The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

More space for special collectibles

Lady_Titania
Lady_Titania
✭✭✭
Please increase the amount of special collectibles we can place in our homes. 10 spaces for mounts, non-combat pets and house guest are NOT enough. Just having the merch, banker, deconer, and the 4 companions takes up 7 spaces. This leaves little room for mounts, non-combat pets and any of the other house guest we buy from the crown store. 25 spaces for non-eso plus players and 50 spaces for eso plus players would be extremely appreciated, as most players have multiple crown store bought house guest, non-combat pets and mounts, that we would all love to show off. Those of us with multiple houses would also love to theme our houses with specific house guest, non-combat pets and mounts, without needing to take out our essential (merch, banker, etc.) NPC's.
  • Fester82
    Fester82
    ✭✭
    Good point and I agree
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more, makes no sense not to increase it given that they continue trying to sell players a never-ending stream of pets, mounts, companions, assistants, and houseguests.

Only twelve ten spots for all that... I think ZOS trying to tell me to just stop buying new content from the crown store, or at the very least, kill my motivation for doing so.

Smh, ESO has such a poorly managed store and economy.
    Edited by rootkitronin on June 20, 2022 7:01PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even the limit on collectible furnishings is too low, between the undaunted trophies/busts, and then all the freebie statuettes and other collectible furnishings with function (like armory station) theres not enough room for those either
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lady_Titania
    Lady_Titania
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more, makes no sense not to increase it given that they continue trying to sell players a never-ending stream of pets, mounts, companions, assistants, and houseguests.

Only twelve spots for all that... I think ZOS trying to tell me to just stop buying new content from the crown store, or at the very least, kill my motivation for doing so.

Is it 12? Lunar Champion showed me 10 I believe. I could be wrong, but either way, the limit does need an increase..
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only twelve spots for all that... I think ZOS trying to tell me to just stop buying new content from the crown store, or at the very least, kill my motivation for doing so.

Is it 12? Lunar Champion showed me 10 I believe. I could be wrong, but either way, the limit does need an increase..

Omg you're right, it is only 10! :'(
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. There is even a quest in the new chapter that awards a furnishing. It's very cool but it's a collectible, so I had to remove one from my room to place it. :|
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All housing limits need to be revisited and, ideally, increased. Limits that were appropriate 6+ years ago based on hardware concerns of the ttime are hardly appropriate now.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • ItsBreezyBee
    ItsBreezyBee
    Soul Shriven
    I agree and would really love to see an increase to all limits, personally.
    Even double the special collectibles limit would be helpful, but more would absolutely be better, of course.
    I've gotten a lot of new stuff lately and have really been struggling with managing space. :/
  • Sinnammu
    Sinnammu
    ✭✭
    I also totally agree, please rework those limits!
  • Lady_Titania
    Lady_Titania
    ✭✭✭
    All housing limits need to be revisited and, ideally, increased. Limits that were appropriate 6+ years ago based on hardware concerns of the ttime are hardly appropriate now.

This is true, all the limits need increasing, guild houses are also starting to reach a limit with the amount of attunables that we need for all the crafting stations. As someone mentioned previously, even if a player decided to make a trophy house, it's impossible with the limitations that are set in place.
    Edited by Lady_Titania on June 20, 2022 11:44PM
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭
    These limits are absurd. It really discourages buying any more special collectibles in Crown Store, which if I would have known before, Id never have bought Relic-Apprentice Marafar, Erilthel or the serving lady (dont remember the name). Why would someone actually limit items which they want to sell?
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lunar champion house is actually worse, because you have to burn 4 collectible furnishing slots if you want to unlock the other rooms of the house lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lunar champion house is actually worse, because you have to burn 4 collectible furnishing slots if you want to unlock the other rooms of the house lol

Collectibles and special collectibles are different so the tablets don't remove from the limit for houseguests. The tablets share the same slot with ESO plus statuettes and undaunted trophies.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Lady_Titania
    Lady_Titania
    ✭✭✭
    I am well aware of this post as well.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update#latest

Being that ESO has undergone improvement since this post was created, I would assume that because this issue has persisted for so long, there would be some sort of plan to increase these limits in place?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Collectibles and special collectibles are different so the tablets don't remove from the limit for houseguests. The tablets share the same slot with ESO plus statuettes and undaunted trophies.

makes sense, although its still terrible that it eats those 4 slots, considering there are well over 110 undaunted trophies alone at this point (i also have about 40-50 other collectible furnishings between statuettes and other unlockables from museum quests like the singing wall from elsweyr)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update#latest

Being that ESO has undergone improvement since this post was created, I would assume that because this issue has persisted for so long, there would be some sort of plan to increase these limits in place?

Yeah 2020, was 2 years ago, even if ZOS hasnt done any improvements on their side, PC specs of majority of players have definitely gone up at least.
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
  • Ayalockheart
    Ayalockheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caupo wrote: »

Yeah 2020, was 2 years ago, even if ZOS hasnt done any improvements on their side, PC specs of majority of players have definitely gone up at least.

Except that the entire narrative of “why not” is the consoles…
    PC-EU @ayalockheart Open House List
    • Hall of Lunar Champion - Crystal Palace
    • Moon Sugar Meadow - Nordic Cabin ( Hytta )
    • Sleek Creek - Ivory Oasis
    • Earthtear Cavern - Welkynd Ruins
    • Dawnshadow - Château Blanc
    • The Gorinir Estate - Homestead
    • Thieve's Oasis - (WIP - on hold)
    • Black Vine Villa - TSS Rumare
    • Pariah Pinnacle - Frostguard Fortress
    • Forgemaster Falls - Fogimasuta Ryokan
    • Alinor Crest House - Halloween Party House ~ Will be open on 31/10/23
    • Cyrodilic Jungle House - Golden Mug Caffe
    • Stay Moist Mansion - Emberfall
    • Hunter's Glade - Lost Cult
    • Coldharbour Surreal State - The Pridwen
    • Velothi Reverie - The Perl among corals
    • Exorcised Coven Cottage - The Ground's Keeper Hut
    • Ravenhurst - The Drowsy Stag
    • Captain Margaux- Hallix's Elixirs
    • Flaming Nix - Hare Pines Cottage
    • Stillwaters Retreat - Hogsmeade
    • Panterfang Chapel - Seacrest Fort
    • Domus Phrasticus - Mielikki
    • Hammerdeath Bungalow - The Cottage
    • Mornouth Keep - Ivybury Estate
    • Serenity Falls - [WIP ]
    Comissions done
    Housing Guilds: Ars Gratia
  • Lady_Titania
    Lady_Titania
    ✭✭✭

While I do understand this, I do not understand why PC players have to suffer the same limitations. PC players are able to use addons, while console players are not. In the same sense, I don't understand why PC players wouldn't be granted a housing increase, because our systems can support it, while they figure out a way to catch consoles up to PC.

Thoughts?
    Edited by Lady_Titania on June 27, 2022 3:49PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I do understand this, I do not understand why PC players have to suffer the same limitations. PC players are able to use addons, while console players are not. In the same sense, I don't understand why PC players wouldn't be granted a housing increase, because our systems can support it, while they figure out a way to catch consoles up to PC.

Thoughts?

My thought is that you are totally correct. Why do us PC players have to be held back by consoles? My PC is still ancient but I don't at all appreciate that even when I do get myself a new one I'll still be limited by consoles which I don't even play.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is that the PC version has to be able to support all PCs, so they set the limit low for those guys still running Windows 7.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Exactly so! Even the megaservers and maintenances are separate for PC and Consoles. I think it is time to drop these stupid limitations for PC players and let us spend even more our hard earned money on crown store items for our virtual homes :D

P.S. Also PS5 and XBOX-X probably can handle increase in limitations on housing items, just sayin...
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    With the growing number of house-guests, pets, mounts and "vendor-type's" that come up in the crown store, the limit has stopped me from buying several of them because I prefer 1 main house over many, and I have no room for new ones.

Personal preference of course, but that's at least 1 person not spending money, and i cant be the only one. If at all technically possible, a raised limit would only amount to more sales.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is that the PC version has to be able to support all PCs, so they set the limit low for those guys still running Windows 7.

Like me lol. I built this PC in late 2011 with only a RAM and GTX 970 upgrade since then. I'm an ancient dinosaur until these PC component prices come back down to normal levels.
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭

Like me lol. I built this PC in late 2011 with only a RAM and GTX 970 upgrade since then. I'm an ancient dinosaur until these PC component prices come back down to normal levels.

Prices are back to normal levels now. But before I upgraded to my current computer this spring, I used to run similar specs to yours and apart from Alikir dolmens, computer could handle stable 60fps on max settings for 1080p resolution, it could definitely handle much more houseguests than 10 B)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prices are back to normal levels now. But before I upgraded to my current computer this spring, I used to run similar specs to yours and apart from Alikir dolmens, computer could handle stable 60fps on max settings for 1080p resolution, it could definitely handle much more houseguests than 10 B)

My computer can handle everything but Cyrodiil. It's an absolute slideshow and I have to lower settings.

I didn't used to have to do that. I have recordings from beta of pretty massive battles and it ran just fine unless there was a ton going on at once, like the Chalman Keep battle. Smaller battles in 2022 however punish my PC. Unplayable without lowered settings and even then it struggles.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My computer can handle everything but Cyrodiil. It's an absolute slideshow and I have to lower settings.

I didn't used to have to do that. I have recordings from beta of pretty massive battles and it ran just fine unless there was a ton going on at once, like the Chalman Keep battle. Smaller battles in 2022 however punish my PC. Unplayable without lowered settings and even then it struggles.

the lag in cyro is still a server thing, not a local thing

the PC/NA hardware upgrade certainly helped, but when ive been in grey host it can still get laggy with skills not firing off, although still nowhere near as bad as it was prior to the hardware upgrade

good hardware can only support bad code so much, one or the other is going to bottleneck

i have a 2nd desktop (my former main desktop) with similar specs to yours (16 GB ram and a 970 graphics card) and it still runs elder scrolls fine, definitely no issues at all loading into a complex player house

the limitations being imposed are to maintain performance on the older console generation (ps4 era)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Addons are not officially part of the game. Hard for a company to justify part of its customer base gets more than the rest when they pay the same price.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Addons are not officially part of the game. Hard for a company to justify part of its customer base gets more than the rest when they pay the same price.

Since in the character selection screen GUI features an official ADD-ONS selection tab, they must be somewhat official :)
    Edited by Caupo on June 30, 2022 11:13AM
  • SianTamzin
    SianTamzin
    ✭✭✭
    This issue would be resolved if the outdoors and indoors were treated as two separate instances with their own limits.