The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 26

Zenithar's Blessing

Lostar
Lostar
✭✭✭✭
I found this NPC out in the overworld who quizzed me about Zenithar; passing it gave me a 12-hour buff called "Zenithar's Blessing" but I cannot figure out what it does. Can anyone enlighten me?
I paint stuff sometimes...
https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lostar wrote: »
    I found this NPC out in the overworld who quizzed me about Zenithar; passing it gave me a 12-hour buff called "Zenithar's Blessing" but I cannot figure out what it does. Can anyone enlighten me?
    hmm, perhaps some type of buff to allow for better *stealing* rates or something?

    I don't see anything about it (yet) within this other related thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603548/zeal-of-zenithar-event-info-from-eso-hub/p1 .... nor within the sticky thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7637643#Comment_7637643
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Nice find, @Lostar! This is one of the special encounters out in the world!

    So to be straight up here, it does not apply any benefit like an XP buff or anything like that. However, the buff does get applied to other special event encounters. They are peppered throughout the world in different spots, so we encourage everyone to keep their eyes open for these events once you have Zenithar's Blessing. (Being vague on purpose here, the team is excited for players to discover some of these.)

    That's good to know. That might explain why interacting with another encounter in a way I expected to give me something didn't give me anything. Guess I need to go track down someone to give me a quiz. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    Lollygags-Where-She-Likes - EP Argonian Templar healer
    Gurtha gra-Margaz - DC Orc Sorcerer stormflailer
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    This is one of the special encounters out in the world!

    So to be straight up here, it does not apply any benefit like an XP buff or anything like that. However, the buff does get applied to other special event encounters. They are peppered throughout the world in different spots, so we encourage everyone to keep their eyes open for these events once you have Zenithar's Blessing. (Being vague on purpose here, the team is excited for players to discover some of these.)
    ahh ok, excellent and THANKS @ZOS_Kevin for the scoop!

    i really like these types of random/mystery type discoveries within the game world , to encourage what i personally wish "modern" MMORPG's had a lot more of more often: EXPLORATION B)
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    This is one of the special encounters out in the world!

    So to be straight up here, it does not apply any benefit like an XP buff or anything like that. However, the buff does get applied to other special event encounters. They are peppered throughout the world in different spots, so we encourage everyone to keep their eyes open for these events once you have Zenithar's Blessing. (Being vague on purpose here, the team is excited for players to discover some of these.)
    ahh ok, excellent and THANKS @ZOS_Kevin for the scoop!

    i really like these types of random/mystery type discoveries within the game world , to encourage what i personally wish "modern" MMORPG's had a lot more of more often: EXPLORATION B)

    I guess there is a general 'fear' that if our hand is not held at every step of the way we will just miss the content that's been made available to us.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the active effect and have had a couple event random encounters since, but I can't say if or how they were affected by it.
    PC NA, CP1900+
    18 characters and severe alt-itis. Character creation is the true endgame. Huge lorehound. Total casual.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found another encounter after getting the zenithar's blessing.. but.. nothing happened after I spoke to him.
    just a poor guy who offered what coins he had to zenithar... and... nothing
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahaha i guess i was a bit tired, poor guy unfortunatly burned because i used the wrong answer *shame*

    I waited to see if he would come back so i can be more nice, but he seems to have been eradicated from eso after burning :P
    My most recent characters
    AD - Huntress AnteAlba - Bosmer NB
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    Had a couple encounters after the blessing guy...

    First was an Argonian who was pan handling. Next I encountered a person who had discovered a chest who said she had received a blessing as well and that she was walking along and a beam of light hit the ground and she dug up a treasure.

    It gave me the option to intimidate and rob her, or lie/persuade her to give me the treasure or just congratulate her. I chose the last option and the other two didn't feel very Zenithar.

    Nothing since then.
    Edited by Xenite on July 1, 2022 10:55AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lostar wrote: »
    I found this NPC out in the overworld who quizzed me about Zenithar; passing it gave me a 12-hour buff called "Zenithar's Blessing" but I cannot figure out what it does. Can anyone enlighten me?

    It allows you to meet more special npcs along the roads to get other goodies like mark of protection
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenite wrote: »
    Had a couple encounters after the blessing guy...

    First was an Argonian who was pan handling. Next I encountered a person who had discovered a chest who said she had received a blessing as well and that she was walking along and a beam of light hit the ground and she dug up a treasure.

    It gave me the option to intimidate and rob her, or lie/persuade her to give me the treasure or just congratulate her. I chose the last option and the other two didn't feel very Zenithar.

    Nothing since then.

    Where did you see argonian? What zone and wayshrine?
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found one in Blackwood (Fort Redmane Wayshrine) ^^
    31jnfdhxylu8.png
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai

    EU PC 1900+ CP
    professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just received zenithars blessing in high isle after choosing 2 questions correctly

    Got the 12 hour anonymous buff and no idea what to do next lol
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Found one in Blackwood (Fort Redmane Wayshrine) ^^
    31jnfdhxylu8.png

    What happens after talking to them,,?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I met the "Mark of Protection" one,
    and it looks like a straight forward demand for protection money to stop her allies from attacking me. I told her "goodbye", and now I hoping I'll get attacked :smiley:
    PC EU
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found another priest who asked more questions. When I answered correctly; if the previous priest made mention of this, I missed it.
    "Zenithar's blessed light is rumored to guide those who see it to lost artifacts. Watch for it on your travels my knowledgeable friend."

    Has anyone had any findings concerning these lost artifacts?
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lostar wrote: »
    Found another priest who asked more questions. When I answered correctly; if the previous priest made mention of this, I missed it.
    "Zenithar's blessed light is rumored to guide those who see it to lost artifacts. Watch for it on your travels my knowledgeable friend."

    Has anyone had any findings concerning these lost artifacts?

    Also, there was a bosmer (NPC) I ran into in Malabal Tor; She mentioned having a similar occurrence with a priest and she saw the ground glowing and began to dig... So keep eyes on shiny patches of dirt, maybe?

    Or maybe new antiquities?
    Edited by Lostar on July 1, 2022 8:36PM
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Found one in Blackwood (Fort Redmane Wayshrine) ^^
    31jnfdhxylu8.png

    What happens after talking to them,,?

    His offerings to Zenthiar get ignored and then he is sad. No buff sadly but a funny gimmick ^^
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai

    EU PC 1900+ CP
    professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Found one in Blackwood (Fort Redmane Wayshrine) ^^
    31jnfdhxylu8.png

    What happens after talking to them,,?

    His offerings to Zenthiar get ignored and then he is sad. No buff sadly but a funny gimmick ^^

    I wonder if this is a puzzle..

    First you need the buff; then you need whatever the buff uncovers... and then you give that to this guy as an offering.... wonder how the "Mark of Protection" people might fall into this..
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't found any npc yet, i can't even investigate :(
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    Haven't found any npc yet, i can't even investigate :(

    NVM i found some NPC, but not the priest.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • fernflower
    fernflower
    Soul Shriven
    ej6l7s0srriz.png
  • fernflower
    fernflower
    Soul Shriven
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

    What happens after talking to them,,?

    His offerings to Zenthiar get ignored and then he is sad. No buff sadly but a funny gimmick ^^
    You can also give him radish or beads. These offerings will not be ignored ;)

  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    fernflower wrote: »
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

    What happens after talking to them,,?

    His offerings to Zenthiar get ignored and then he is sad. No buff sadly but a funny gimmick ^^
    You can also give him radish or beads. These offerings will not be ignored ;)
    How do you open up the option to give him radishes or beads to use as an offering?

    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    fernflower wrote: »
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

    What happens after talking to them,,?

    His offerings to Zenthiar get ignored and then he is sad. No buff sadly but a funny gimmick ^^
    You can also give him radish or beads. These offerings will not be ignored ;)

    ahhh nevermind! I found some~ ;D
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing I dislike is the RNG to it... you can go by the "right places" and nothing is spawned so it's not just.. encourage exploration
    rather you find 2 spots that you know have the events and bounce back and forth between them trying to trigger different events.
    cause just.. riding around from every waypoint on the roads hoping something spawns isn't that engaging either.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I have....
    1. Gotten Zenithar's Blessing by answering the quiz, you can also steal prayer beads of Zenithar from the pot next to him
    2. Gotten mark of protection by paying the Nord Ruffian
    3. Saved a merchant from bandits and gotten a prize winning radish
    4. used Persuade on a bosmer treasure hunter and she gave me the treasure
    5. Found a glowing pile of dirt at one of the spawn points, dug it up for another treasure, then was ambushed by bandits (had mark of protection they still attacked)
    6. given the prize wining radish to the guy trying to pray to a shrine of zenithar, he glowed, but nothing else happened. If you give him the prayer beads, he burns and dies.
    7. encountered an argonian beggar and have tried giving him money, telling him about the zenithar festival, then gave him money, and told him about the festival and then didn't give him money... nothing happened in any of those cases. Only one I haven't tried is just telling him I have no money from the start
    [/quote]

    That is all I have found so far
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh got another one...
    Begs-in-Wilds had his buddies attack me, saying my generosity would be my undoing or something
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Oh got another one...
    Begs-in-Wilds had his buddies attack me, saying my generosity would be my undoing or something

    Have you found the merchant being assaulted by the orc and her bear?
    fernflower wrote: »
    ej6l7s0srriz.png

    I have the Zenithar's Blessing Buff but after some hours of scouring several zones, I've found no glowing mounds. Any tips?
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • fernflower
    fernflower
    Soul Shriven
    Lostar wrote: »

    I have the Zenithar's Blessing Buff but after some hours of scouring several zones, I've found no glowing mounds. Any tips?

    RNG most likely. gloving moounds share the same spawn points as encounters like khajiit with radish or not-so-honest merchant with a bear. so just visit these points from time to time
Sign In or Register to comment.