Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to see 24 mans reintroduced to Cyrodiil?

TexGod
TexGod
✭✭✭
With the lag mostly gone in Cyrodiil, would you like to see 24-man groups brought back into the game? If ZOS could manage to fix the bug with more than 12 people entering a trial this could breathe a lot of life into PVP again. A lot of larger guilds ended up quitting due to this change, and it would be nice to see them back.
@S_oviet
GM of Cutest Boys
PC/NA

Would you like to see 24 mans reintroduced to Cyrodiil? 92 votes

Bring 24-mans back to the game
58%
NestorAttorneyatlawlDatDarcyMardinwenchmore420b14_ESOThrabenkwisatzAixyFeannagSharktoeswookikiller95gamma71pleximusbinhoadirondackKarivaaWikter_BravoFluffyReachWitchTexGodStamicka 54 votes
Do not bring 24-mans back
41%
drzycki_ESOGedericAlendrinKayshaOminerYakidafiDRTEDurhamKartalinNemeliomXarcCasulfireraptureThe7thLettterenzoisadogReactRowjohTommy_The_GunTrinotopsJierdanit 38 votes
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 20 people is enough but yes bigger groups than 12. Cyro was better before group seize change.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not? There's massively diminishing returns for groups larger than 4 so 24 is hardly going to be scarier than 12. I'm all for anything that encourages pug groups to actually do stuff on the map because Cyrodiil is super quiet right now even at triple faction pop lock.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with that is population limit that was ninja-nerfed a couple of times. Some guilds were testing it (logging in at the same time) and it seems that population limit right now is something around 50 - 60. So I don't think that a ball group should be literally 1/2 or 1/3 of the entire faction population... ;)
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are not enough LfG leaders to care for the pugs, so this would be the obvious answer.

However in order to prevent guilds from running around in too large raids I would only allow those groups to get larger than 12 that use the group finder to recruit.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    There are not enough LfG leaders to care for the pugs, so this would be the obvious answer.

However in order to prevent guilds from running around in too large raids I would only allow those groups to get larger than 12 that use the group finder to recruit.

Absolutely not. Consoles can barely handle 6 man groups with all the lag let alone 24 man groups
  • LostToTheSea
    LostToTheSea
    ✭✭✭
    Pop cap would have to be raised first. The disgraces of the game plaguebreak and dark convergence need to be erased from PvP when bringing back the 24/higher caps.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, as soon as it's technically feasible.

The big PUG guilds made for a welcoming experience for new players and could actually organize enough to challenge the smaller, more organized ball group guilds.

Going from a guild of 18-24 players on raid night to picking which 12 players made the cut sucked.

Also, I'd like to see the 24 player groups back in PVE. It makes it so much easier to run and participate in guild activities.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was literally just going to make a thread about this. It would make recruiting for guilds easier and make it easier to introduce more players to PvP.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, as soon as it's technically feasible.

The big PUG guilds made for a welcoming experience for new players and could actually organize enough to challenge the smaller, more organized ball group guilds.

Going from a guild of 18-24 players on raid night to picking which 12 players made the cut sucked.

Also, I'd like to see the 24 player groups back in PVE. It makes it so much easier to run and participate in guild activities.

this is basically my thoughts on this

i primarily run solo, but i think they would have to be able to raise the pop caps before going back to the larger group sizes
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should also add that if ZOS isn't sure about this they could also make it one of the special "weekend events" we were promised to try it out.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be fine with it if cross healing outside group is disabled again.

Bringing back 24 mans will just allow giant zergs to clump together and be more effective than they are now and heal stack and face tank damage in a meta were healing and being tanky is already very OP.
    Basically make bigger groups stronger and more effective again than they are now, will make bomb builds pretty much a necessity to get any effective PVP on your faction. They need some type of nerf otherwise.
    I'm a firm believer that if multiple zergs are gonna face tank all the damage together they shouldn't be able to heal each other as well(force a zerg to have to heal themselves).
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on May 12, 2022 7:22PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with that is population limit that was ninja-nerfed a couple of times. Some guilds were testing it (logging in at the same time) and it seems that population limit right now is something around 50 - 60. So I don't think that a ball group should be literally 1/2 or 1/3 of the entire faction population... ;)

Umm…. I counted one evening over 150+ players leaving a keep all different names. So on NA PS server there is more than a 50 player limit per an alliance

• pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, SO MUCH YES!! I had so much fun leading 24-man groups on Xbox and was heartbroken when they changed it because of the state of pvp. Now that we know the issue and that it CAN be fixed, ZOS needs to revert these decisions. They also need to increase the population cap. Waiting hours in order to get in to my home campaign (Gray Host) is unacceptable!
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    If 24-player groups do come back I hope someone does a 24-man co-ordianted "ball group".

Even before the group size change people lost their minds over being farmed by groups who were choosing to be at only 10-12 people for some challenge. Could easily add in more bombers and healers without much thought.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double the dark convergence, double the fun!
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    If 24-player groups do come back I hope someone does a 24-man co-ordianted "ball group".

Even before the group size change people lost their minds over being farmed by groups who were choosing to be at only 10-12 people for some challenge. Could easily add in more bombers and healers without much thought.

Don't forget the big buff ball groups are getting yet again.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege and guards need a buff first, at the very least when population is extremely unbalanced.

Not that it matters anyway since PvP is dead next patch as long as Oakensoul exists.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TexGod wrote: »
    With the lag mostly gone in Cyrodiil, would you like to see 24-man groups brought back into the game? If ZOS could manage to fix the bug with more than 12 people entering a trial this could breathe a lot of life into PVP again. A lot of larger guilds ended up quitting due to this change, and it would be nice to see them back.

There is lag if you are playing small scale 1-10 groups. Large groups do not see the lag that smaller groups see. Several 12 mans spamming nothing but AOE healing and damage still creates lag. They have also lowered the population caps. Large guilds can still run multiple groups of 12 I see it every weekend.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t reply to the poll because I really don’t care. I don’t think it truly detracts or adds benefit either way.

However, Zenimax made the change because they liked some behavior thing when it was tested. It would be nice to know what was different that Zenimax thought was beneficial.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. If anything, they should look into further reducing the group size.

Since PC NA's server's got upgraded, the ONLY time I have experienced noteworthy skill delay was in the presence of 12 man coordinated groups. It is abundantly clear that the stacking of this many players with their set and skill related calculations directly impacts the performance.

Capping at 6-8 would be the best change they've made in years, in my opinion.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Absolutely not. If anything, they should look into further reducing the group size.

Since PC NA's server's got upgraded, the ONLY time I have experienced noteworthy skill delay was in the presence of 12 man coordinated groups. It is abundantly clear that the stacking of this many players with their set and skill related calculations directly impacts the performance.

Capping at 6-8 would be the best change they've made in years, in my opinion.

So you want 6 person groups on a map originally designed for large scale battles and 1800 people?
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a group is bad with 12 players they will be worse with 24 players. It's just a social thing at that point and they should be able to at least enjoy the social aspect of playing with friends and not leaving guildies out on raid night.

If people start doing the meme-y 0 DD 24 man ball groups, and it is known that even the new servers cannot cope with their skill spam, then personally I think there is a moral obligation to reconsider the playstyle. If you aren't wiping enough pugs to offset the lag you create, it is rather selfish to keep hogging server resources and ruining other people's enjoyment of the game.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!! We need those Zerg guilds back as well as ball groups!
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step further, no groups.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. not with the lag. 24 man are fun though but not with the lag it brings. This come from a solo player, not played for 2-3 years. I think 24+ only worked in beta gameplay. :) With angry joe

Edit Changed beat to beta in 2nd last word.:) also added angry joe.
    Edited by Yakidafi on May 24, 2022 2:15PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA