The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Escape from Amenos (Queen Ayrenn)

WikileaksEU
WikileaksEU
✭✭✭
Queen Ayrenn is not where the indicator shows (close to the Flooded Coast Wayshrine) and i have met a few players who had the same issue. Will this bug get fixed? I can't progress the main questline.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    [Edit]

Hey @WikileaksEU, it looks like this is a known issue that we have flagged for an upcoming incremental patch. The quest pip is displaying the wrong spot - we'll check with Dev in the morning as to where she actually is and get back to you. Thanks for your patience!
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on June 7, 2022 2:07AM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • WikileaksEU
    WikileaksEU
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @WikileaksEU are you able to provide any additional info? What step of the quest are you on? What server? May we get a character name? Does leaving the area and returning result in any changes?

Thank you!

Character name: Voodoh
    Server: PC EU
    Step: I searched for High King Emeric and then I have to go back to Queen Ayrenn.

I've tried leaving the zone but it did not help.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Character name: Voodoh
    Server: PC EU
    Step: I searched for High King Emeric and then I have to go back to Queen Ayrenn.

I've tried leaving the zone but it did not help.

Thank you! We checked in with our Content team this morning and they provided the following instructions on where Queen Ayrenn should appear:

There's a path directly from the Flooded Coast Wayshrine, going north, that will take you to a pile of bodies and then Queen Ayrenn will pop up and come over to you. The Wayshrine should be slightly northwest of where the map pin currently is.

Could you give that a try?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue, but the location Jessica pointed out worked for me and I was able to find the Queen and continue the quest.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    I followed the directions and found her, but she's not giving me the right dialog options to advance the quest.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayhjawk wrote: »
    I followed the directions and found her, but she's not giving me the right dialog options to advance the quest.
    Had the same issue. She's at the right location with the body but the dialogue didn't advance the quest.
    I relogged and it advanced when I chose ONLY the second dialogue option.
    Hope that helps.
  • WikileaksEU
    WikileaksEU
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she is where the corpse is, but the first time i went the several times she did not show up.
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not showing up for me either. Guess the story quest is on hold till they fix this.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    I found a new issue with this and it may be connected. Not sure...

You go talk to Caska, who tells you he will sniff out Ayrenn's trail. Only, he doesn't move.... You get your first trail marker nearby and, if you go to it, Caska eventually catches up. You get the next marker and can pick it up, but it continues to tell you to search the area with no more markers available and Caska constantly telling you that you are going off of the trail and refusing to budge.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    I did try the fix Jessica mentioned BUT it does not work for me. There are no bodies and no Queen Ayrenn.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I dropped the entire Escape from Amenos quest and went back to High Isle to pick it up. This time Caska ran to the three or four spots and then right to Ayrenn for a brief fight with bad guys.

So if you guys have this same issue I did, try that.
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue comes after Caska. I rescue the queen, go get her reagents for the storm spell, then go looking for Emeric.
    I get to the dead body propped on the rock, faintly hear the queen say (something like) "Well, that's inconvenient", but then she's nowhere to be found to talk to.

I could be wrong, but it feels like she's spawning underground/stuck in a hill/something like that.
    Edited by prof_doom on June 11, 2022 11:16AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILER

Is there a temporary workaroud for Emeric as well? I was lucky enough to find the queen on my own but now I'm in the Coral Cliffs delve looking for the king. A marker takes me into a cave within the delve then back out, then back and back out, in infinite loop.

Anyone else get this?

UPDATE:

OK, so I was jumping down from the cliff after exiting the cave mentioned above, which redirects you back into the cave. If anyone else is doing this: don't drop down.Take the rope bridges (three in all) and stay up top.
    Edited by tinythinker on June 12, 2022 12:54AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Ryssys
    Ryssys
    Soul Shriven
    prof_doom wrote: »
    My issue comes after Caska. I rescue the queen, go get her reagents for the storm spell, then go looking for Emeric.
    I get to the dead body propped on the rock, faintly hear the queen say (something like) "Well, that's inconvenient", but then she's nowhere to be found to talk to.

I could be wrong, but it feels like she's spawning underground/stuck in a hill/something like that.

I am having almost the same problem, save for the fact that I don't hear anything when finding the boddies. No trace of Ayrenn whatsoever.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still broken. She is nowhere to be found on that whole northern part, and there is also no sign of the King or Caska.
    I went through all her dialogue lines, was told I'd found the King and to return to her.
    I have completed all the original King/Queen questlines main game, so maybe that's related?
    Guess I give up till fixed -already been 10 days since reported though?
    Oh, and one of the enemy npcs remained red and unkillable on the ground before I moved off to get Emeric.
    Edited by merevie on June 17, 2022 9:51AM
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, no Ayrenn anywhere to be found.

EDIT: I got Ayrenn to pop by walking off the right side of the path, before the bodies. There is a large flat rock and she popped there.
    Edited by tspecherb14_ESO on June 18, 2022 2:52AM
  • Biafra
    Biafra
    ✭✭
    Tried the workaround that @ZOS_JessicaFolsom provided, no luck here either. Relog and /reloadui do nothing...
    Going to try and see if abandoning and restarting will work...

UPDATE: Abandon and restarting it worked with Casca. But Apparently when I hit the Ayrenn dialogue it cropped up again.
    Thankfully this happened while streaming so I was able to clip the relevant action.
    Edited by Biafra on June 19, 2022 9:09PM