The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "New Dark Chivalry Crown Crates" Article

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
q9ys70g6phjl.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Become A Parody Of Nobility With Dark Chivalry Crown Crate " blog article.

"Bring dishonor to both the tournament fields and battlegrounds alike with items and collectibles from the upcoming Dark Chivalry Crown Crates."

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in Dark Chivalry Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Luminous Meridian Charger
  • Wailing Shackler Wolf
  • Wealdspirit Bear

Apex Rewards:
  • Soulrazer Bear
  • Soulrazer Guar
  • Soulrazer Senche
  • Soulrazer Wolf
  • Soulrazer Steed
  • Soulrazer Knight

Legendary Rewards:
  • House Dufort Chandelier
  • Mages Guild Stained Glass
  • Crown Crafting Motif 68: Honor Guard Style
  • Crown Crafting Motif 66: Silver Dawn Style
  • Graniteclaw Durzog
  • Piebald Senche-Serval
  • Salamandrine Guar
  • Soulrazer Battle Axe
  • Soulrazer Bow
  • Soulrazer Shield
  • Soulrazer Staff
  • Soulrazer Sword
  • Ethertide
  • Mossblood Imp Epidermis
  • Reefdweller

Epic Rewards:
  • Monarch Hairpin
  • Scholar's Spectacles
  • Royal Courier
  • Za'ji's Sailing Apparel
  • Souvenir Conch Shell
  • Blue Fang Shark, Mounted
  • Mage's Flame
  • Cutting Edge
  • Royal Courier Hood
  • Society Domino Mask
  • Lover's Quandary Flower
  • Dawn's Avenger Helm
  • Amberdust Wamasu Hatchling
  • Heartland Butcher's Dog
  • Hermit Crab

Superior Rewards:
  • Defensive Rune Body Tattoos
  • High Isle Mariner's Body Tattoos
  • Knights of St. Pelin Body Marks
  • Defensive Rune Face Tattoos
  • High Isle Mariner's Face Tattoos
  • Knights of St. Pelin Face Marks
  • Dawn's Avenger Cuirass
  • Dawn's Avenger Gauntlets
  • Dawn's Avenger Girdle
  • Dawn's Avenger Greaves
  • Dawn's Avenger Pauldrons
  • Dawn's Avenger Sabatons
  • Glimmergreen Dovah-Fly
  • Mossy Vvardvark
  • Nightcrest Fellrunner
  • Ruby Fledgling Terror Bird
  • Screaming Midyear Nixad
  • Stoneglow Imp
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on August 1, 2022 2:48PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop putting furniture in crown crates!

Things like Mages Guild Stained Glass shouldn't be limited to crates. Not only is it way too expensive but they are very limited and when the season is over they will be impossible to get. And again, too expensive!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Things like Mages Guild Stained Glass shouldn't be limited to crates. Not only is it way too expensive but they are very limited and when the season is over they will be impossible to get. And again, too expensive!

Hard disagree. I've almost always got enough crown gems from free crown crates (or endeavors) to get the furniture I want, and I'd much rather have nice furniture to spend them on than gross face tattoos or weird flashy mounts.

You have three months to earn enough endeavors to get the furniture here, which is easily doable, and if you don't get them all, or as many as you want, then this set of crates will come back around eventually. But this current set of crates was one of my all-time favorites, and I managed to get everything I wanted, and duplicates of my favorite furniture items, without spending a penny. (Including four furniture items, two of them twice, two emotes, and a handful of pets.)
    Edited by amapola76 on June 20, 2022 7:00PM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    You have three months to earn enough endeavors to get the furniture here,

I disagree with you on the principle that we shouldn't have to spend 3 months to be able to get 1 furniture item to put in a house which no one else will see apart from a few people you invite versus saving it to get a mount which everyone who you ride past will be able to see.

They should have just put it in Luxury Furnisher or something like that. Not crown crates.

I really want the waterfall from the current crates, and have enough to get them. Am I gonna get them? No cos that's 3 months gone when I could have saved up for an apex mount which is more valuable in the grand scheme of things, cos you get to see it more often which is the point of cosmetic items (counting housing as cosmetic as it doesn't provide any real bonus)
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture in crown crates is bad for one simple reason: it is not a collectible that is one per account. Furniture items are used in multiple copies in one house or in different houses, and it is usually useless in less count that is needed by design. If you need 10 mage glasses for your idea, then you need 10, and 9 is the same as nothing. Trying to get the exact quantity from crates is such a pain, that it is so much safer to simply get rid of the idea.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop ruining skins by covering up their natural eye color. Some of these skins would look great if you didn't keep on covering up the eyes, every single time. Thankies.

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 20, 2022 8:59PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Furniture in crown crates is bad for one simple reason: it is not a collectible that is one per account. Furniture items are used in multiple copies in one house or in different houses, and it is usually useless in less count that is needed by design. If you need 10 mage glasses for your idea, then you need 10, and 9 is the same as nothing. Trying to get the exact quantity from crates is such a pain, that it is so much safer to simply get rid of the idea.

It's an absolutely horrible thing and it's just one more broken promise from when they first introduced the gamble boxes. Some of us have been here long enough to remember.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i care less about furniture. I really really wish they would leave motifs that drop in game out of the crown crates.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    k1vwjrub7yhw.png

9hsh42020kvh.png

Hope next crate has a pirate hat for High Isle
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not as exciting as the current season, but the skins could be nice. I like the butterfly hair pin and nixad pet. I'm also glad they included a new hairstyle (even if it's not my taste) and hope they will continue to do so in future crown crates. I wish they had some eyes or makeup, and I was expecting more of the datamined emotes and momentos.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another Crates Season without an Apex Camel. :'( 🐪
    Quit taking out the Apex Camels! (Also, PUT MORE CAMELS UP FOR SALE IN GENERAL. There's too many Senche, Wolves, and Horses all the time.)

Not a single crate out of the last FOUR have had an Apex Camel. (Grim Harlequin, Celestial, Sunken Trove, Dark Chivalry. Not since Iron Atronach)

Flame Atronach were the original crates to add a SKIN to the Apex tier and yet it still contained ALL of the mounts. (Senche, Bear, Horse, Camel, Guar, Wolf).
    Don't gyp us out of a Camel, or any of the others, for overpriced polymorphs, skins, costumes, or personalities. :s

Edit: added costumes and personalities to the overpriced list.
    Edited by meekmiko on June 21, 2022 12:41AM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the Soulrazer polymorph is good... got 25k Endeavours saved waiting for it!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »

Hard disagree. I've almost always got enough crown gems from free crown crates (or endeavors) to get the furniture I want, and I'd much rather have nice furniture to spend them on than gross face tattoos or weird flashy mounts.

You have three months to earn enough endeavors to get the furniture here, which is easily doable, and if you don't get them all, or as many as you want, then this set of crates will come back around eventually. But this current set of crates was one of my all-time favorites, and I managed to get everything I wanted, and duplicates of my favorite furniture items, without spending a penny. (Including four furniture items, two of them twice, two emotes, and a handful of pets.)

3 months, so ~90 days, with less than 250 seals from the weekly and less than 45 from the dailies...
    That's less than 7264 seals. So 2 items if ZOS is being very generous...
    Yeah, I'd rather have them put these on the luxury vendor because that one hasn't had a good deal in ... has it been years already?
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! Furnishings costing 100 gems is crazy--you have to spend a huge amount of crowns to be able to covert to gems (if you are lucky with the RNG), and also they are time-limited, unlike the crown menu furnishings. Either stop putting them in crates OR make them collectibles, so that at least we can add them in multiple houses.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

3 months, so ~90 days, with less than 250 seals from the weekly and less than 45 from the dailies...
    That's less than 7264 seals. So 2 items if ZOS is being very generous...
    Yeah, I'd rather have them put these on the luxury vendor because that one hasn't had a good deal in ... has it been years already?

Agreed that the luxury vendor is in need of some serious attention/love. I don't think we've even had new items added for Greymoor or Blackwood.

Jaimeh wrote: »

Agreed! Furnishings costing 100 gems is crazy--you have to spend a huge amount of crowns to be able to covert to gems (if you are lucky with the RNG), and also they are time-limited, unlike the crown menu furnishings. Either stop putting them in crates OR make them collectibles, so that at least we can add them in multiple houses.

While I like the idea of the furniture items being collectibles so you can put them in more houses, the flip side is that you can only ever put one in a given house. For some things, that's not really a problem, but if someone wanted to create a beautiful garden with multiple of the botany ponds, they couldn't. Or an aquarium with multiples of the two aquarium furnishings.

Not arguing against collectible furnishings in crates, just acknowledging the drawback if they were.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 22, 2022 6:54PM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least it’s only one costume in the crates, and one that was in the crown store beforehand.

Disappointing though that the spectacles are locked behind the crates.
  • HeavyESO
    HeavyESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bug: off-handing a soul razer sword applies the particle effect to the other hand.
    tgwilud89mhh.jpg