The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prior Thierric Arms Pack visuals

Vicquemare
Vicquemare
✭✭
Okay, so I've been looking to this arms pack since I saw last month's crowns store showcase, and it finally got released today. While I was taking a closer look on each type of weapon, I noticed that the effects on the staff and shield are far more prominent than on the rest of the weapons for some reason. Instead of a slight glow they got really huge reddish shadowy cloud around them and to me it just looks somehow... unnerving? I wondered is this a visual bug or is it supposed to be that way? Can't it be toned down?
I saw someone wearing the staff in Leyawiin, they ran past a player with gloam gryphon fledgling pet, and that cloud looked almost as big and dark as the pet...
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 22, 2022 4:58PM
  • Vicquemare
    Vicquemare
    ✭✭
    rlTzEJs.png
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the staff visual is definitely interesting. I don't know yet if I love it or hate it.

I will say this is probably my favorite arms pack in recent memory though, I think besides my iffiniess with the staff visual they did a knockout job with this arms pack. I also love how they did the weapon swapping with it.

Makes me incredibly excited to see the sound, and effect designs for future arms packs!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aqUnzJJa-MI

the purple glow will hurt the eyes so bad after a few minutes using it,

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uVT2UJWfAG8

ofcourse non of the videos are mine, it's just to show.

I wouldn't know what class fits with this set's animations, perhapes... nightblade?, i mean nightblades skills are all red, so having a colored weapon like this that still keeps a red aura would look really good on nightblade id say, but who knows, i don't have this monster arms pack.

- that being said if possible decrease how strong the purple glow when swapping weapons is, thank you.

NvzdDHB.png

Edited by francesinhalover on May 19, 2022 11:19AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, really sad i can't afford this arms pack currently.
    I do hope more arms pack in the future have the slashing/attacking effect prior-thierric has, it just makes the attack animations look stronger

UUJvleG.png

q2J6jg7.png

uvqYqxW.png

Edited by francesinhalover on May 19, 2022 11:26AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk why, but the slashing animation just makes me think of a skittles commercial

imagining the character yelling "taste the rainbow!" as your slashing them to pieces lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vicquemare
    Vicquemare
    ✭✭
    People on Reddit noticed it too
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- that being said if possible decrease how strong the purple glow when swapping weapons is, thank you.

NvzdDHB.png

Maybe it was designed to be paired with Oakensoul ;)
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk why, but the slashing animation just makes me think of a skittles commercial

imagining the character yelling "taste the rainbow!" as your slashing them to pieces lol

My first thought was "ESO pride" honestly, but "taste the rainbow" works too.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't know what class fits with this set's animations, perhapes... nightblade?, i mean nightblades skills are all red, so having a colored weapon like this that still keeps a red aura would look really good on nightblade id say, but who knows, i don't have this monster arms pack.

I use it on my vampire-themed magblade as the effects are very similar to the vampire skill line effects and match well with general Nightblade vibes. The dual daggers with Merciless Resolve and Siphoning Attacks active look absolutely incredible.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make it so that it's a splash of purple light instead of a bright glare. Like a brief glow.

It's a serious issue for people with even mild sensory issues, and a distracting eyesore for a lot of people without it. Imagine a bright glare every time someone bar swaps in a dungeon.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love the option to disable those weapon glow effects, in the same way we can disable mount speed/stamina/capacity upgrades from showing.

For example the new Prior Thierry shield looks great really, and I would've bought the pack if it wasn't utterly ruined by the black/pink cloud of hell that surrounds it, it is just a blob that obscures the visuals.

The same goes for the other weapon packs too, it would be much easier to fit them to characters without those neon colours that clash with everything.
  • t3hnerevarine
    t3hnerevarine
    ✭✭✭
    The flash is a safety issue. People are going to have seizures. Personally I am blinded for several seconds after I see the flash and need time for the after image to clear, by which time they've swapped bars again and there's another damn flash.

It's ridiculous how bad this design is. The rainbow on some weapons is very cool and imo is plenty of an effect to make the set worth buying, we shouldn't also give *** players the option to ignorantly or maliciously trigger seizures and migraines in everyone around them
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love glowy weapons and colours, like the Opal styles, but I find these quite OTT. I also really dislike the large red/black aura that surrounds them constantly, as it reminds me of auras of corruption in ESO. I don't RP but despite that I feel like I need to have a necromancer or evil character to use these.

Still, on the positive side, I'm hopeful that they will give us more subtle glowy styles like the Opal ones in the future.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the style especially the staff but I’m not buying it with the red glow. Can’t see actual non cosmetic combat and buff effects and it would be a distraction.
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    I love it ;-D For me it has a district chracteristics than the other arm packs, especially when you swing (besidesThe Gloambound armour style)
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    Any1 seen the shield yet?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are too bright and too flashy. Literally causing pain to some people.

Pity because the weapon themselves look nice. Would get them without the effects.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place. You may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.