The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Companion Talk Menu Change

VolrathStormborn
VolrathStormborn
✭✭✭
Could you please please add in an option to either remove or to put a big delay after combat that the Press X to talk to the companion is available? Constantly just trying to loot or jump and end up opening the Companion Memu instead as they are attached to your hip.

Or change the method of starting the discussion like the Options wheel like trading with a player or even in the Emotes area.

I know I can’t be the only one yelling “Dammit Bastion I don’t want to talk” and have to look at the sky to jump or spend time moving around to get a spot to grab a corpse/container without trigger the Companion menu.
Edited by VolrathStormborn on May 16, 2022 9:11PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your on a controller, i think there was an alternate config which sets the interact and jump buttons differently, but i think most people complain about how easy it is to interact with the companion especially when looting

PC has addon solutions that can block the interaction entirely, but can become a hassle when you actually need to interact with them, and this is probably something that should be handled in the game

i think the idea of "player interaction" menu style wheel might work better for them, and it initially can have 3 options (dialog, skill menu, and a cancel if this was done accidentally)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Please adjust this so I can grab stuff, loot, and interact with the environment rather than the Companion?