The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

moving from PC to Stadia?

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
Hi,

I played for 3 years on PC/Mac. I own everything but High Isle. One of the reasons I switched to other games was because I could run it on Ge Force, and ESO was melting my laptop (or I was running ugly low res). But having tried GE Force, I was impressed enough that I thought I should maybe try Stadia. But I had a lot of money invested in my PC/Mac purchases of expansions - will I need to re-buy all the expansions as well as paying for Stadia before I can link my PCNA toons to Stadia, or will I just need the Stadia account? I'm assuming that re-enabling ESO+ only needs 1 subscription.

Thanks in advance,
Rom

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Rom.

You need to buy the cheapest version of the base game through stadia, and link your account. You will then have everything you already have in stadia, and you can buy your future upgrades either through stadia or the official store.

You usually get a £10 voucher when you sign up to stadia, and ESO base game is £5 when on sale, so free! Stadia crown sales loosely overlap with official sales, but you sometimes have access to deals unavailable elsewhere.

There is speculation that stadia is shutting down, but nothing official has been announced.

Edit - as your stadia account is you pcNA account you only need one ESO+. You don't need a stadia subscription to play.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on June 15, 2022 10:19AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much Jim. Will see what happens!

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Romilly

As mentioned you will still have your entitlements after linking accounts. If you run into any issues please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS_Bill,

Yes, thanks!! I have actually run into a game breaking problem. My toons all live in the Valasayereid Ruins which I've massively customized. Stadia can't render it and crashes everytime I try to access a character. Ironically, this is one of the things that my gaming laptop can also barely handle (it gets unpleasantly hot), and if Stadia had been able to handle it would have enticed me back. Sadly not to be. I might still give nocp Cyrodiil a go, but the lack of addons makes the idea of fighting with my normal team unlikely.

I've filed a report w Stadia, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rom
    Edited by Romilly on June 16, 2022 4:20PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Romilly

Please check your forum inbox as we've sent you a PM to help out with your characters which are stuck.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Reaver999
    Reaver999
    ✭✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    Hi,

I played for 3 years on PC/Mac. I own everything but High Isle. One of the reasons I switched to other games was because I could run it on Ge Force, and ESO was melting my laptop (or I was running ugly low res). But having tried GE Force, I was impressed enough that I thought I should maybe try Stadia. But I had a lot of money invested in my PC/Mac purchases of expansions - will I need to re-buy all the expansions as well as paying for Stadia before I can link my PCNA toons to Stadia, or will I just need the Stadia account? I'm assuming that re-enabling ESO+ only needs 1 subscription.

Thanks in advance,
    Rom

I would just buy the base game, but any expansions or ESO plus buy on your PC account so if you ever go back or switch between Stadia and PC you will have them. What you buy for PC is playable on Stadia as long as you have the base game, but if you buy expansions or ESO plus through Stadia you will not be able to use them if you go back to PC.