The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chainmail on House Dufort Banneret Style Does Not Dye

BlissfulDeluge
BlissfulDeluge
✭✭✭✭✭
The undyeable chainmail kind of ruins it if you want to dye it a different color than steel (Orichalc, etc.). Can it be changed to adhere to the dye of the rest of its metal?

x2sgy0hcguop.png

Ebonsteel has the same issue with its chainmail.

82a3b3kk1bww.png

pls ZOS ;-;
Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Haarkan
    Haarkan
    ✭✭
    The legs seemingly have a third part that dyes but it doesn't actually dye anything.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, ZoS. If you're going to keep releasing costumes with undyeable parts, please rework the outfit system or just give those items a fourth Dye slot. Is there anything stopping them from doing that?
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haarkan wrote: »
    The legs seemingly have a third part that dyes but it doesn't actually dye anything.

That's crazy @Haarkan! Can you show us a screenshot?
    Greystag wrote: »
    Yes please, ZoS. If you're going to keep releasing costumes with undyeable parts, please rework the outfit system or just give those items a fourth Dye slot. Is there anything stopping them from doing that?

I think it's crazy that they do not add costume items to the outfit system. I would be far more interested in costumes if they did.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.