The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

DK Changes hurting Tank Sustain with Heavy Attack bug

VolrathStormborn
VolrathStormborn
✭✭✭
I know the DK changes were centered around DPS but it hurts Tank sustain which was a DK staple. Granted I just need to heavy more again, but given I have to wait a full second after dropping block just to start a heavy attack there are many times you can’t finish that heavy before being forced to block again.

We used to hit the heavy just a split second before letting go of block to squeeze them in between mechanics and unless that’s fixed the DK Tanks took the worst hit.

Couldn’t care less about the Searing and/or Mag morph of heal. Granted I may swap GDB for Coagulated for a bit to test that heal out but that’s it. Even if Combustion was set to say 1 sec or 1.5 it would be better but 3 seconds? Well 3 boss attacks or many add attacks just occurred negating the 900 Stam gained from the prior 3 seconds.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was a PvP nerf without considering impact on PvE. So a normal ZOS sledgehammer in other words.

Healing nerfed into the ground, sustain nerfed into the ground, Engulfing flames nerfed into the ground (but still requiring EXACTLY the same combined weapon and spell damage to get a mere 60% of the original damage).

It was nice to play on a desired class for one patch, I guess we're back in the gutter now.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why PVP has such an out-of-balance influence on changes. It's only a small part of content. Granted it does seem to generate more dedication, but the numbers are still small compared to dungeons, questing, and even housing... Do PVPers buy more crowns?

PS5/NA
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Squeaky Wheel gets the grease and PvPers can be pretty loud
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why PVP has such an out-of-balance influence on changes. It's only a small part of content. Granted it does seem to generate more dedication, but the numbers are still small compared to dungeons, questing, and even housing... Do PVPers buy more crowns?

It's probably more so ZOS can say they're doing stuff for PvP without actually having to do stuff for PvP. Sure, we have absolutely no new PvP content in literally years, but they're working on balance!!!
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭

PvE is just a small amount of content compared to dungeons, questing and even housing.

Balance matters more when you actually have to fight the other classes rather than a target dummy.

DKs don't even use their only other sustain passive in PvE this patch. Is the nerf a little heavy? Maybe. Is the change needed? Yes.
    No other class drops sustain from its kit, some still struggle with it, looking at templars and sorcs.
  • Camelord
    Camelord
    ✭✭

PvE is just a small amount of content compared to dungeons, questing and even housing.

Balance matters more when you actually have to fight the other classes rather than a target dummy.

DKs don't even use their only other sustain passive in PvE this patch. Is the nerf a little heavy? Maybe. Is the change needed? Yes.
    No other class drops sustain from its kit, some still struggle with it, looking at templars and sorcs.

Dungeons and quests aren't PVE anymore, continue along nothing to see here.
    Also a Battle roar nerf could've been better than increasing combustion's cd to 6 times the original cd.
    Best option would be Pve/Pvp separated tooltip but from asking for years it seems impossible for them to implement or they're just not willing to take this step. Basically creating a "mini-war" between Pvp-focused and Pve-focused players, blaming each other for xyz nerf every patch
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spam ash cloud or its morphs and you'll have no sustain issues.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.