The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

10 INFURIATING bugs and lack of quality of life. Tales of Tributes Feedback.

Eliran
Eliran
✭✭✭✭✭
1) Why the hell the game BOOT YOU OUT AND FORCE YOU INTO 10M COOLDOWN?!?!?!?!

When ever you mistakenly walk, strafe, any movement or interaction whatsoever after match start (even on the "Patron" phase!), you automatically booted out and lose the game, punishment = 10 minute cooldown + rank loss + streak loss, you should make it IMPOSSIBLE to abandon a match without a checkup dialogue, do you think anyone would abandon on purpose by moving? no right? THEN WHY PUNISH THE PLAYER?

This is UNINSTALL infuriating level of bug.

I actually find it funny you went through the trouble of not allowing to queue in arena or dungeons as if its one of the same, but in reality you are standing still where ever you where and literally can still function and control your character.

) On a stand off, game SUDDENLY end and give free win to someone, when ever someone go above 40, the game keep giving random turns, if no one end their turn below the enemy, the game just end by giving the win to someone, even if its rival just got good cards and could match/go above.

The game should continue till someone is below their enemy at the end of their turn OR make it end in a draw, this is so sudden and random, can make elephants go mad on how stupid it is, with no indication or anything, just unfair luck.

3) Why there is no COUNTDOWN on timer? timer comes only 5 seconds before turns end, give you time to finish nothing, add a timer from the start turn to the end.

4) There are too many "gold coins" on the starting end, while it might make the games longer, its just boring design and unrewarding, with bad RNG would make a game doomed before it even started, you could easily the reduce the amount by 3 or 4 coins and make the games more about "Combo's & Action's" and less about "oh those annoying useless coins again".

5)
Traven Cards should have a timer, aka if a card is not picked up for XX turns, it just get replaced automatically,

Make it 5 or 6 turns or whatever, currently its just boring design to be forced to buy them, risk rerolling for your enemy.

6) 8/9/10 Gold Cards should not appear in early turns in the Traven, its just waste of space, life and is 100% irrelevant, as if its empty.

7) With the recent nerf to NPC's XP, the leveling system is just way too slow in my opinion.

8) It should be more clear what card upgrades are and how to get them, its just not intuitive, also make it clear the old cards are no longer in your deck.

9) Psijic Deck need some buffs, its just ZZZ and boring deck to play, beside dropping cards to CD all day, nothing unique in there, literally the entire deck have the same effect . . . boring and not unique.

10) Some cards, especially in "Saint Pelin" are just extremely overpowered and unreasonably cheap for their effects without even using combo's, flat straight SUPER STRONG, to the point its literally pointless and never a bad idea to buy them, they are just too good.
  • Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with some of your points. Some less so:

4) There are too many "gold coins" on the starting end, while it might make the games longer, its just boring design and unrewarding, with bad RNG would make a game doomed before it even started, you could easily the reduce the amount by 3 or 4 coins and make the games more about "Combo's & Action's" and less about "oh those annoying useless coins again".

But this is part of the strategy. When, for example, should you try to increase your coins, and when should you try to replace them? The player can control the amount of combos, within margins of luck.

6) 8/9/10 Gold Cards should not appear in early turns in the Traven, its just waste of space, life and is 100% irrelevant, as if its empty.

That’s the luck of the draw. I like it when the Tavern gets blocked up early in the game. There are strategies you can use to take advantage of it.

5) Traven Cards should have a timer, aka if a card is not picked up for XX turns, it just get replaced automatically.

Same as above, and that’s what the cards that allow you to remove cards from the Tavern are for.

10) Some cards, especially in "Saint Pelin" are just extremely overpowered and unreasonably cheap for their effects without even using combo's, flat straight SUPER STRONG, to the point its literally pointless and never a bad idea to buy them, they are just too good.

So true, and if the cards fall right for you, that’s sweet. If they don’t, you best have a strategy for counteracting the SUPER STRONG. Such strategies do exist.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »

) On a stand off, game SUDDENLY end and give free win to someone, when ever someone go above 40, the game keep giving random turns, if no one end their turn below the enemy, the game just end by giving the win to someone, even if its rival just got good cards and could match/go above.

The game should continue till someone is below their enemy at the end of their turn OR make it end in a draw, this is so sudden and random, can make elephants go mad on how stupid it is, with no indication or anything, just unfair luck.

Did either of you get to 80 prestige? That's a hard cut off point, anyone who reaches 80 wins automatically. The game mentions that in the tooltip for prestige.
    Otherwise I've never seen a game end just randomly.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a deck building party game marketed as a competitive card game. Due to the mechanics of the game, it's more like chess with RNG than it is a competitive card game. If you know the game well, you're probably going to win against someone that doesn't. Full stop.

The game has its fair share of bugs and annoying gameplay decisions, like auto-losing if you so much as walk, or the winner of a tie is chosen at random, the god-awful countdown timer... But those are problems that could be fixed. In fact, with balancing, bug fixing, and a little bit of tweaking, ZoS could fix all the problems you mentioned (the ones that are actually problems at least, and not design choices like 4, 5, and 6). The game itself has problems that can't be fixed though. This is a party game. It lacks the draw power and strengths of a normal card game, because you don't get to collect cards and you don't get to design your decks or strategies around your decks; you "collect" cards, but have access to your opponents collected cards so that doesn't matter. AND it lacks the main strength of a party game, in that you can play with more than just 2 people. You make strategies, but like in chess, anyone who plays the game long enough will know all the strategies too. There are only 8 decks after all, and the game starts with half of them in play. This is a virtual card game. They can make mechanics for it that transcend what you could do with a physical card game, but they decided to make a game that would literally work just fine as a physical card game. And that's fine! But who in real life would want to play this game if it's only for 2 players?

I won't rant more than that. I have other complaints like how the Patron win condition is just an attention mechanic since the only way you'll lose to it is if you don't pay attention to the game... But really, my main issue comes to the fact that the game itself is missing the core elements of a competitive card game, and because of that I believe it won't be a long-lived mechanic. It'll be semi-popular for 6 months, then die off with only a small but dedicated community while everyone else just uses it as another set of dailies.
    Edited by merpins on May 19, 2022 5:57PM
  • Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭
    But really, my main issue comes to the fact that the game itself is missing the core elements of a competitive card game, and because of that I believe it won't be a long-lived mechanic. It'll be semi-popular for 6 months, then die off with only a small but dedicated community while everyone else just uses it as another set of dailies.

Never having played the sorts of card games you mention (unless you include stuff like bridge and baccarat) I'm having fun with this, and can see further decks coming along in future. I've only just looked at the proposed rewards for PVP Tribute players, and suspect it might get cut-throat competitive, at least in the short term ;)
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sly80 wrote: »
    But really, my main issue comes to the fact that the game itself is missing the core elements of a competitive card game, and because of that I believe it won't be a long-lived mechanic. It'll be semi-popular for 6 months, then die off with only a small but dedicated community while everyone else just uses it as another set of dailies.

Never having played the sorts of card games you mention (unless you include stuff like bridge and baccarat) I'm having fun with this, and can see further decks coming along in future. I've only just looked at the proposed rewards for PVP Tribute players, and suspect it might get cut-throat competitive, at least in the short term ;)

For the short term yes, I believe it'll be pretty competitive. Players will learn the game, in some cases to only to receive the daily rewards, and most everyone will be on equal footing with the new game. The problem arises down the line when people understand how the game works really well, creating a disparity between the people that don't know it well and the people that do. There's also only so much strategy within the game itself. They can add more decks, but with the mechanics present, they have very few options on where they can go without some severe power creep.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sly80 wrote: »

For the short term yes, I believe it'll be pretty competitive. Players will learn the game, in some cases to only to receive the daily rewards, and most everyone will be on equal footing with the new game. The problem arises down the line when people understand how the game works really well, creating a disparity between the people that don't know it well and the people that do. There's also only so much strategy within the game itself. They can add more decks, but with the mechanics present, they have very few options on where they can go without some severe power creep.

honestly speaking, the disparity between people who are new to pvp in general and experienced pvpers is quite large as is, so they made a pvp card game following the same boat lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure why this is a problem. People who are more experienced at Trials and Dungeons and PvP battles will all do better than newbies, or those who don't put in the hours at those activities. Everything in the game involves a disparity between the people who don't know it well and the people who do. I cannot see the difference between learning the choreography of a trial to learning the strategies of a card game, aside from one being fixed and the other flexible.