The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What purpose does Magicka night blade serve?

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

I thought this was more of a PvE thread...
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class has good passives depending how many you slot, only problem in PVP really is merciless resolve is probably the most dodged ability in all of ESO. It would nice nice if they changed magicka variant to something different, and add a stun to soul harvest
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

But thread starts with discussing PvE parses and continues with that.
    I don't think OP really looking for PvP advice here.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

But this isn't a PvP thread?

Although I do agree that the magicka nightblade's true purpose should be PvP ganking.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

I don't understand, mainly how you thought this was a PvP thread.

Maybe review the review?
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    death-note-keikaku-dori.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

As OP, and the person with the most posts in this thread, I would like to emphasize that this thread is not about pvp.

There were a few diversions, but the majority of the material in this thread is related to the incredible underperformance of magblade this patch.

It is an important and very relevant issue, as, beyond what I have posted here, I wasn't able to find a single magblade dps for the new trial until *well* into the 300's.

I would very much like this discussion to be moved to a more appropriate forum, where this discussion, that I feel is of fairly high quality, can be continued.

Thank you, and please,
    - a bedraggled, downtrodden pve magblade wallowing in a drainage ditch next to a thoroughly disused rural road, penniless, and watching other single target classes pull 40% more dps regularly in the current state of the game
  • Jasonnnsaurus
    Jasonnnsaurus
    Soul Shriven
    jecks33 wrote: »
    2nd worst tanking class

I have a tank for every class and Nightblade tank is by far the most complete and easy to use. He have the big mitigations in the game, incredible self healing, CC, costant stamina back even while blocking, speed buff.
    The only lack is group utility that affect stamina dps chars only.

I’d love to know the details of your tank build!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - a bedraggled, downtrodden pve magblade wallowing in a drainage ditch next to a thoroughly disused rural road, penniless, and watching other single target classes pull 40% more dps regularly in the current state of the game
    Awwww!
    Edited by fred4 on August 21, 2023 4:28PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

that was funny and made my day :)

what's really funny, now you know what it's like to try and talk pvp stuff - seems like there's some motivation to make the whole game mode disappear...

I will say though - as a magblade in pvp, you pretty much never have to die...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 21, 2023 4:38PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its 1 year old so some aspect changed for his build, also quite the necro,

From what I read I can tell the following is part of the build

Obviously dark cloack + mirage grant you 25% AOE damage mitigation and both resolve buff

Syphonning strike grant 4k stam after 20s or less if recasted sooner, using reave ult + syphonning strike its 200stam per LA/HA

as "OH CRAP heal" you have shrewd offering that can crit for 13k as a tank, dark cloak can go as high as 9k/s when it crit while stationary with ease, you can take it further with soul syphon ult that can heal you back to 100% in 4s and grant everyone a lifesteal synergy

Mass hysteria as CC and combined with power extraction you can reduce boss damage (mech based damage arent effected) quite a bit, major cowardice being roughly = to major protection alone

As utility/heal refreshing path grants all inside minor regen buff add major expedition while healing roughly 1.5k/s
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in June 2022. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.