Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chapters and PTS

ZeroDPS
ZeroDPS
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys anybody knows if I dont own new chapter will I be able to play it on PTS?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 31, 2022 1:51AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can. You’ll need to roll a templat character, at least for playing the new content.
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Yes you can. You’ll need to roll a templat character, at least for playing the new content.

thx
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually no you can't.

That was the case for the first couple of weeks but since Patch 8.04 on May 18th you can only go do High Isle content if you preordered.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/605400/pts-patch-notes-v8-0-4#latest
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Actually no you can't.

That was the case for the first couple of weeks but since Patch 8.04 on May 18th you can only go do High Isle content if you preordered.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/605400/pts-patch-notes-v8-0-4#latest

Ok. Oops. And interesting.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from actual experience...

I haven't pre-purchased High Isle.

I have created a max level template and the character is on High Isle. The quests are available to that character. Today.
    PC EU
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have created a max level template and the character is on High Isle. The quests are available to that character. Today.

Did you create that character today, or before the restriction was introduced?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Did you create that character today, or before the restriction was introduced?

Today.
    PC EU
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Gina said on their last stream that you should still be able to create template characters even if you haven’t purchased High Isle. You just can’t import your own characters.
    They may have lifted that restriction by now, though. No idea. They said they implemented it just for bug testing.
    Edited by NeuroticPixels on May 30, 2022 4:13PM
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    iam looking foward to the future this game..
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can in fact go there with existing characters if we create a new one first. I just took the "Boat to High Isle" from Grahtwood with one of my older characters.

Some updates since I last visited on PTS:
    • The new OST is playing. A lot sounds rather bland to me so far, but the bards are playing a new instrument. I saw it before and yet still expected a lute somehow.
    • There are map symbols for Tales of Tribute clubs in chapter and base alliance zones.
    • The Tales of Tribute AI use the Treasury patron now, so they're better at accumulating gold. I'm not sure how effective that is for them yet, because I bought the armory card.
    • The Temple of the Winds still doesn't have active shrines. We don't need another set of rededication shrines, but I'd like a new one each year anyway.
    Edited by kaushad on May 30, 2022 6:48PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post