The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Keybind Modifiers (not working)

Navarril
Navarril
✭✭✭
Keybind modifiers are not working on PTS. Cannot create any keybinds using ALT, CTRL, SHIFT, etc. The last single keypress is the only one saved. At the time I'm writing this, the live server is working as expected.
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭
    keybind modifiers are not working on live servers aswell. u cant bind any key combos. this is just how this game works.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarril wrote: »
    Keybind modifiers are not working on PTS. Cannot create any keybinds using ALT, CTRL, SHIFT, etc. The last single keypress is the only one saved. At the time I'm writing this, the live server is working as expected.

What do you need keybind modifiers?

10+ years ago, when games required a player to have 20-30 keybinds for abilities, I can understand why some players used modifiers (or gaming mouses with a bazillion buttons).

But these days, they're really not needed.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    What do you need keybind modifiers?
    There are lots of reasons: emote shortcuts, companion call shortcuts, ....
    Or binding the character menu (C) to SHIFT-C for not accidentally open it, if you wanted to press X for synergy.

You always need this addon to do combos:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1046-Emacs.html