The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cannot launder certain items from the stolen Zenithar boxes

WereTech
WereTech
✭✭
Items such as the Carved-Bone Key and Impressario's Group Repair Kit can't be laundered at all if you've opened the box, quite disappointing. (Ignore the jumbled text at the bottom, some addons are clashing and I'm too lazy to fix it)

7k39fkohjr6d.png
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's character bound.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    This came up in a prior event. You can’t launder the keys, but you should still be able to use them in the IC vault. Alternatively, you can destroy it if you won’t use it.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no reason to launder something you can't give to anyone else or sell.
    Well, I guess it would keep it from being repossessed by a guard, but that's all.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thief! Guards!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Well, I guess it would keep it from being repossessed by a guard, but that's all.

That is the reason. It should be launderable.
  • WereTech
    WereTech
    ✭✭
    The major issue with this is the repair kits, which you won't be able to move from your character to the bank because those are Bound and not Character Bound.
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you steal zenithar boxes?
  • WereTech
    WereTech
    ✭✭
    Where do you steal zenithar boxes?

Strongboxes, NPCs, and Thief Troves
  • Kalitas
    Kalitas
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me. Had a group repair kit removed from my inventory because I forgot about it when I decided to just let the guard clear my bounty. Lost the repair kit.
    @Kevin-G | Ajani | Wü-Tang Clan
  • Spiral__Architect
    Justice Containers, Thieves' Troves, and Pick Pocketing NPC's. Seems to be about the same rate as Ember's hidden wallet drop for Pick Pocketing.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same for golden repair kit. This makes unnecessary trouble for storing and inventory.

Please fix
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The tradable research scrolls also cannot be laundered. I have two of them stuck on my master crafter. They should obviously not be bound but I can't do anything with them because they can't be laundered.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any hotfix coming for this, @ZOS_Kevin ? They are worthless to my thieves, but I would like to be able to bank them for my fighters, in the same manner as the ones you can purchase for tickets. Or are we supposed to just destroy them, or run around stealing until we are caught and they are confiscated by a guard?

GLJDoP2.png
    Edited by Jaraal on July 2, 2022 8:01PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't bank something that's stolen unless you launder it, which is a pretty big reason to be able to launder things that are Bound.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    Use them?
    Eric Dikkersun - Achernar - EZE - theendoftheriver - Orion Silvercuff
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    You can't bank something that's stolen unless you launder it, which is a pretty big reason to be able to launder things that are Bound.

Yes, you can launder and bank the Grand Repair Kits you get from the Zenithar boxes, but not the group repair kits.

Use them?

My thieves are purpose built, geared, CPed, and skilled characters who only steal. They have no use for group repair kits, or research scrolls.... which can't be laundered and banked for my characters who actually could use them. But the non-stolen versions can be banked and shared by my account.

Why?

• theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    I have lots and lots of research scrolls which give me no use. I have all the characters researched, yet ZoS continues to give me these scrolls I cannot use. Why? I save them on the chance there will be additional character slots added sometime even though it isn't likely. Are they valuable? At best maybe. I still keep them because I don't want to destroy them. If they're so valuable you'd rather not destroy these items, then save it on your character until you discover a way (or one is created). Really, none of these have so much value that it's really game breaking. I think the options would be destroy, use, or hold. I assume your thief would need repairs, just like any other character. If their research is completed for crafting, then yeah the scrolls would be pointless to save. And the saving isn't really anything that valuable or completely unique. These items are sold in the game for a small amount. At least using them would consume the value as opposed to destruction.
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why keys are character bound in the first place is beyond me...
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why keys are character bound in the first place is beyond me...

Yes, since you can buy fragments in the guild store with any character, transfer them to any character, and enter the vaults with any character. But the event keys.... out of luck. And ZOS didn't hotfix it with the patch today, so it looks like we are stuck with it.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use them?

Its the issue of still wanting to steal items with it in your inventory and possibly losing it to the guards. And its not feasible to just go hop into a trial so you can use a group repair kit.
  • theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    To get the greatest value, using it in a trial would make the most sense. I think the rewards are specifically granted in a way which lessens the value. You could just use the group repair kit on yourself and its still has value. I don't do trials often, so I don't rely upon group repairs very much. The value is negotiable, but not significant.
  • WereTech
    WereTech
    ✭✭
    The point of all this being, any items that were inside a stolen Zenithar box should be launder-able regardless of its binding. As someone mentioned before, a guard can take these items from you if they are not spent or used, if not laundered. ALL items should be launder-able for that case alone. No one wants items taken from them just because ZoS didn't think to include functionality for this.

It doesn't matter what that item's value is, even literal 0 gold or use, the person could want that item and never think to use it for a long time until they notice it's gone from their inventory because of the one time they cleared their bounty from a guard so it got rid of all stolen items.

You're not even able to transfer normally Bound items to your bank, they are stuck in your inventory permanently until laundered, sold, or destroyed so it's a waste of inventory space too.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And of course, met with the usual silence.

Even a simple "We want these things to be character bound and forced to be used before you lose them to a guard, so we're not changing it" would be better than being flat out ignored.

Edited by Jaraal on July 7, 2022 8:55AM