The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We need to have a second pass on the Brittle Debuff.

Mr_Stach
Mr_Stach
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
On Paper, getting +10% & +20% Crit Damage is amazing, that's a huge buff to damage..... In a vacuum. In actuality Brittle is not that effective. With proper efficient setups, people are already practically at the max Crit Cap. Like in a Optimal Raid setup, People are rolling with about +120% Crit Damage, leaving only 5% for Brittle to do anything. That makes Minor Brittle half as useful and Major Brittle so much overkill.

So what's the fix?

I'm not sure how people will react to this but what if Major and Minor Brittle could bypass the cap. So Major & Minor Brittle stack up Crit Damage to a massive +150% . Is it too strong? Maybe. But that would really make Frost Damage a necessity in a group.

But yeah that's my thoughts, maybe the Math is bad or I'm missing something big, but let me know.
Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think many people can make it there without the brittle debuffs, and i think the brittle debuffs were why the cap was instituted in the first place

it allows players to focus less on crit dmg and more either crit chance or regular dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both crit damage CP stars are getting nerfed. It should make brittle a little more relevant.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm strongly against hard caps. Especially when there is no obvious way to see that you are exceeding the cap and wasting stats (without addons).

I can understand a crit nerf, it was by far the strongest stat. However it would have been better to target the aspects that were overperforming in coordinated groups, such as Elemental Catalyst (9% or 12% is fine, 15% is excessive for a group buff). Reducing Finesse and Backstabber to 8% and 10% is fine, they were near mandatory before. Even Major and Minor Force could be reduced, maybe 16% and 8%. Barbed Trap will still be plenty strong and groups will still use Aggressive Warhorn and Sax.

That would prevent the collateral damage to things that were balanced or underperforming. Shadow Mundus and Axes were already weaker than Thief and Daggers, now they do literally nothing since they exceed the 125% cap. Khajiit was finally on par with Altmer and Dunmer for a bit, now it is back to one of the worst DPS races.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on April 29, 2022 2:31AM