Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Horse too fast!

Strut6569
Strut6569
✭✭
I activated a passive skill that increased mount speed by 30%. (Alliance War, Assault, Continuous Attack, stage 1). Sounded like a good idea, but the increased speed is too fast!

Is there a way to "take it back" without having to reassign all my skill points??? Maybe a keyboard command I'm missing???
Edited by Strut6569 on June 17, 2022 9:12PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. I believe you'll have to do a skill respec to delete that passive.

That said, I shared your concern right after I got that skill (on a max trained horse). I found that I quickly got used to it however. What I actually love about it is that walking my horse is actually fun now because she walks at a nice clip.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to a respec shrine and take the one point out of the one skill. No need to redo all of your skills.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @meekmiko is correct but it will still charge a big gold fee, based on all allotted skill points. So it will indeed be simple, just expensive.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. I believe you'll have to do a skill respec to delete that passive.

That said, I shared your concern right after I got that skill (on a max trained horse). I found that I quickly got used to it however. What I actually love about it is that walking my horse is actually fun now because she walks at a nice clip.

I will try that. Maybe a brisk walk would be acceptable. Thanks!
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    Just go to a respec shrine and take the one point out of the one skill. No need to redo all of your skills.

That would be great! Thanks!

UPDATE: I did the respec and it was easy, but expensive! 15K gold to change the one skill back.
    Edited by Strut6569 on June 18, 2022 5:45AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For future reference you can always do respecs for free, although it's easier on PC than console.

Go to an armoury station or put your own somewhere. You can now restore your character for free from any empty slot. Ignore the warning and you'll find it unassigns every single skill point and attribute, mundus stone, vampire bit and werewolf bite. You can now reconfigure your character for free. Providing you keep one armoury slot unused (or you save the unconfigured toon into it) you can do this for free whenever you want.

On PC you can combine it with Dressing Room ( or alternatives) and Caro's Skill Point Saver. This gives you push button ability to save/restore skill and attribute settings, gear and slotted skills.

Too many toons not enough time