Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mother's Sorrow, Medusa, or Order's Wrath

• Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why isn’t AY/Berserking Warrior being talked about in this discussion?
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    orders wrath is still good but they released a new set with firesong dlc that is slightly better (gourmand set from the overland)

Actually, Order's Wrath is still better than Gourmand (only a tiny bit however). A lot of people are being fooled by the higher crit damage number of Gourmand, but you have to remember Order's Wrath is also increasing your crit chance by more than what Gourmand is. They end up working out to be about the same, with Order's Wrath still coming out just ahead of Gourmand.

does gourmand work with drink or just food, because food is useless when you have the witch drink.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    Why isn’t AY/Berserking Warrior being talked about in this discussion?

When I asked, I was more concerned with Magicka builds. I guess it doesn't matter now.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quethrosar wrote: »
    orders wrath is still good but they released a new set with firesong dlc that is slightly better (gourmand set from the overland)

Actually, Order's Wrath is still better than Gourmand (only a tiny bit however). A lot of people are being fooled by the higher crit damage number of Gourmand, but you have to remember Order's Wrath is also increasing your crit chance by more than what Gourmand is. They end up working out to be about the same, with Order's Wrath still coming out just ahead of Gourmand.

does gourmand work with drink or just food, because food is useless when you have the witch drink.

pretty sure gourmand specifies food

in your case it would be better to go with orders wrath then
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quethrosar wrote: »

pretty sure gourmand specifies food

in your case it would be better to go with orders wrath then

In all cases it's better to go with Order's Wrath :D
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Medusa and Tzogvin have a problem: Barbed Trap dealing soo much damage, unlocking fighter's guild passives and giving the minor force buff at the same time.

I mean, come on. Unless you have a really good reason not to, you will use it. Frontbar, backbar, both work well.
    Following that rational you will have wasted at least the 5-piece bonus with Medusa and Tzogvin's. Who does that?

And the one thing that held back Mother's Sorrow and Leviathan was the 2-piece bonus being Max Magicka and Max Stamina.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that Medusa and Tzogvin have a problem: Barbed Trap dealing soo much damage, unlocking fighter's guild passives and giving the minor force buff at the same time.

I mean, come on. Unless you have a really good reason not to, you will use it. Frontbar, backbar, both work well.
    Following that rational you will have wasted at least the 5-piece bonus with Medusa and Tzogvin's. Who does that?

And the one thing that held back Mother's Sorrow and Leviathan was the 2-piece bonus being Max Magicka and Max Stamina.

So AY or Orders Wrath?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »

So AY or Orders Wrath?

Yes, AY is better if you need a front bar set and are using a melee weapon (greatsword or dagger). Order's Wrath is more of an armor set (where AY is terrible on armor because it is heavy, must use weapons and jewelry) and ideally active on both bars. AY also has no issues with running into a crit damage cap, where OW can be diminished by good group buffs.
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    If you can farm tzgozvins, that will be your best option. Great set 😁
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    I've put 2 cents in the coffer. So, here I go.

Firstly go over to ESOUI and get Combat Metrics and start comparing your builds. There is a ton of info there. But I'm guessing your ultimate goal is a high DPS? Then that's the only number you need to concentrate on. In the beginning anyway.

ESO Critical Damage - List of all Crit Damage Modifiers

The Thief and The Shadow Mundus Stones.

For me the items stats only tell a small part of the story. What does it take to get that set? Is much more important to me.

You wrote you wanted +crit for PVE. Orders Wrath does that and would be easy to get if you have High Isle. You only need three traits to build. Also some sets are Level 50 and higher. Not OW though. This set with the modifiers above will get your +crit you desire.

Mothers Sorrows is obtained overland in Deshaan. Medusa in Arx Corinium (just the name makes it sound too tough for me). As with Tzogvin's Warband. Its location is Frostvault, DLC Wrathstone, if you have plus (I don't). The 5th item in TW looks especially tasty though.

Here are a few CRAFTABLE sets that also have penetration. New Moon Acolyte (but takes 9 traits to build), Stuhn's Favor takes 5 traits, Legacy of Karth takes 6 traits to craft.

Other sets that +crit I find interesting are. Night Mother's Gaze. 6 traits to craft. Oblivion's Foe, 8 traits. Also has penetration. Claw of the Forest Wraith, 5 triats to craft. Coldharbour's Favorite doesn't add crit. But I found the 5th item to be interesting.

I feel the way to go, for PVE, is to find something you can craft. Then add the thief and all armor with Divines. Then with what other modifiers you can find. You'll have max crit in no time (I went to school with a kid named Max Crit).

You can have two full sets plus 2 items running at same time.

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 24, 2022 11:24PM