The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Aspect of Terror needs a rework

Lykeion
Lykeion
✭✭✭✭
My main concern gives to the morph of Mass Hysteria, since the other morph of Aspect of Terror may have some special situations to work well and I will leave it along in this thread.

In short, I think Aspect of Terror's design philosophy is quite outdated, and it needs a rework asap. As the skill description shows, Aspect of Terror and Turn Evil are similar in cast time, target, radius, and function. They both can make enemies feared, yet Turn Evil gives so many other buffs for 20s when Aspect of Terror gives nothing more. And AT even has a number cap. I can't remember all the skills accurately but AT might be the only skill that has a hard number cap stated in the skill description now.

It is unreasonable that a class skill is inferior to a common skill in nearly all ways. ZOS needs to give Aspect of Terror (or at least Mass Hysteria) a rework.

dffyj9n11oa5.png
orgg1mus7iok.png
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass Hysteria - 5% more damage against Feared enemies (since its more offensive skill)
    Manifestation of Terror - turn invisible for 3s when the trap is triggered (since its more used to shake off pursuers)

Is it enough?

tbh every patch there should be a pass that deals with outdated skills, some classes have more of them than others, looking at you Bolstering Darkness and Bound Aegis active ability
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just made the decision a week ago to stop playing my Nightblade main of seven years I've done everything on.... To a Templar main with a hard reset clean slate playing the game all over again.

Nightblade is neutered so badly that I just got so tired of it. Aspect of Terror used to be the only unblockable hard cc. Unique to Nightblades to be able to punch through tanks etc.

It's nice different experience having an entire skill bar filled with class abilities as a Templar because they're just that good in every role. As a Nightblade... It feels underwhelming.

Wish they would make Nightblade feel "good" to play again. If you're going to make the class have such niche complexity, at least reward it with the highest ceiling of DPS for PVE and burst/delayed burst potential in PVP. Literally the only class, the ASSASSIN class, without a delayed burst. Grim Focus doesn't count- Templar Jabs does more total damage than Grim Focus does and doesn't take a minimum SEVEN seconds to have a single target super telegraphed ability shot.

Examples of Class Delayed Burst:
    Sorcerer: Execute ability & Curse
    Warden: Subterranean Assault
    Dragonknight: DoT application finalized into Fossilize Dragon Leap and Flame Whip when ready.
    Necromancer: Blast Bones
    Templar: Power of the Light
    Nightblade: ..... Nope. No delayed abilities. Everything takes 1 global second cool down and can't get lined up with another ability to hit at the same time except.... Proc sets.

Imagine why everyone complains about Nightblades using proc sets.... Because that's the only type of delayed burst potential we ever had when literally every other class has higher burst potential than a freaking class meant to specialize in assassination.

Our class is a joke to what it once was. "Oh, but Timmy, what about our invisibility??! It makes us so good in PVP to engage when we want and get the jump on people!"

"Slot Radiant Light and a Detection Potion and move on. Free AP when they decide to jump."

Love being the class where one of our major class identities can simply being "blocked" by using a potion or ability. Would love to see Templar not being able to use Honor the Dead for 5 seconds or Sorcerer to and to Streak and stun 10 people even though they block...

"USE SUPPRESSION FIELD!"
    locked behind 250 ultimate Sorcerer ability where you can just dodge roll out.

Imagine being able to use potions that suppress every class ability on the bar....
    The outrage would be audible and possibly even heard instead of our Nightblade voices and concerns always feeling dismissed.
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on May 16, 2022 3:02PM
  • Selot
    Selot
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree. ZOS, stop ignoring magicka nightblades.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos avoiding feedback

1qhwmdzoyxuu.gif
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup