The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I demand equal time for Ember!

Iselin
Iselin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
All of these article about boring little Isobel and nothing about the true star of the High Isle show, Ember?

Ember will be everyone's favorite companion in a couple of months. Just wait and see. You heard it here first,
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the funny cat person will always be a fan favourite in elder scrolls games

see: inigo, A-cat in wilburgur's oblivion series, razum-dar, maiq the liar and so on
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »

see: inigo, A-cat in wilburgur's oblivion series, razum-dar, maiq the liar and so on

As far as I'm concerned Raz is the main character of AD, the queen can kick rocks
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Even compared to those other notorious Khajit she's special. I didn't do much on the PTS so as not to spoil it for myself but I did do her quest line. She and her friends just ooze personality and are all very endearing.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like Ember but Isobel it's what everyone needs in a companion
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Isobel is getting attention because of Laura Bailey, because...I mean..Laura Bailey :D
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True. That is something that um... from the lack of better term kinda bothers me. Not that a lot of people likes them, but rather the consequences of it, in a broader perspective

When ZOS is adding new content (yes, even something as basic as a loading screen art) they have a formula for it (they showed it during some eso live stream in the past). Often they need to add something beast - race related. So they look up some metrics what is more popular. There are 2 beast races in ESO - Argonians & Khajiits. And since cat people are way more popular than lizard people, then there is almost 0 chances for Argonians to recive something nice. And you probably can see that trend in ESO. Just compare which of them gets more attention. The disproportions are staggering.

There are so many cool things they could have add. After a while it gets kinda boring tbh & even um "overused" I guess...
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Isobel is getting attention because of Laura Bailey, because...I mean..Laura Bailey :D

I don't know who that is.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't either. I am going to go with Ember as my first ever companion. I don't have much use for an uptight Breton "knight" whether male or female. Much better a rather more flexible (in MANY ways) Khajiit I think!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"In video games, Bailey has voiced Rayne in the BloodRayne franchise, Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft, Rise Kujikawa in Persona 4, the Female Protagonist in Persona 3 Portable, Chun-Li in Street Fighter, Serah Farron in Final Fantasy XIII, the title role in Catherine, Serana in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard, Oriana Lawson in Mass Effect 3, Lucina in Fire Emblem: Awakening, Abigail "Fetch" Walker in Infamous Second Son and First Light, Fiona in Tales from the Borderlands, Nadine Ross in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and The Lost Legacy, and Kait Diaz in Gears of War. In 2020, she starred as Abby Anderson in the video game The Last of Us Part II, for which she won the BAFTA Award for Best Performer in a Leading Role and Best Performance at The Game Awards."

I remember her best as Serana in Skyrim Dawnguard where she's a vampire companion.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

"In video games, Bailey has voiced Rayne in the BloodRayne franchise, Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft, Rise Kujikawa in Persona 4, the Female Protagonist in Persona 3 Portable, Chun-Li in Street Fighter, Serah Farron in Final Fantasy XIII, the title role in Catherine, Serana in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard, Oriana Lawson in Mass Effect 3, Lucina in Fire Emblem: Awakening, Abigail "Fetch" Walker in Infamous Second Son and First Light, Fiona in Tales from the Borderlands, Nadine Ross in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and The Lost Legacy, and Kait Diaz in Gears of War. In 2020, she starred as Abby Anderson in the video game The Last of Us Part II, for which she won the BAFTA Award for Best Performer in a Leading Role and Best Performance at The Game Awards."

I remember her best as Serana in Skyrim Dawnguard where she's a vampire companion.

There's a reason I turn voices off.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Only ones I know are Rise, P3 fem protag and Serana. Never knew that they had the same voice actor.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these article about boring little Isobel and nothing about the true star of the High Isle show, Ember?

Ember will be everyone's favorite companion in a couple of months. Just wait and see. You heard it here first,

A lot of us can relate to Isobel...

I for one always wanted to be a pretty young Paladin...

What?
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True. That is something that um... from the lack of better term kinda bothers me. Not that a lot of people likes them, but rather the consequences of it, in a broader perspective

When ZOS is adding new content (yes, even something as basic as a loading screen art) they have a formula for it (they showed it during some eso live stream in the past). Often they need to add something beast - race related. So they look up some metrics what is more popular. There are 2 beast races in ESO - Argonians & Khajiits. And since cat people are way more popular than lizard people, then there is almost 0 chances for Argonians to recive something nice. And you probably can see that trend in ESO. Just compare which of them gets more attention. The disproportions are staggering.

There are so many cool things they could have add. After a while it gets kinda boring tbh & even um "overused" I guess...

I mainly came to be annoyed with this pattern because it feels like they are turning Khajiit into comic relief. They are no longer an enigmatic and mysterious, nearly alien race with a spiritual connection to celestial bodies, they are clowns.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

I mainly came to be annoyed with this pattern because it feels like they are turning Khajiit into comic relief. They are no longer an enigmatic and mysterious, nearly alien race with a spiritual connection to celestial bodies, they are clowns.

yea on some level the elder scrolls games do have room for a sense of humour but i do think bethesda and even zos can often be quite juvenile with their style of humour

which yeah, that has a place too. it's okay to be silly and low-brow with the humour in these games but sometimes i think they fall back on it a bit too much
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cnyhzvv4wft1.png

I thought Khamira was pretty serious..... like always pretty much

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once High Isles drops 90% of companions used will be Ember, she doesn't need more attention. That's why ZOS gave her that hair to counter her rough furry cuteness.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like men/male characters. I'm sad we are getting 2 females and no males. Totally unfair. :disappointed:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    I like men/male characters. I'm sad we are getting 2 females and no males. Totally unfair. :disappointed:

That just means that the Warden and Necro Companion will probably be Dudes to Balance everything out

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will come in the next few days.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    Bekkael wrote: »

That just means that the Warden and Necro Companion will probably be Dudes to Balance everything out

An Argonian, and another elf. Bosmer Warden?
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭

I remember her as Kira Carsen in Swtor.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The fact that she’s a Breton and this is an expansion about Bretons tends to align with the focus on her as well
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know, I want a gruff battle-hungry orc companion.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, once I believed that the top of dorkiness was by Bastian, saying that "this is the last one" just when we were to be mobbed. Now that I have heard Isobel wanting to go and buy a present for her friend in the middle of a dungeon, I reconsidered.
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question about Ember's likes and dislikes:

I watched several YouTube videos on Ember. One video seemed to suggest Ember would react negatively if you steal. That didn't seem to make sense based on what others were saying.

As I re-watched the video which seemed to show Ember reacting negatively to stealing, I noted Ember appeared to react negatively to the fact the character was actually caught while stealing.

So does Ember react to being caught in the act or does Ember react to the act itself?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Even a high quality voice actor won't make a companion any less annoying to have around.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MJ202 wrote: »
    Question about Ember's likes and dislikes:

I watched several YouTube videos on Ember. One video seemed to suggest Ember would react negatively if you steal. That didn't seem to make sense based on what others were saying.

As I re-watched the video which seemed to show Ember reacting negatively to stealing, I noted Ember appeared to react negatively to the fact the character was actually caught while stealing.

So does Ember react to being caught in the act or does Ember react to the act itself?

If it's the act itself then we were sold something and it wasn't delivered. I believe it's being caught though.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Until that video came out, I had never heard of Laura Bailey.
    Edited by Tornaad on June 2, 2022 2:35AM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inigo remains the platinum standard for companion in any game. Sammy challenges you to a duel of fairy floss cones if you disagree :D

Having said so, yes, what’s happening with Ember promo? Her agent got lost in the boat trip from High Isle to Glenumbra? The missive got waylaid by the Thieves Guild? The people and mer demand answers @ZOS_Kevin 😹