The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Annihilarch's Chosen motif

Gorø
Gorø
✭✭✭
Is it me or does it seem to have a one motif per day cooldown? I did around 30 to 50 runs and I was only getting one axe page and that's it. Why do ZOS bother with cooldown on motives :(
Anyways, share your experience about it here, hopefully, someone will confirm that they got it twice a day.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely on cooldown. No farming allowed.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be in line with other motifs from dailies. Wayward Guardian was like that as well if I remember correctly.
    I don't like it, mainly because that artificially keeps the value of motif pages up and forces everyone to do dailies because the store prices are too high. And dailies aren't the most engaging content.
    If you wanted to be pessimistic it might be because ZOS wants to make obtaining the motif as difficult as possible to encourage people buying the motif from the crown store. Oh would you look at that, they already put it in the store!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got drop on first kill of end boss, 45 minutes later still no second drop.

Anyone try a second character to see if it per character or account?
    Edited by majulook on May 25, 2022 6:19PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if cooldowns like this were disclosed in the items tooltips.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Kevin

Please pass this on.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree! freaking tell us when you are doing cooldowns. and tell us what it is!

And on the subject of these cooldowns, why are some in the game 20hr and some on motifs 24hrs? it makes it super hard to track and know when you are off cooldown.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are farming this motif, Map Pins addon will show you the portal locations.

If you are on console, I've reposted the map below
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-blackwood-oblivion-portals-map/
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Now on Second character 45 minutes no Motif drop.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about this motif but I would like for zos to verify cooldowns for other drops like the morrowind motifs that you get fom stealing, that way I don't waste my time.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    I don't care about this motif but I would like for zos to verify cooldowns for other drops like the morrowind motifs that you get fom stealing, that way I don't waste my time.

Yes, we should know about cooldowns, for all us players know its could be once a week, or once a month....

There is lots to do in this game. I would rather not try for something that's not going to happen do to cooldown.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are it may not be a hard cooldown but because people are camping the instance its not refreshing the drop. But as ever no real wsy to test that theory and if the hard cool down exists. Will it reset with the dailies, struct 20hrs or willl the 20hr timer reset every kill. 😬
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that all of the motifs that have been released after Summerset are on cooldown. You guys are some real Johnny Come Lately's
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on main went to anol and first kill (amazingly enough top of the hour) 1central got a motif.
    Chat was saying one per account however some were claiming guild mates reporting getting another on a different toon.
    I logged off and went with a second toon immediately. it is now 4:17 central and no second one as of this time. I am good for at least 2 more hours of testing the toon swap theory but it does not look good as of now.

I agree, I think it should be stated that there is a cooldown and how long when there is one.
    Edited by Merenwen_812 on May 25, 2022 9:22PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Cooldowns should be posted in the descriptions/tooltips.

2. The drop rate should be higher if they are going to enable cooldowns.

It's the typical game store of create a problem and sell the solution - keep the drop rate low to encourage people to just buy it (or pay other people in game gold to buy it) from the crown store.
    Edited by xaraan on May 25, 2022 10:24PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Gorø
    Gorø
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

I tried another character, I didn't get anything.
  • Gorø
    Gorø
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

It's the typical game store of create a problem and sell the solution - keep the drop rate low to encourage people to just buy it (or pay other people in game gold to buy it) from the crown store.

I agree with the second point. If we're going to have cooldowns, at the very least, increase the drop rate as its really low at the moment.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorø wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »

I agree with the second point. If we're going to have cooldowns, at the very least, increase the drop rate as its really low at the moment.

Is the drop rate low? I got it on time two and many of the other people seemed to be getting it quite fast.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone else that cooldowns should be noted. Without noting a cooldown, it's officially bugged in my opinion. It shouldn't be up to players to find the cooldowns then just assume it's working as intended. It would be VERY easy and player friendly to add this information to the tooltip. I would question why they wouldn't add it actually.
    Edited by redspecter23 on May 26, 2022 12:29AM
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the drop rate low? I got it on time two and many of the other people seemed to be getting it quite fast.

9 kills so far, no motif. Going to do one more and call it a day. Ugh.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days it's relatively safe to assume that every new motif is on the same cooldown all the other newer motifs have been on.
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    I did farm for 6 hours total on the second toon. Did not get another motif. So those in chat that claimed they got a second one on toon swap were either pulling legs or have exceptional rng. I was present and participated in every 5 min respawn for the full 6 hours. I logged off to go to dinner with my usbnd when he got home from work. He is about to go play world of warship and I may give it another go for an hour, but not for motif but to see if I can get another new praxis. I am pretty certain I won't get another motif :P
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am questioning whether I want to farm this location AGAIN. First the structural plans and then the enchanting table lead. So sick of spending time slogging through there for another motif of which we have too many.

I hope you guys are lucky so I can buy the motifs for a reasonable price.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought getting 4 Nighthollow pages was bad last year but this is awful. I wasn't sure if it was one drop a day or a very low drop rate after the first drop. After 25 chests and only getting a single page it doesn't incentives me to want to buy the motif with money, nay it makes me want to play a different game entirely.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    Pretty sure that all of the motifs that have been released after Summerset are on cooldown. You guys are some real Johnny Come Lately's

Nighthollow dropping from Reach harrowstorms didn’t have a cooldown when they first came out. Not sure if there is one now. This is a similar drop type, not from a daily.
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like it has no cooldown!!! I got two different motif within in 1hour. To be sure we need more input from the players on this forum to have clear answer if it is on cool down or not.
    Update: It has daily-writ reset cooldown! After some testing I am sure now ;-D I got two probably due to daily writ reset period as mentioned below...
    Edited by OnnuK on May 26, 2022 8:19AM
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got first motif yesterday, very late and today morning, after 9 hours. So there is no 20 or 24h cooldown but it's only global cooldown (same for dailies and dungeons). This is no different from other motifs in the past, so you can assume that's one motif per day without paying attention to exact time between drops :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm the motif cooldown reset time is same as with daily writs 8 CEST.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    If you are farming this motif, Map Pins addon will show you the portal locations.

hello ! I killed the last boss in a blackwood portal at least 10 times today and no motif. trying for the first time. does it drom form blackwood portals too or only The deadlands one ?
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Umbro100 wrote: »

hello ! I killed the last boss in a blackwood portal at least 10 times today and no motif. trying for the first time. does it drom form blackwood portals too or only The deadlands one ?

From the Deadlands portals.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »

But these take you to exact same dungeon?
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭

EF321 wrote: »
    Balastar wrote: »

But these take you to exact same dungeon?

pbc2mbe1e3gs.png

At least the Crown Store Showcase tell so.
    EU/PC trading guild: