The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Forums: problem with aspect and loading

kwisatz
kwisatz
✭✭✭✭
So I have this weird problem for weeks now: forums are taking forever to load and appear with this very old style

dktnt9wwjd84.png

Of course I cleared cache, cookies, history, and tried other browsers without any result. Otherwise everything is working fine on my PC and browsers. I have no problem loading any other site.

First, I didn't think it was on my end, till I visited the forum at work and saw it working just fine.

I have no clue about programming, so I don't know if it's relevant or not, but inspection shows that:
20lprg98cxlh.png

Vintage might be okay, but eternal loading kills me.
Any suggestion?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 4, 2022 5:50PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kwisatz

Have you tried a selective startup to see if that will help?

Disabling background processes can be done by rebooting the PC into a selective startup. This will disable third party software running on the PC. Test the website under the selective startup and see if the issue persists.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried that and more, thank you @ZOS_Bill.
    I tried disabling AV and firewall, disabling browser extensions, and get every time that same issue with prod-eso-forum.css not loading.
    It's driving me crazy.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kwisatz

One more thing you can try out is creating a new Windows account and then loading the ESO website. This can help determine if there is something with the Windows settings leading to this issue.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Just tried this option you suggested, but no result either. :(
    Options
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: this morning, as usual, I opened ESO forum... Surprise! It's back to the current version! No vintage vanilla anymore.
    Strange thing: I didn't do anything, because I gave up some time ago.

Yet another unsolved mystery...
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update. Since the forum page has reverted back and resolved itself, we will now close this discussion.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.