jaw-dropping, but I always find that they are appreciated if I use one and I always am thankful when someone else uses one.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

The usefulness of group repair kits depends heavily on what you play.
    If its easier content, or pvp (no repair bills), they aren't useful.
    In harder content where your group is wiping several times (progressing a HM for example) they are appreciated because it can save your group of up to 12 1k+ each. Nothing jaw-dropping, but I always find that they are appreciated if I use one and I always am thankful when someone else uses one.

Yes, I've bought several (mainly to spend tickets on something so they wouldn't go to waste) and have hung onto them, just have not yet been in any group situations where they could be put to good use.

I probably shouldn't have said "it seems like a bit of a trash item," but I immediately qualified that with "(unless it was bought with tickets)" because I specifically meant an unlaunderable group repair kit from a stolen event reward coffer. So if you can't launder it and stick it in your bank, storage chest, or give it to a mule alt to hold, then you might as well go ahead and use it while grouped.

As far as being unlaunderable, I seem to remember another item or two from previous events that had the same issue, and if memory serves (which is not always the case) those items were patched rather quickly, so hopefully this will be patched.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We are closing this thread as it seems to be a duplicate to another thread found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.