The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

How many people are going to play Tales of Tribute?

darvaria
darvaria
✭✭✭✭
I can never get a match. And the clues ... I've found all but 2 but can't find them. Even the Tales of Tribute tips sites aren't updating clues. I'm wondering how many people will play this? Probably the same 10 people every week on the leader boards is what I predict.

Has anyone else had a problem with some of the clues?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah tales is basically just a party game for two people and lacks the main appeal of a competitive card game; that being the ability to build your own decks in interesting ways. By making it so you get all the decks from the beginning, and unlocking more cards as you play (that your opponents get to use too) it makes the game more accessible, but loses longevity in the process. I also see it dying off fairly quickly after launch. RN, there's not many people left testing it on the PTS, and people that wanted a card game probably don't test things on the pts and therefore are not there to play. There's likely to be a dedicated but small community that'll arise.

The problem though is the game design. It's not really accessible or new player friendly; you don't have much time to read things when you're starting out, and the main way you'll get better at the game is practice and memorization. This game is akin to chess imo; people that play for a long time will dominate the game, and people that just play it for daily rewards, and new people that are trying it out, will get wrecked by long-time players.

Anyway, I'll be playing it regularly for the rewards. I think it's ok, but would have preferred TESL.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be playing it
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    Not me. Tried it once. So many rules, words so long! Billy Boyde tried to explain it but i guess im too stoopit
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sjestenka wrote: »
    Not me. Tried it once. So many rules, words so long! Billy Boyde tried to explain it but i guess im too stoopit

You add cards to your deck. Play cards for gold to buy cards with that gold. You don't keep your gold at the end of your turn, but strength is turned into prestige (points towards winning). You win if you reach 40 prestige. You also win if you get all 4 arrows on the right to point at you at the same time. All the rest of the rules and regulations in the game are just a means to these ends. For example, you can use Strength to attack a creature you opponent has out, which helps you by making your opponent have less advantage.

It's an... Ok system. Just a boring one based around drawing cards without the appeal of having 4 players, like Uno.
    Edited by merpins on June 3, 2022 8:56AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    darvaria wrote: »
    I can never get a match. And the clues ... I've found all but 2 but can't find them. Even the Tales of Tribute tips sites aren't updating clues. I'm wondering how many people will play this? Probably the same 10 people every week on the leader boards is what I predict.

The chapter isn't out yet. Once the chapter is out there will be a lot of players testing the card game on the live server. The Test Server is usually almost empty after the first few weeks.

Clues and Leads are usually found fairly fast once the update goes live.
    Edited by Alcast on June 3, 2022 9:27AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just not my 'thing' , doesn't 'float my boat' at all or even 'rock my world' . . . Has NO interest for me.. .. .. .. So, no I won't be playing. :)
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will depend on what the special rewards and incentives ZOS ties to playing it are.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, didn't even pre order yet. May just wait til sale.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will definitely play. Tried on PTS, enjoyed.
  • Midni
    Midni
    ✭✭
    I'm also very curious about how people will engage with Tribute and how the game will grow. I think it's fun in competitive play, with less predictable dynamics than when playing with NPCs. The NPC matches are pretty fun too, especially if you just want to play around with the cards, or try out different strategies creatively. Overall, the rewards are pretty sweet, win, lose, or achievement-wise. I hope most people will be at least curious about it.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGL I'm not much of a card gamer (My Pokemon TCG days are long behind me), but I could probably see myself getting into it if/when they decide to do tournaments and more decks are released.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be playing it, and helping my guildies and friends learn the game, because if the tutorial hasn't been improved, I really don't think that's a good way to learn. It's way too confusing.

I didn't like the game at first, but I kept playing it until I got comfortable with it, and it really grew on me. I like it a lot now. I've only played a few times against players, so that'll be interesting.

Rewards on the PTS for the dailies vs. NPCs have included some nice recipes and patterns sometimes, so that was good. Unfortunately, they've also continued to include junk clutter that we've been asking to have removed, like plain white foods. We'll see how that comes out when it hits live.

Big advantage to the game: It's relatively quick. A match usually runs no more than 15-20 minutes; but can be as short as five or so when it's a fast one.

I do wish there was an option in-game for observers. It'd be fun to watch others play, if they're willing to be observed. We'll just have to use Twitch or Discord streaming for that, I guess.

Btw, my background: I've been playing a fairly wide variety of board and card games for decades, but had never tried a deck-building game of this type.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Not at all.
    PC EU
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    darvaria wrote: »

The chapter isn't out yet. Once the chapter is out there will be a lot of players testing the card game on the live server. The Test Server is usually almost empty after the first few weeks.

Clues and Leads are usually found fairly fast once the update goes live.

Will be looking for updates. I just can't find 2 of these clues.

Players will be depending on the tips sites. A few friends of mine tried it and were just plain lost.

Edited by darvaria on June 5, 2022 7:53PM
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll be playing it, and helping my guildies and friends learn the game, because if the tutorial hasn't been improved, I really don't think that's a good way to learn. It's way too confusing.

I didn't like the game at first, but I kept playing it until I got comfortable with it, and it really grew on me. I like it a lot now. I've only played a few times against players, so that'll be interesting.

Rewards on the PTS for the dailies vs. NPCs have included some nice recipes and patterns sometimes, so that was good. Unfortunately, they've also continued to include junk clutter that we've been asking to have removed, like plain white foods. We'll see how that comes out when it hits live.

Big advantage to the game: It's relatively quick. A match usually runs no more than 15-20 minutes; but can be as short as five or so when it's a fast one.

I do wish there was an option in-game for observers. It'd be fun to watch others play, if they're willing to be observed. We'll just have to use Twitch or Discord streaming for that, I guess.

Btw, my background: I've been playing a fairly wide variety of board and card games for decades, but had never tried a deck-building game of this type.

For sure the tutorial is not sufficient. I think it will be a lot of ppl playing like the poster who have experience in board games.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the card game, and will probably be playing it way too much. :D Takes awhile to learn all the strategies, which, actually is awesome!!! Still learning atm on pts. Occasionally still have an npc kick my butt. That makes me laugh <3
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero interest in it for me. I'm annoyed that decent parts of the MMORPG have been cut out for a lot of players in order to accommodate a card game that few people wanted.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I will give it a go, I used to play Bridge and Canasta in the 70's but thats no help obviously, I watched some streams and videos and frankly do not understand it at all.

Praps Im just too old for it
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have substantially less than no interest in a CCG.

Nonetheless, I'm sure I'll give it a try eventually.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle