Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stuff which needs to be removed from the Crown Store (Predatory for new players)

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
Borderline scam:
  • Crown Crafting Motifs Pack: Rare Styles - 5,000 Crowns - Motifs cost 1-500 gold each.
  • Vampire / Werewolf Bites - 3,000 Crowns Each - Worth about 5 minutes of a guild mates time or on reddit.
  • Cures for these Afflictions - 800 Crowns - Worth a few thousand gold
  • Crown Supply Kits - 500-1500 - Stuff received is not worth it at all, seen a few unfortunate guildies fall into the trap.

Stuff which needs to be altered to provide enough information (Overlaps with a few previous ones mentioned):
  • Attribute Scroll -> Needs to clarify it's purchasable with gold in game
  • Skill Respecification Scroll -> Needs to clarify it's abilities are purchasable with gold in game
  • Armory/Outfit Slots need to bold or make it extremely clear that it's PER character only. - Again seen a few unfortunate souls buy it on one and go onto another thinking it would be there, but it's not there (Before anyone complains, one of them has just kinda bad eyesight so missed it) .
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've been thinking this same exact thing. ZoS knows what the in game economy looks like, all of these motif books that go for pennies in in game currency should most definitely be removed from the crown store. All of the things you listed should be as well
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All the old style motifs need to be removed from the store. It's not acceptable to offer these to new players. They are not aware you can get these from guild traders at a fraction of the price.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 2, 2022 8:42PM
    PC NA
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    In response the thread title: That's... Why they're there.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Skill Respecification Scroll -> Needs to clarify it's abilities are purchasable with gold in game
    [/list]

They even advertise sales on these scrolls on the official social media as a beneficial thing, I know the account runner is obliged to, but it's generally quite bad form for new players.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree. It's a bit sad that someone high up in the company actually thinks these items/prices are helping them in some way. It's bad for players and makes the company look like they are trying to rip players off. No amount of sales of these products are worth that sort of negative impact in my opinion. Someone with authority needs to look at these sort of things with some common sense and do what's right for the player base and the longevity of the game.

ZOS is very proud of their helpful community and they should be, but they should be leading by example and also HELPING players, not trying to trick them into spending money. Make a good game and a store with good deals and players will give you money. You don't need to trick them. It just looks sad to those that know better and if feels horrible for those that don't.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipsius wrote: »
    In response the thread title: That's... Why they're there.

^^^^
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be better if they removed that instead of costumes and such.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me an Optimist, but I think some of the crown Prices are there to discourage buying and encourage playing and finding things in game and learning crafting.

However, I can see where new players to the game may not have explored all their options before making crown purchases.

Perhaps it is on us to educate our youngins.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Call me an Optimist, but I think some of the crown Prices are there to discourage buying and encourage playing and finding things in game and learning crafting.

However, I can see where new players to the game may not have explored all their options before making crown purchases.

Perhaps it is on us to educate our youngins.

The fact that an online game is over-charging for basic services doesn't necessarily signal that they've also provided for in-game currency, because these days a lot of games do simply over-charge for things you can't play without and count on players giving in and buying them at least a few times before getting burned out and quitting.

I've also played several games which keep a clear separation between cash shop items and services and in-game ones, so if something is available in-game it won't be in the cash shop and vice versa, which again would lead me to assume that if a game is selling these services that must be the only way to get them.

I noticed this in ESO when I was looking for an NPC vampire bite. A lot of players I spoke to had no idea such a thing existed and thought all vampire players had either bought it from the crown store or got a bite from a player who had. Some were quite surprised to learn it was free in-game before it was in the crown store and some got angry and accused me of lying so I could scam players who had bought it into giving it to me for free. (They weren't selling bites themselves, just determined to believe no one, especially ZOS, would sell something you could get for free.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"