The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

who would like to have other animals for the Warden than just a bear?

AleriSadasIndoril
AleriSadasIndoril
✭✭✭
There are so many awesome pets in ESO, ZOS would only have to make them accessible, I would also buy them in the shop.
(My personal opinion)

What is your opinion?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 27, 2022 1:13AM
Aleri Sadas Indoril: - Sorcerer - Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
Aléri Sadas Indoril: - Templar -Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
Valérie Sadas Indoril: - Templar - Dunmer- Daggerfall Covenant
Valérie Colomba: - Dragonknight - Redguard- Daggerfall Covenant
S'sháni: - Nightblade - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion
Shánij: - Templar - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion - Werewolf (immer einen Biss frei)
Valéri Indoril - Templar - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion

who would like to have other animals for the Warden than just a bear? 280 votes

yes
94%
laurajfHawkeyetheskymovesSolarikendrzycki_ESOStxtohopka_esoBelegnoledaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOKesstrylStalwart385Jordan.nick11b14_ESOAelirennopajsarahvhoffb14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeDoctor_DementoAelorinHrogunDanikat 265 votes
no
5%
dmnqwkI_killed_VivecParasaurolophusBealeb319TyharTornaadpelle412AraphornStyxiusKahnakthe1andonlyskwexDreamyLuAmotticaEpicAwesome16Daoin 15 votes
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    My argonian would like a fire breathing salamander... Or an ice one. Could be linked into the destruction staff passive.
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    and ice balls for a spammable so i can be sub zero ha
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    Love my warden, but I don't use the bear at all. I wish they would let us pick any animal already in the game.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Also, sorc pets need skins!
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    Killer Wabbit...
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    So WoW has glyphs that cosmetically change abilities. I think this system would be great in ESO. Imagine if Cliff Racers could be a Hawk instead. Or Shalks be something like this:

o5dqfemoznmk.gif

Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • GoldenGirl
    GoldenGirl
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    YES, YES, A HUNDRED TIMES YES!

I feel like different races would have different guardians... an Argonian or a Khajiit with a bear just doesn't look right. (I'm not sure.. do all zones have native bears?)

I stopped playing my warden because I just don't like that bear. Give me a wolf or a tiger.. I would even spend some of the crowns I've been hoarding for it!

Edited by GoldenGirl on May 24, 2022 1:51PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have other animals than the morrowind creatures(floating squid, beatles, pterodactyl)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    So Lore-Wise it would make sense for the Animals to be more Grahtwood/Glenumbra/Western Skyrim centric per Warden Lore. But Wardens Released with Morrowind so we got Morrowind Animals. Except Bear. Bears don't really show up in Morrowind.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I'd love to be able to change the bear to something else. I'm fine with the just being a skin, I don't want the abilities to change or anything like that, just how it looks. When the grey bear was released with the Morrowind special edition I assumed it was the first of several options and I was looking forward to seeing what else we got, then it never happened.

For me a wolf would be ideal, because my warden is breton and the backstory I made up for her is that she trained with the Wyresses, who (if they summon anything) summon grey wolves.

I'd also love to change the sorcerer pets, and there my priority is anything which doesn't flap constantly.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Everyone wants an alternative to the bear.
    My vote is for a wolf. It'd be great if I could summon a wolf instead of a bear.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Frost Atronach..... just sayin.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    Bears don't really show up in Morrowind.
    There's an old Elder Scrolls DLC that has bears and werebears in Morrowind. I forget which one it was, though. My memory is hazy about it, but I remember fighting werebears there.

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 24, 2022 1:42PM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    There's an old Elder Scrolls DLC that has bears and werebears in Morrowind. I forget which one it was, though.

Bloodmoon DLC, where you travel to Solstheim, which is Skyrim Adjacent

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    It would be nice if you could go into the wild and tame an animal that you like best.
  • GoldenGirl
    GoldenGirl
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    Danikat wrote: »
    For me a wolf would be ideal, because my warden is breton and the backstory I made up for her is that she trained with the Wyresses, who (if they summon anything) summon grey wolves.

I'd also love to change the sorcerer pets, and there my priority is anything which doesn't flap constantly.

Exactly this for Warden.. I wanted more of a Wyress feel also.

And a different sorc pet would definitely be nice... either a new (not obnoxious) summon OR create a skill line specifically as a non-pet sorc - unable to summon, but skills and passives adjusted to offset the existing performance loss for non-pet users.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    There's an old Elder Scrolls DLC that has bears and werebears in Morrowind. I forget which one it was, though.

Bloodmoon DLC, where you travel to Solstheim, which is Skyrim Adjacent
    Thank you. Perhaps it was more of a Nord island than a Dark Elf island. My memory isn't quite perfect.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Well it's right in between Eastern Skyrim and Vvardenfell, so bit of a mix there

• EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the option for fewer combat pets?

I'd like to see fewer pets or no pets for any class, not if they are for combat. Cosmetic pets are great, but navigating around everyone's pets is a pain when in town and it turns one player into multiple players in a combat situation.

So my vote would be no pets at all for any class.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to vote, because I would like it be relevant to all the Warden animal skills, not just the bear. I actually like the bear (as the skin, but his behavior bothers me quite often though).
    I'd like all the Warden's animal skills to be customizable or at least changed to something static but meaningful for the continental Tamriel. The Morrowind theme of them is a huge mistake not just because they don't correlate with the bear (or the bear doesn't correlate with them), but rather the whole set of them feels completely out of place because we got the lore book about Wardens as Y'ffre/Green Pact/Valenwood related people, but somehow they cast Morrowind's exclusive animals???
    Clearly, just a shallow half thought decision from someone who doesn't care about "those silly roleplayers with their silly immersion and lore consistency".
    What about playing a druid/shaman from the Reach? Or a Breton from Wyresses? Or the actual Bosmer spinner about whom the Warden's lore book has been written? There're a lot of possibilities to play Warden's but they're all ruined by the weird Morrowind animals decision made by some PR manager.
    Edited by Ermiq on May 24, 2022 2:27PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Or do what FF14 does and have the ability to adjust the pet sizes you see, although I suspect FF14 has a bit more client-side than ESO.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Senche-cat instead of warden bear
    Soul-shriven Dagi instead of sorc imp/clannfear
    Soul-shriven Winged flying Alfiq instead of Winged Twilight
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Ermiq wrote: »
    Not going to vote, because I would like it be relevant to all the Warden animal skills, not just the bear. I actually like the bear (as the skin, but his behavior bothers me quite often though).
    I'd like all the Warden's animal skills to be customizable or at least changed to something static but meaningful for the continental Tamriel. The Morrowind theme of them is a huge mistake not just because they don't correlate with the bear (or the bear doesn't correlate with them), but rather the whole set of them feels completely out of place because we got the lore book about Wardens as Y'ffre/Green Pact/Valenwood related people, but somehow they cast Morrowind's exclusive animals???
    Clearly, just a shallow half thought decision from someone who doesn't care about "those silly roleplayers with their silly immersion and lore consistency".

I did a big Lore Post on Warden, check it out if you want, but Zos explained it away very Lazily:

"Wardens, however, appear all over Tamriel, with the most recent reports placing some on the island of Vvardenfell"

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Based on my experience since I play the game, I like animals, but I never ever use any of the pets I have, not even as "deco" at my home. So, in theory, I have nothing against it, however, in the fact, I will neither buy any in shop nor invest efforts in game to earn more, what is equivalent to voting "no". Sorry if I'm not really clear here! :D
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ermiq wrote: »

I did a big Lore Post on Warden, check it out if you want, but Zos explained it away very Lazily:

"Wardens, however, appear all over Tamriel, with the most recent reports placing some on the island of Vvardenfell"

Yeah, I've read your post a couple of days ago. Good one and might be very helpful to build up some lore for a Warden character that is not a Dunmer. One of the insightfuls is from me, by the way.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Thanks! I appreciate it 🙏

• drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    A butterfly or a bird to replace that godawful squid
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    My lizard warden would like to have Saxhleel Behemoth instead of bear.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    My wife thinks the Baby Netch is cute
    Edited by Mr_Stach on May 24, 2022 2:57PM

• EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    if anything.. they need to expand on combat pets and added them to companions.