The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I demand equal time for Ember!

• Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    the funny cat person will always be a fan favourite in elder scrolls games

see: inigo, A-cat in wilburgur's oblivion series, razum-dar, maiq the liar and so on

Its a bit of a trope honestly. People tend to give Khajiit more exotic and colorful personalites to make them stand out. Argonians tend to get shafted and come across as more difficult to relate with and typecasted when attempted to be fleshed out, coming across as more bizzare and alien like Jee-Lar.

Out of all the recurring characters though, Damien stuck with me the most. He was a skirt chasing ass but a total bro you could rely on.

@Holycannoli
    An orc companion would be nice, but shake it up a bit beyond the stereotype. I want an orc who is articulate and philosophical but not overbearing. Like they'd play the dumb orc when it suits them, but could wax aurbic metaphysics with the wisest Altmer in a smooth baritone.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »

see: inigo, A-cat in wilburgur's oblivion series, razum-dar, maiq the liar and so on

Its a bit of a trope honestly. People tend to give Khajiit more exotic and colorful personalites to make them stand out. Argonians tend to get shafted and come across as more difficult to relate with and typecasted when attempted to be fleshed out, coming across as more bizzare and alien like Jee-Lar.

Out of all the recurring characters though, Damien stuck with me the most. He was a skirt chasing ass but a total bro you could rely on.

@Holycannoli
    An orc companion would be nice, but shake it up a bit beyond the stereotype. I want an orc who is articulate and philosophical but not overbearing. Like they'd play the dumb orc when it suits them, but could wax aurbic metaphysics with the wisest Altmer in a smooth baritone.

Well they did flesh out argonians a bit with Morrowing with Sun-in-Shadow and she was a terrible terrible person. I just want more interesting characters of every race, I feel like there's a lot out there, but some are more than others.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Holycannoli

I like my characters stereotypical lol. That's why I would choose an orc. If I wanted metaphysics I'd choose an altmer or maybe a breton mage.

I'd also love an imperial companion to go with my imperial character, because they're an underrepresented race and it would be purely for RP reasons.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Holycannoli

I like my characters stereotypical lol. That's why I would choose an orc. If I wanted metaphysics I'd choose an altmer or maybe a breton mage.

I'd also love an imperial companion to go with my imperial character, because they're an underrepresented race and it would be purely for RP reasons.

Bastian is an Imperial https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bastian_Hallix
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    @Holycannoli

Is he a mage? I don't have him.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    @Holycannoli

Is he a mage? I don't have him.

Lorewise, yes. In actual practice, no. He can't use his ult with the weapon he's recommended to play with. He's a good tank though.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Appreciate all the love for Ember! If you missed it, we did share a profile on Ember in the beginning of May. You can check that out, here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Isobel is getting attention because of Laura Bailey, because...I mean..Laura Bailey :D

I don't know who that is.

She's a famous voice actress who also appears in Critical Role on Twitch. She's done voices for Serana in Skyrim and several other characters across many video games.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I think Isobel is getting attention because of Laura Bailey, because...I mean..Laura Bailey :D

I don't either. I am going to go with Ember as my first ever companion. I don't have much use for an uptight Breton "knight" whether male or female. Much better a rather more flexible (in MANY ways) Khajiit I think!

I wont like Isobel for her character either, but I looove Laura Bailey as a person because she's just simply amazing
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

I don't either. I am going to go with Ember as my first ever companion. I don't have much use for an uptight Breton "knight" whether male or female. Much better a rather more flexible (in MANY ways) Khajiit I think!

I wont like Isobel for her character either, but I looove Laura Bailey as a person because she's just simply amazing

I don't care about voice acting/actors. Whole thing is annoying.

Silence IS golden.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will spend some time with Ember - but I got as well somewhat attached to Mirri and I could just hug her, when she is approaching me after a fight with a sexy hip swing saying "uh, that was quite a bit of a warm up" - she is adorable.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember to have seen Maiq when I started to play ESO - I met him in the harbor section of Daggerfall near the Harborage. But since then I never again came across him. Is he even still in the game?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MJ202 wrote: »
    Question about Ember's likes and dislikes:

I watched several YouTube videos on Ember. One video seemed to suggest Ember would react negatively if you steal. That didn't seem to make sense based on what others were saying.

As I re-watched the video which seemed to show Ember reacting negatively to stealing, I noted Ember appeared to react negatively to the fact the character was actually caught while stealing.

So does Ember react to being caught in the act or does Ember react to the act itself?

In general, Ember likes stealing (though she doesn't actively give positive rapport for every instance of thieving activity) and dislikes getting caught or willingly paying a bounty to a guard.

Here's a list of compiled rapport data for the new companions from PTS.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

I remember to have seen Maiq when I started to play ESO - I met him in the harbor section of Daggerfall near the Harborage. But since then I never again came across him. Is he even still in the game?

he's still in the game, yeah. i bump into him from time to time
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My arcanaeum, my rules.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true Reachman with the voice of the guy in front of Markarth (the one offering a true Reachman challenge) would definitely be a companion for my Nord female - preferably with a scotish accent.

Ah well, and a copy of the bosmer lady, who runs Cyrodillic collections in Lilmoth, I like her enthusiastic voice. She is trouble in person, but I really like her nevertheless.
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    I will spend some time with Ember - but I got as well somewhat attached to Mirri and I could just hug her, when she is approaching me after a fight with a sexy hip swing saying "uh, that was quite a bit of a warm up" - she is adorable.

Oh yeah, oh yeah, and i just stand next to her and hit /whisper and it's like we kiss or something <3
  • Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    lol, personally I think Ember will be popular.. maybe a little too popular with the furries that populate the zone at 4am :)
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭

...............I can't even fathom this statement....
  • GoldenGirl
    GoldenGirl
    ✭✭✭

Yes, M'aiq is still around. I think he has three or four points in each zone where he could spawn. There's also an achievement (I Like M'aiq) and dye (Liar's Linen) you can get for talking to him in every zone.

A true Reachman with the voice of the guy in front of Markarth (the one offering a true Reachman challenge) would definitely be a companion for my Nord female - preferably with a scotish accent.

I second this! A GOOD Scottish accent though, so many of the accents in the game are.. well.. not that great. :wink:

Edited by GoldenGirl on June 4, 2022 12:19PM
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...............I can't even fathom this statement....

Lol ikr?

I wish Travis would voice a companion. Now that is one I would use all the time. Or Matt.
  • theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not convinced I want a companion.
    Eric Dikkersun - Achernar - EZE - theendoftheriver - Orion Silvercuff
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted to like the Ember character, but honestly I just couldn't get past her voice acting and writing.

I was hoping for this edgy street-wise khajiit that clawed her way up through the societal underbelly... instead, she is none of those things and ends up coming off as very two-dimensional. She seems very naïve, uncertain, apologetic, plus every time she talks I feel like I'm talking to Moira from Craterside Supply.

I'm sure some people will absolutely love all of that, but I was hoping for more of a badass partner in crime, especially based on the first images we saw of her, she definitely looked like someone you didn't want to be on the wrong side of - someone that could teach you a thing or two, not some bubbly kitten who is always wondering if they're in trouble when you talk to them.