The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Oakensoul Ring - The Only Valid WW Mythic Now?

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know what would be an excellent counter to this?

The fact that Werewolf builds use the Werewolf form and struggle outside of it, more so if they were stuck with one bar like if they were made to revert form, poisons which drain the Werewolf timer from Werewolves could work well.

Using this ring with a Werewolf would ten be a double-edged sword, your powerful in Werewolf form but hope you do not meet a player with one of these poisons equipped or your going to be forced out of Werewolf form and will be stuck with one bar because you had the oakensoul ring equipped.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭

Overland, 4 man pve arenas, solo pve arenas, 4 man dungeons, solo pvp, 4 man BG pvp, small scale IC/Cyro pvp.

The only scenario where this may not be used is corrdinated large scale 12 man groups for PVE and PVP, even then, you may not get full uptime on some of these buffs.
    • Major Ward (WW Overlap)
    • Major Brutality/Sorcery (WW Overlap)
    • Major Savagery/Prophecy (WW Overlap)
    • Major Berserk (WW Overlap - Hircine’s Rage)
    • Major Courage
    • Minor Endurance (WW Overlap - Hircine’s Fortitude)
    • Minor Fortitude (WW Overlap - Hircine’s Fortitude)
    • Minor Intellect
    • Major Protection
    • Major Force
    • Major Heroism

Why use Gaze of Sithis?
    Why use Malacath?
    Why use Death Dealers Fete?
    Why use Shape Shifters Chain?

Did Werewolves really want this?

For the purpose of dealing damage in solo or 4 player group content wouldn’t you rather have something like thrassian? It’s 5x more stat dense than the werewolf chain or death dealers fete, and werewolf that isn’t a tank wouldn’t be as concerned over the loss of some health with all of its built in mitigation. Or swap to the kilt if there’s a wipe late in the dungeon, or another dps in the group is getting the kills on most everything, a werewolf dps in that scenario would have less of the aggro, less likely to take direct damage

In last night’s pug pledges I noticed the healer had 99% uptime of major courage, the tank had 30ish percent on major force for the boss fights. Sometimes healers slot the horn and work with the tank for higher major force.

Oakensoul wouldn’t really be BIS for solo PVE either if a werewolf build doesn’t have sustain issues or problems dying to stuff while missing health from thrassian stranglers, in my build 1150 weapon damage still adds more to damage than major force+ major courage. It takes some time to build up but it’s usually at 50 stacks midway through a dungeon
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on May 10, 2022 3:41PM
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, I think major courage and major force is quite alright with this item, but major heroism and major berserk is a little bit too much.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, this will be great on a dk, ultimate already fills up rather fast for them but with major heroism and bloodspawn, DKs will have ultimate ready to go in no time.

Looking forward on trying it when released, interesting mythic.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, this will be great on a dk, ultimate already fills up rather fast for them but with major heroism and bloodspawn, DKs will have ultimate ready to go in no time.

Tbh. I was thinking about how it will affect ultimate based builds. On DK it may be pretty insane. Also, I was thinking about NB "Death Stroke spam" build that may be possible with Oakensoul. Also, Major Force comes to play here as NB can have on demand crit & it will also stack with NB crit strike passive.

Oakensoul seems to enable kinda broken builds tbh. It may be funny, but idk if this is health for the game lol.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 10, 2022 5:15PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I think major courage and major force is quite alright with this item, but major heroism and major berserk is a little bit too much.

I think Major Heroism isn't technically needed, but it's nice to have. Berserk is required for the item to be any good IMO; it's one of the few buffs that isn't commonly covered in organized group content. Major Force is, but it's fine because the uptime isn't 100%. Major Courage is bad on the item in organized group play though, since it's such a common 100% uptime buff in organized end game like Trials, but Berserk makes up for it.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Tbh. I was thinking about how it will affect ultimate based builds. On DK it may be pretty insane. Also, I was thinking about NB "Death Stroke spam" build that may be possible with Oakensoul. Also, Major Force comes to play here as NB can have on demand crit & it will also stack with NB crit strike passive.

Oakensoul seems to enable kinda broken builds tbh. It may be funny, but idk if this is health for the game lol.

I've always wanted a dragon leap spam build. Permanent Heroism makes that easier, though also harder at the same time because it's locked to 1 bar. I might test on the PTS what can be done to spam dragon leap as much as possible though. It won't be good cause you gotta build towards it, but it'll be funny. too much sacrifice just to dragon leap every 10 seconds, but worth it for me since funny leap.
    Edited by merpins on May 10, 2022 5:54PM
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭

I've always wanted a dragon leap spam build. Permanent Heroism makes that easier, though also harder at the same time because it's locked to 1 bar. I might test on the PTS what can be done to spam dragon leap as much as possible though. It won't be good cause you gotta build towards it, but it'll be funny. too much sacrifice just to dragon leap every 10 seconds, but worth it for me since funny leap.

It'll be heaven! Put on a potentate and bloodspawn set and slot corrosive, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to spam it pretty frequently with oakensoul.