The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Oakensoul is OP again

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah could switch to minor for both heroism and berserk. Those 2 major versions were limited in uptime for a reason
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    This final Murkmire lead is rivaling the Shadowfen Kilt for sheer toxicity.

30 people camped over every lockbox in Murkmire and tons of trolls ruining it for everyone.

At least it has multiple spots, unlike 50 ppl at crab.

50 ppl at crab gives it to what, 12 people per spawn?

I'll take that any day over safeboxes.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is not only about stat density. Maybe when we talk about 1v1's when you don't need mobility and utilities it will be near meta but in open world PvP and 1vX in general, being left without backbar is a big drawback.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Today me and wifey got the chance to try Oakensoul Ring out in cp cyrodiil on GH on our magdk's once we got the last lead. It pushes the damage pretty far with a good allround damage setup in general, but the lack of a defensive backbar and the nerf to the sustain of dk's is a clear disadvantage that got us melted even faster than before. A defensive set for the other 5 piece set helps living a tad bit long, but not chance getting out of defense if you don't have reliable movement speed (so just like before). That was a pointless attempt. It pretty much buffs up glass cannon builds to be a little less squishy but with way more punch. Also helps bombers pull their ult even faster and is definitely more fitting on classes like nb's when not running with a group. Sure not many people got it yet but they get more each day. Same goes for the other mythics.

Its far from being OP. It just raises the gap a little of all non-bombers to not feel completely useless compared to their aoe oneshot bomber counterparts and gets rid of the constant rebuffing hassle at the valuable cost of survivability. Also with a good enough damage setup to burst down those pesky tower humpers quickly before they can start their ring around the rosie game. Which is a big plus. I guess tower humpers will adjust with even more movement speed to make that up. Time will tell.

I'm curious what kinds of builds people will come with it though, since it got potential to make things more fun in PvP.

There is only one thing in PvP that really is OP. And that is unkillable ball groups. Thats what is in real need of a nerf.
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    PvP is not only about stat density. Maybe when we talk about 1v1's when you don't need mobility and utilities it will be near meta but in open world PvP and 1vX in general, being left without backbar is a big drawback.

Indeed. For example, ball groups also don't just stack heals to no end, they also stack all kinds of buffs. Thats basically what this mythic does too just without 11 others backing you up, and still without several buffs you would get in a group. At the heavy cost of your backbar. This brings everyone wearing the thing outside of groups a little bit more on par but people underestimate the downside of having a defensive backbar to counter pressure somehow. Once more people notice this, more will change their mind about it and switch over to any of the other mythics.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I've finally got my hands on the mythic yesterday, tried crit setup on hybrid plar.

Upsides:
    * Biggest upside is the lack of buff downtimes. You don't need to refresh buffs every 15-20s, so you can just spam nonstop.
    * Bonuses are good. It is competitive in PvP due to DPS increase.
    * Simplicity in controls let you focus more on combat flow, thinking less about execution.
    * Could theoretically mitigate some of the weaknesses with dedicated support.

Downsides:
    * Minus whole bar. You will throw useful stuff out. For me, it was Major Expedition skill (still have it on bow passive), and it is huge.
    * People with two bars setup burst combos more easily. They have extra space for burst proc sets, they have extra slots for delayed damage skills.
    * Bonuses to sustain < Skills that restore stats. Need to slot in a whole lot of natural sustain, and can't block/run/sneak for too long because you don't want to miss ticks.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should not be allowed in PVP problem solved! No need for the nerf.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Should not be allowed in PVP problem solved! No need for the nerf.

After trying the mythic myself, I see this whole debate from a different point of view. So many people here calling for a nerf out of pure speculation. People "fear" it might be OP. People "think" it busts balance even more. And call for a nerf straight away just because they see an item packed with buffs. On other side shutting down completely to what the actual downside turn out to be in the gameplay. Just like it was in the past with the proc sets.

Shortly after Greymoor got released, we had a nicely well-rounded build diversity everywhere. Even in PvE. You could wear your proc sets with pure stat boosting sets still being at the very top. Yet, people couldn't get over proc sets somehow carrying their users because it was 1 or more potential free skills that fire automatically, which those who were wearing stat boost sets simply weren't able to because no proc that fired as a little extra. In the end, the damage you do with procs or the damage you do with boosted stats turned out to be with stat stacking overperforming regardless how OP proc sets looked like at first impression. ZOS nerfed proc sets into the ground and made literally more than half of the sets useless again, because people speculated too much, overexegarated and called for unnessessary nerfs for everything.

And now look at the No CP campaigns. They are just a shadow of their former self. The same 4-5 sets literally everyone is wearing. The same builds everyone uses. 0 diversity, boring to no end. And still no balance whatsoever. With the campaign being dead and losing more and more players each day. ZOS actually cared for about its PvPers, just that they were listening to those who had clearly no idea what they were talking about in the first place. Straight out nerf callers with reasons pulled from thin air. 10k dizzy swings and 14k executes on a 40k resist player happened but the 24 x 1k syvarras scale procs deserved the nerf. Its laughable.

People must stop with their nerf callings already. How many of you who want so this nerfed or "removed from PvP" here even got the ring and tried it? Whats your evidence in actually proofing this is OP? Because it "sounds" like it? I mean come on.

We don't need any more nerfs to sets. We need things get buffed back to become viable again if at all. And I will say it again: Unkillable ball groups are everyones real problem in Cyrodiil besides those who are running with one themselves. 9 out of 10 deaths will occure due to bombs! Not due to magdk's, nb's, or sorcs in open world. Calling for a nerf for a mythic with heavy downsides without proper longterm testing on the live servers but based on pure speculation is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been using Oakensoul on my nightblade, and I like it. Not having to worry about upkeep on buffs and just slot certain skills:
    resolving_vigor.pngSurprise%20Attack.pngShadowy%20Disguise.pngExecutioner_2h.pngrace-against-time-eso-psijic-order-skill-summerset.pngIncapacitating%20Strike.png

That's it. Kill and survive with that with all the buffs. It's different than I'm used too, it's strong because I'm able to incap faster than I was able to already (Major Heroism and nightblade potion passive) , and my damage is a little better because of Major Force and Courage.

I felt free again on my normal 2 bar build though. :D The lack of flexibility with Oakensoul is my only negative take away from it, but makes up for it in simplifying gameplay.
    Going back to the two bar build I'm faster, and can resource sustain a little better, and obviously able to use more abilities which makes Oakensoul an alternative playstyle in my book. For now, at least...