The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PvE extremely easy

SlipKnot
SlipKnot
✭✭
Hello!

I would like to voice my concern about the difficulty in the pve content in the world.
I joined the game to explore Tamriel and I was very disappointed when I found the total lack of challenge.
I´ve been playing as a healer with a friend for a few days and I haven't even been able to level up those skills because they are not needed at all.
You can usually see people doing quest without equipment, just to make it more challenging, but even doing this, you cant earn that.
To me, this ruins what makes so special the TES saga, the inmersion, which is imposible to get when all the enemies are just creeps that dies with one or two attacks.

Its a shame that all the great work behind this game get ruined about just a basic thing.

I am aware that I can do dungeons or pvp but that's not the content that made me buy the game.

I would suggest a personal difficulty setting to address it but any other way of solving it would work for me.

Thank you for your time.
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 9, 2022 4:02AM
  • summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590162/overland-content-feedback-thread#latest

Check this thread.

And you are right it has become a problem and has got worse in recent years due to power creep.

Its interesting to see that new players are also experiencing these issues, and you are right that the foundation for the game is otherwise great. Its just lack of developer foresight and ignorance that is the issue.

• SlipKnot
    SlipKnot
    ✭✭
    summ0004 wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590162/overland-content-feedback-thread#latest

Check this thread.

And you are right it has become a problem and has got worse in recent years due to power creep.

Its interesting to see that new players are also experiencing these issues, and you are right that the foundation for the game is otherwise great. Its just lack of developer foresight and ignorance that is the issue.

Thanks! Ill check it.
    Totally, the base of the game its great, and i would love to keep enjoying it, but right now, its imposible to keep the interest in the game.

I think that set a personal pve difficulty that multiplies the damage taken from enemies and reduce the damage you made them, isnt to hard to implement and solve a huge part of the problem, cause the enemies has abilities that you dont need to dogde or block it.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SlipKnot wrote: »
    I think that set a personal pve difficulty that multiplies the damage taken from enemies and reduce the damage you made them, isnt to hard to implement and solve a huge part of the problem, cause the enemies has abilities that you dont need to dogde or block it.

Mixing together players who can one-shot everything they come across with players who want engaging, challenging fights is not a combo that works. No matter how difficult you make content for yourself, you will be surrounded by players who can stomp the enemies you are fighting in 2 seconds, short circuiting any challenge you are trying to create for yourself. The only effective way to do multiple difficulties is multiple instances. It is why for dungeons the dungeon itself is normal or veteran, rather than everybody going into the same dungeon and the individual players being set to normal or veteran difficulty. The difficulty others players face is intertwined with your difficulty in a multiplayer game. But having multiple instances of game world at different difficulties is what game had in the beginning and it was not very popular. It led to splitting up the player base and a lot of barely populated zones that looked desolate and dead.

This is a really difficult problem to solve in MMOs, where having busy zones buzzing with lots of other players is so critical to a game's success.

Basically, individual player difficulties only work if no one else is around. But having no one else around is something MMO designers don't want to see in their game.
  • SlipKnot
    SlipKnot
    ✭✭
    Thanks for te response, you are right, the difficulty was jus an idea that maybe helps to solve that, but yeah, the best solution is to make pve intances more difficult.

I supposed that if the developers preffer to attend the people that prefers to kill that "dangerous enemy that is killing all the people" with one shot, then the game is not for me.
    But i think that ruins the TES essence.

I regret paying for this game to much already...
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We have decided to close this thread as it seems to be a duplicate to another thread found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.