The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Annihilarch's Chosen motif

• Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don't get it, why does Oblivion Portals spawn in Deadlands?

It would be the same as having Dolmens in Coldharbour. ^_^

But seriously though whats the Lore behind the "invading" portals in his own realm, anyone knows?
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »
    EF321 wrote: »
    Umbro100 wrote: »
    If you are farming this motif, Map Pins addon will show you the portal locations.

If you are on console, I've reposted the map below
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-blackwood-oblivion-portals-map/

hello ! I killed the last boss in a blackwood portal at least 10 times today and no motif. trying for the first time. does it drom form blackwood portals too or only The deadlands one ?

From the Deadlands portals.

But these take you to exact same dungeon?

pbc2mbe1e3gs.png

At least the Crown Store Showcase tell so.

Weird. Treasure chests in these even drop Blackwood overland sets. And entering portal in Deadlands counts towards Blackwood achievement.

I'll have to test this... once... it is off cooldown.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    Pretty sure that all of the motifs that have been released after Summerset are on cooldown (...)
    Motif pages that have a chance to drop as daily quests rewards have a cooldown (per account) since an update after Dragonguard DLC was released: I recall getting several Dragonguard motif pages per day before that update that introduced the cooldown.
    (...) I killed the last boss in a blackwood portal at least 10 times today and no motif. trying for the first time. does it drom form blackwood portals too or only The deadlands one ?
    The Atoll of Immolation is a section of the Deadlands accessible from Oblivion Portals in Blackwood and the Deadlands.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    At least you got something ... I have zero for 40 attempts.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are farming this motif, Map Pins addon will show you the portal locations.

hello ! I killed the last boss in a blackwood portal at least 10 times today and no motif. trying for the first time. does it drom form blackwood portals too or only The deadlands one ?

pbc2mbe1e3gs.png

Weird. Treasure chests in these even drop Blackwood overland sets. And entering portal in Deadlands counts towards Blackwood achievement.

I'll have to test this... once... it is off cooldown.

Ok, so after doing second boss with no page inside portal entered from Blackwood, I realized that there is a difference after all, since final chest drops Blackwood overland items. And they are two separate instances:
    jvd1l489kybv.png

Don't go in Blackwood portals.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    How very ZOS to have multiple things named the same but that are different in mechanics!

Btw, is there a feeling on whether the cooldown is 20 hours from last drop, or reset with writs at re-stock time?

Edit: Cooldown would seem to be when writs reset, I got a motif last night when playing and today at lunchtime got my second! (much less than 20 hours space between drops).

Edited by Maythor on May 26, 2022 1:09PM
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The loot tables for Atoll of Immolation are different for Blackwood and The Deadlands.

Another difference is the ambient music at the Atoll of Immolation, depending on where you entered:
    • "Deadlands Suite" from the Blackwood OST can be heard if you entered the portals that appear in Blackwood.
    • An unreleased track added with the Deadlands DLC can be heard if you entered the portals that appear in the Deadlands.
    Edited by Maitsukas on May 26, 2022 12:59PM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

The loot tables for Atoll of Immolation are different for Blackwood and The Deadlands.

Another difference is the ambient music at the Atoll of Immolation, depending on where you entered:
    • "Deadlands Suite" from the Blackwood OST can be heard if you entered the portals that appear in Blackwood.
    • An unreleased track added with the Deadlands DLC can be heard if you entered the portals that appear in the Deadlands.

Never noticed difference in music, thanks!

That is an epitome of lazy paid content. Copy Paste -> Change music -> Change Loot table for final chest only (random chests still drop blackwood stuff!). Done. At least for dragons and harrowstorms they had to create new sites.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farmed the final boss for around 2 hours yesterday evening and got one blue furnishing plan and no motif chapter. I honestly don't care what the cooldown is if it's going to require grinding several hours per day for a chance at a motif chapter. Yet another example of ZOS not understanding what people find to be fun and engaging.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭

I fully confirm this information. About 35 attempts were from blackwood - zero drop. From deadlands - on the first try.
    Edited by Thretion on May 26, 2022 7:22PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thretion wrote: »
    I fully confirm this information. About 40 attempts were from blackwood - zero drop. From deadlands - on the first try.

After farming for 2 hours yesterday with no luck, I will eat my shorts if I get a page to drop on the first boss kill today...
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So..

I am confused...

which is normal i guess...

but where exactly do these things drop from?

this is why i feel that the tool tips should be more exact...

@ZOS_Kevin i just want to point out that mass confusion is not great for your game.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    So..

I am confused...

which is normal i guess...

but where exactly do these things drop from?

this is why i feel that the tool tips should be more exact...

@ZOS_Kevin i just want to point out that mass confusion is not great for your game.

Goto The Deadlands area, enter an Oblivion portal .. fight all the way through to the final boss, kill it repeatedly until you get a motif in the reward chest that spawns.

Repeat tomorrow (if you wish).
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pbc2mbe1e3gs.png

Thank you, I was farming the wrong place 😢
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭

But seriously though whats the Lore behind the "invading" portals in his own realm, anyone knows?

Just testing maybe? ZOS can learn from the lore it made. Insert aliens guy meme with "testing" text.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have had 1 each day. Second was roughly 20 hrs after first. Third roughly 16 hrs later. Seems the drop reset chance resets with daily writ timer. Not a guaranteed drop. 6 kills day 1. 5 day 2. 2 day 3. No second seen at all on my travels.
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 1 per day, per account, like a lot of motifs now.

...and yes, only The Deadlands portals.

If you are on PC, get map pins, go to filters, scroll to the portal option at the bottom and turn it on. Then run around the possible spawn locations until you have a live one.

If you are on console, I guess just run around....

Oops, map posted above... Run around using a map...
    Edited by pklemming on May 27, 2022 10:55AM
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭

Is the drop rate low? I got it on time two and many of the other people seemed to be getting it quite fast.

Just my anecdote, but I farmed the big guy for about an hour and a half straight and didn't get it. Gave up for that day and went to bed. Next day I got it on first try. Real shame that my first attempt on a new day locked me out of getting more for the rest of the day.
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days on the run, killed end boss, got motif, left. No spawn repeats. I doubt it is based on damage, cos that would suck. Think I just had good rng.
    Edited by pklemming on May 27, 2022 12:30PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st day: Farming wrong location, no drop
    2nd day: Drop on 2nd try
    3rd day: Drop on 1st try

Drop rate seems okay, but it feels kind of awful that you can't actually farm these. Feels more like a log in reward than anything else.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The link shows the Blackwood portals.

The motif is only available from the Deadlands portals.

Please consider linking to a Deadlands portals map. I understand that folks that play on PC/NA and PC/EU have addon that shows the Deadlands portals. Folks that play on PS/NA, PS/EU, XB/NA, and XB/EU would benefit from a Deadlands portal map link. Thanks!
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Drop rate seems okay, but it feels kind of awful that you can't actually farm these.

That's my impression, too. So far I got one every day either first or second try.

I'm ok with the daily cooldown, though. Almost guaranteed drop once a day is so much better than the ancestral motifs locked behind multiple layers of RNG.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    1st Day: 4th try
    2nd Day: 1st try
    3rd Day: almost 2hrs and still no drop. one more try and calling it a day

• Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ludlfhxwge9q.jpg
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    It is 1 per day, per account, like a lot of motifs now.

...and yes, only The Deadlands portals.

If you are on PC, get map pins, go to filters, scroll to the portal option at the bottom and turn it on. Then run around the possible spawn locations until you have a live one.

If you are on console, I guess just run around....

Oops, map posted above... Run around using a map...

do you know if Minotaur and Order of the Hour motifs from Gold Coast are also 1 per day per acc ?
    Edited by bruta on May 28, 2022 12:00AM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This came up on an ESO Live or some such stream, and the answer was basically that Dagon likes keeping his own minions on their toes by giving them things to battle.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will probably never disclose the motif cooldown, leaving new and inexperienced players to farm endlessly at great frustration.

Luckily some content creators have tried to document and spread the word about the vaguely secret but also widely observed 20 hour cooldown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HrzwO1qcOA
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely not a "20 hour cooldown", so your "content creator" might want to check their data. I got one motif relatively late yesterday on each of my EU accounts and now they both received one again. So it's much more likely that things are as has been suggested in this thread - one motif per day per account and daily reset is when daily quests reset, too.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the awesome addon "Item Cooldown Tracker" added the motif then we could track it:)
  • dragonknightjohn
    So can you just leave a character camp in the final boss endlessly or do you have to repeat the whole instance once per day?