Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zeal of Zenithar - What house will you buy with the 10% gold discount?

ivelbob
ivelbob
✭✭✭
With the discount on houses you can buy with gold during this event, I'm busy grinding out Hero of Daggerfall so I can get the Daggerfall Overlook. How about you?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saving Tel Var for the discount. Going to buy a ton of gear coffers.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Old Mistveil Mansion, Black Vine Villa, Cyrodilic Jungle house and possibly Captain Margaux place. We'll see.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. I unfortunately just bought Proudspire right before they announced the discount. Just my luck after I saved up the million and change necessary for it. Oh well.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I've been saving Tel Var for the discount. Going to buy a ton of gear coffers.

Hmm, haven’t got that Knight of the Circle thing done yet, maybe that counts too. I have AP but haven’t spent it yet.

I’d like the fancy Khajiit house (S’ren-Ja?) for my main character. Not sure if I can part with the gold but we’ll see.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no more houses to buy with gold right now lol, but if the discount is extended to everything, then i would also put my vote on tel var gear boxes lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old Mistveil Mansion, Black Vine Villa, Cyrodilic Jungle house and possibly Captain Margaux place. We'll see.

The Jungle House is very fun, great for those with a green thumb. I personally use the yard to the side of the house for an outdoor gazebo/grill. Hard part is the inside but ive seen creative people use the support rafters to their advantage.

@katanagirl1
    Don't you have to also compete in the Arena to get vouchers for Knight of the Circle pieces?
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »

The Jungle House is very fun, great for those with a green thumb. I personally use the yard to the side of the house for an outdoor gazebo/grill. Hard part is the inside but ive seen creative people use the support rafters to their advantage.

@katanagirl1
    Don't you have to also compete in the Arena to get vouchers for Knight of the Circle pieces?

I Hope not. I did the achievement for Old Mist but didn't think there was one for the jungle house. I'll go look.

I've seen some really great things done with the jungle house. Like you say a ton of plants would be fun.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »

@katanagirl1

Not sure which arena you are talking about. I’ll look it up and see.

EDIT: You need Arena Gladiator Proofs from the Conquest Board daily rewards in Cyrodiil and probably AP to buy these from the War Researchers in Cyrodiil.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Knight_of_the_Circle_Style

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Arena_Gladiator's_Proof
    Edited by katanagirl1 on June 9, 2022 5:08AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. I have the gold houses that I want and can see myself furnishing nicely. Everything else is either too huge, thus unusable, or crown (and too huge...).
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been considering Daggerfall Overlook for a very long time but just wasn't sure what to do with it. But I have a couple of ideas now so I think I'll go ahead and get it.

I may also buy up some of the apartments I don't have yet. I love turning them into shops and other businesses.
    PCNA
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    Strolling down the aisle and tossing small houses like Black Vine Villa and Twin Arches in my shopping cart like they're impulse buys at Target.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a good time to buy the big ones. A 10% discount is not much and will be most noticeable on the more expensive ones.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not 100 percent decided but probably one or more of the manors but hard to decide between them. Maybe Daggerfall Overlook but that's open to change yet.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strident Springs Demesne!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, there's going to be a 10% discount on houses bought with gold? Is it just a single house, or can we get a discount on multiple houses? Because I've still got several of the highest-priced houses to collect, and it would be awesome to buy more than just one of them.

As for which one(s), it would make the most sense to get the discount on the highest-priced house(s), since that would give you the largest discount.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    @SeaGtGruff You can get it on multiple houses
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ivelbob wrote: »
    @SeaGtGruff You can get it on multiple houses

That's going to be awesome. Thank you! :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about Waters Edge, I really like the clean lines, but I find the whole duplex thing off-putting...

PS5/NA
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing i can buy because i bought all in the past.
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    I plan on buying Autumn's Gate.

When does this event start anyway?
    The Gorinir Estate - Summerset Cottage | Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Cyrodillic Jungle House - Khajiiti Jungle Home | Lion's Cradle - Lazy Cat Landing | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Home | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I plan to eventually get all the faction manor homes for the achievements. I already have Dagerfall Overlook, I plan on getting the Ebonheart Chateau during this event, I don't want to leave myself too low on funds, and I don't want to have too many homes that need to still be decorated on hand either.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if that's the thing I'd probably get Coldharbour one, not sure why I didn't done this yet, maybe some others just for the sake of it as gold kinda useless currency nowadays.
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got the achievement to qualify for Daggerfall Overlook last night!

Going to pick up Hunding's Palatial Hall as well. I've seen some housing creators turn it into their own mini Hew's Bane with thief shortcuts and they are amazing!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on buying Autumn's Gate.

When does this event start anyway?

in 1 week (june 30)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 28 houses...don't think I'll buy another one :D
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my eye on the Alinor Townhouse for the longest time, but I'm not relishing the idea of furnishing it, as I haven't even finished the Psijic Villa, which I started 3-4 years ago.

I wouldn't mind looking for a medium-sized place somewhere close to amenities (wayshrine, merchant, crafting), but nothing springs to mind.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 28 houses...don't think I'll buy another one :D

im up to 69 houses (due to the new inn "closet" from high isle lol), but outside of that i have nothing im missing that costs gold lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My little High Isle apartment ended up costing more to decorate than many of my midsize homes. I wanted it mostly in High Isle style so by the time I purchased the patterns and style items and crafted the items I put a lot of gold into it.
    PCNA
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I love alinor townhouse, great location and awesome outside area
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I've had my eye on the Alinor Townhouse for the longest time, but I'm not relishing the idea of furnishing it, as I haven't even finished the Psijic Villa, which I started 3-4 years ago.

I wouldn't mind looking for a medium-sized place somewhere close to amenities (wayshrine, merchant, crafting), but nothing springs to mind.

One of the first houses I bought was the Khajiit one outside Rawl'kha. I believe it's medium-sized, and Rawl'kha has pretty convenient crafting stations.