The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So if the 803 is the final version for class balance this patch, the new meta would be ?

chongguang
chongguang
✭✭✭
DK seems fall again due to the terrible 3s nerf.
NB- I hope Nbs can make their back to the list ,however they are currently in a weak position in PVE (Pvp: a little bit better) while this patch has no such good buff for them ? You say ambush?Em...
Sorcerer- without the change to crystal weapon ,it has the chance, but for now they are still not good enough to be the top

Nec- Is the most possible one to be back , they are very popular and already 2nd powerful meta class in Live severs. Next patch they are almost not touched for DPS.

I dont play Temp and Warden , so I may need information or comments from ppls.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think DK will still be the meta. some people will cry the sky is falling, then someone will work out that if you change some morphs or use a certain set sustain is fine and then DK will be fine.

everyone is going to think they are nerfed of course, except that's actually the CP changes, not the class balance and things will return to normal.

sorc will probably be the king of single target dps with 0 cleave, so maybe a few more in top groups just for that single target advantage, but i don't think it'll make much real difference.

warden is getting buffed in PvE for all the crying foul on here they are doing. the bear will do more damage, nothing is getting nerfed apart from their PVP stuns and utility.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK will still be tops in pvp. You just been to learn better resource management. The buff to coagulating basically erases the rollback on embers.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK will still be tops in pvp. You just been to learn better resource management. The buff to coagulating basically erases the rollback on embers.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it. Maybe a solo DK will die after being chased by 10 people for 5 minutes instead of taking a half hour but in most encounters that are 1v1, v2, or v3 they'll still be tanky enough to sponge the incoming damage and have enough burst to stun and delete someone before they can break free.
    I also think they'll be able to use the buffed Occult Overload to great advantage as they're already running charged and applying burning and poisoned on everyone they kill, meaning a DK fighting a group is going to take between 33-50% of the health of everyone nearby when they kill someone.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on May 12, 2022 7:07PM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    nothing is getting nerfed apart from their PVP stuns and utility.

I mean that exactly what we're trying to have fixed. Yeah, we'd love for Frost to be the best a Warden can be, but we'd at least like to have the tools every other class has baked in
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • LordeGian
    LordeGian
    ✭✭
    DK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Necro >> Templar. DK too far ahead unfortunately.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really judge PVP as a pve player, and I can't judge DK because I don't play it, but I can comment on Templar and Warden.

Warden is still the glass cannon it once was, and stamden is more powerful than ever. You'll still get one-shot if you're not careful, don't stand in stupid and you'll be fine. High high dps in pve.

Templar basically didn't get touched this patch. It's getting a new toy with the Sea-Serpent's Coil, which has the possibility of replacing the kilt due to just how close up both stam and mag templars are in combat. You're far more likely to keep the Coil's ability up at all times than you are to keep the Kilt, and Major Courage + Major Berserk is good. It isn't a giant buff by any means, but they're bound to feel a bit more consistent with it over the kilt.

Sorc is getting a buff plain and simple. It's going to be top end for PVE DPS next patch, and easy mode when you just want to play casual and hit the low end of the high end benchmark.

I dont play DK as I said, Nightblade is still the hard to play class it always has been for top end dps, and I haven't made a Necro yet (even though I've been playing since closed beta, idk, I'm just lazy).
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDK is probably still the strongest class in PVP. The combustion nerf was totally justified, mDK was being played like a 2017 heavy armor build - all damage with sub 1k regens. At least now mDKs will need to use a bit of regen to support their ridiculous DPS.

I doubt the meta will change much at all if the patch goes live like this.

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    I think DK will still be the meta. some people will cry the sky is falling, then someone will work out that if you change some morphs or use a certain set sustain is fine and then DK will be fine.

everyone is going to think they are nerfed of course, except that's actually the CP changes, not the class balance and things will return to normal.

sorc will probably be the king of single target dps with 0 cleave, so maybe a few more in top groups just for that single target advantage, but i don't think it'll make much real difference.

warden is getting buffed in PvE for all the crying foul on here they are doing. the bear will do more damage, nothing is getting nerfed apart from their PVP stuns and utility.

I think if sustain is provided from a support class, then it'll be mostly good since other classes can turn up to the party more easily (Templar and Warden). However its more likely that overall group dps is best off just running all cros instead (1 on zen/EC).

Personally hoping to run my stamden in HM trials but will see how the sweaty, high APM, based players go figuring out the meta first. Then I either run magdk, stamcro or stamden.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc. High MMR is already bowsorc fest, with new crystal weapon it's gonna be F U N.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t Bahsei finally do something for all those DKs that rarely dip below 80% magicka? It’s a buff if you look at it that way
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    So I am suprised that this post become a kind prediction one as Z claimed 804 is the final patch before High Isle final release without any class changes.
    I also did some research to answer my own question...
    Due to the sustain nerfs to dk, they would be replaced by some other classes for sure. Might be necros, crystal weapon sorcerers or even warden.
    Adjustment to the current best class definitely changes meta in next patch.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magden will definitely be at the bottom of the Barrel.
    The changes to Stamden won't shake things up too much.
    You'll probably run Deep Fissure for Major and Minor breach. Still the Arctic Blast will hurt as well. You could run Slab for a defensive stun but I still think Shimmering Shield is better.

Take that as you will.

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing will really change to drastically pvp or pve wise
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t Bahsei finally do something for all those DKs that rarely dip below 80% magicka? It’s a buff if you look at it that way

The crazy sustain allowed PvE DK’s to slap on medium armor and hit the crit cap while not having to rely on slotting one of the crit damage stars to get there. It enabled the class to grab extra damage from on of the other stars like thamaturge or next patch possibly wrathful strikes (which is getting a solid buff) if they can still sustain the medium armor which I suspect we will. As hard as DK hits though I still prefer my plar and Cro in content because the rotations are shorter and more concise.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I don't care about PVP what is the new meta?... Right now I have a NB and DK. The NB is a healer for vet dungeon content, the DK is purely for fun because right now (but maybe not for much longer) it's just *so much* fun to play.

I'm thinking templar after the coming DK nerf. Sometimes I just want to be able to bash without having to think too much...

PS5/NA
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if I don't care about PVP what is the new meta?... Right now I have a NB and DK. The NB is a healer for vet dungeon content, the DK is purely for fun because right now (but maybe not for much longer) it's just *so much* fun to play.

I'm thinking templar after the coming DK nerf. Sometimes I just want to be able to bash without having to think too much...

For PvE, nothing will really change. DK will still be good, you'll just need to worry about sustain a bit more.

I know a bunch of people don't care about Wardens , but the new Trial set, Whorls is gonna be great on both Mag and Stam setups. Wild Guardian doing bleed and a guaranteed Hemorrhage is really nice.

Templar is a safe bet to be good. Stam Sorc is gonna be really good. Necro is still good. And NB is ok I guess, don't really play it outside of murder and thievery.